DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

HousePriceMania
3 minutes ago, TNS said:

Tempted to dump half my shell holding at 55% profit and whack it into FRES!

I took my profit from BP and RDSB today and put it into REP which is trailing the rest.

Also waster some on FRES at 700 when 680 was the number some random people on the internet needed to tell me to buy at. :Old:

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Covid QE and bounce back shit brought forward a lot of physical spending after the effect of low interest rates since 2008 wore off.

That however has lasted 1/6th the amount of time and cost a fortune. Once the small builders run out of 'home improvements' to do its over.

What are builders merchants stock levels like, we already know steel stockholders are rammed with ferrous metal.

Top.  Demand seems to have eased.  Might even find a roofer this year!

Bobthebuilder
5 minutes ago, Harley said:

Top.  Demand seems to have eased.  Might even find a roofer this year!

If he can find any roof tiles, of course. Just posted on another thread that Vaillant are running out of gas boilers due to chip shortage. Best estimate, 3 months.

1 hour ago, Hardhat said:

Is 650 too optimistic for Fres?

I sold out my whole position at 1200. Would be amazing to get them back (almost) half price.

Set a limit order and find out...

Buy signal failed on the monthly but oversold and a higher gap to fill on the daily.  This week's HA candle has a long tail but it also had that before the last big run up.  Less production maybe but if the silver price rises and there's a general rush into unloved miners, especially divy ones.......  I own a ladder and will be bottom fishing.

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

It will double from here with divs i think in the cycle,going where its going in its own time.Hugely well placed for gas going forwards.US will be shipping to Europe and Repsol owns a lot of that gas.

I'm happy with my technicals on this one.  I would have been sitting on losses without them.  I own a ladder and will add on a turn but be ready to sell in case it's still going down the stairs.

31 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

If he can find any roof tiles, of course. Just posted on another thread that Vaillant are running out of gas boilers due to chip shortage. Best estimate, 3 months.

My fault for not buying stock.  I should have known better.

PS:  Oh, just remembered I've got a good few hundred in the yard from covid D-Day!  Not quite right but maybe a trade or re-roof another to re-use.

A History of EVs, good article with some interesting references and parallels to today... but of course it will all be very different this time!                                                                                                                                                                  https://investoramnesia.com/2020/08/09/speculation-innovation/?utm_campaign=TraderFerg&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue newsletter

3 hours ago, Hancock said:

INFA or HARL as its now called, was widely touted on here back in the day.

Let's widen it out then to the 'Scottish Players'... an ensemble troop of once promising bright young prospects, but now dire industrial and moribund actors!   

2 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I was asking my mate if he fancied tackling my clutch sometime,its fine but 90k and high up,he said be careful with it i cant get the clutch at the minute.

On 25/01/2022 at 12:03, HousePriceMania said:

Finally, something that explains fully why the market went up yesterday....

seems to have worked actually

31 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I was asking my mate if he fancied tackling my clutch sometime,its fine but 90k and high up,he said be careful with it i cant get the clutch at the minute.

Went to order 2 front tyres today. Continentals on for last 4 years, just clicked reorder. Price up 50% in 4 years which is ok ish.

I can get one next week.

No mention of the other one.

11 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Well yeah but they did say that one day it will be appropriate for them to raise them.

Sometime between later and never; will the dollar ever be the same again

1524974437_stsmall507x507-pad600x600f8f8f8.jpg.5a46da95920ddfdd8f9093027bc6f465.jpg

Archived