Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

IGNORED

How Scabby is Scabby?


swiss_democracy_for_all

Recommended Posts

On 26/10/2022 at 16:52, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Those 2 links look like very la-di-da and not at all as I imagined it. But prices are like the south as well.

Going from what you say, the place to buy longterm would be North Marine Road, and just wait for the HMOs to fade out, assuming the council don't change policy. It's right next to the sea and the cricket ground, in theory it should be posh, or should one day become posh.

 

 

I agree. That's a great contrarian macro buy. If you want summers by the seaside it will be great. I've been visiting Scarborough all my life and really like it.

Ignoring the lack of major employers now, it's the remoteness that leaves Scarborough in ruin. Timewise the med' is closer for most people.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PETR4 said:

I agree. That's a great contrarian macro buy. If you want summers by the seaside it will be great. I've been visiting Scarborough all my life and really like it.

Ignoring the lack of major employers now, it's the remoteness that leaves Scarborough in ruin. Timewise the med' is closer for most people.

Hah, it’s the scratters, bennie brigade and imported scum that’s done that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

And mini golf. Everyone loves mini golf.

Hmm. Scabies got pirate golf, which is expensive.

Whitby has *the* traditional crazy golf.

arnold-palmer-(image-1)-4698810.jpg

It's great.

It's also a fantastic business.

I've sat up tye seats with my mum, counting the people going in. £3/head, about 5groups going thru at a time.

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all

Made to look and sound glam in this cheesy MSN article.

Inside the Yorkshire seaside town that's known as 'Scarbados' (msn.com)

Edit :- No mention of one of the most polluted beaches in the UK, druggies and HMOs and the like, it's all sweetness.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Made to look and sound glam in this cheesy MSN article.

Inside the Yorkshire seaside town that's known as 'Scarbados' (msn.com)

Edit :- No mention of one of the most polluted beaches in the UK, druggies and HMOs and the like, it's all sweetness.

All seaside towns have druggies n hmos.

I'd put Scabby better than Brighton, which is a dump. And Hastings, which is an uber dump.

I'd swerve Brid though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leonardratso
38 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Weirdly

 

My only comment us   all the scum have Ben imported.

Changed benefits so scum have to work or stay wherever - poof!

Its unfair to put your family on you tube sir, its not their fault they are all drug addled alcoholics.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all
13 hours ago, spygirl said:

Weirdly

 

My only comment us   all the scum have Ben imported.

Changed benefits so scum have to work or stay wherever - poof!

Scarborough didn't look that bad. But it has that "thin" Northern light that looks like it will be cold even if it isn't.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Scarborough didn't look that bad. But it has that "thin" Northern light that looks like it will be cold even if it isn't.

It can blow thru the cwentral bit.

Howver, the bits tucked away are prety sheltered.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Journo mangling.

It's got a hugh rate of oaps as there 30y of missing kids, well, the working ones.

Noones retiring to Scabby or anywhere these days. People work too long and are wise to holidaying abroad.

I'd doubt Scabby oap ratio comes close to Chrustchuch, or other Southern towns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

'Your lungs open and you feel like you can breathe again': Why retirees are flocking to Scarborough

Scarborough was named Britain’s retirement capital, with more than one in four residents aged 65 or over – and it’s not hard to see why

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/life/why-retire-to-scarborough-north-yorkshire/

They’ve not been down westborough have they?  o.O

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Journo mangling.

It's got a hugh rate of oaps as there 30y of missing kids, well, the working ones.

Noones retiring to Scabby or anywhere these days. People work too long and are wise to holidaying abroad.

I'd doubt Scabby oap ratio comes close to Chrustchuch, or other Southern towns.

At 30% we are close to 1 in 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Visited Scabby over the summer this year for the first time in my life. Impressive place in some ways - the buildings, the madly overbuilt Victorian infrastructure.

But take a short stroll up Harcourt Place towards The Grand, and then a left swerve into St Nicholas Street - in what seems like the centrepiece of the town - and the penny will soon drop as you pass the third mobility scooter shop in 300 yards.

And then you notice the last one is smack bang opposite the PIP office and you realise this isn't just a town, it's a parable for the predicament of an entire nation.

Highly recommended, I'll be visiting again in 2024.

Edit to add: here is the streetview of Scab's jewel in the crown: https://maps.app.goo.gl/sRXda5Mown4Lf68t9

Edited by jamtomorrow
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well at least someone from scabby has achieved something. Don’t knock it. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 21/11/2023 at 07:39, jamtomorrow said:

Visited Scabby over the summer this year for the first time in my life. Impressive place in some ways - the buildings, the madly overbuilt Victorian infrastructure.

But take a short stroll up Harcourt Place towards The Grand, and then a left swerve into St Nicholas Street - in what seems like the centrepiece of the town - and the penny will soon drop as you pass the third mobility scooter shop in 300 yards.

And then you notice the last one is smack bang opposite the PIP office and you realise this isn't just a town, it's a parable for the predicament of an entire nation.

Highly recommended, I'll be visiting again in 2024.

Edit to add: here is the streetview of Scab's jewel in the crown: https://maps.app.goo.gl/sRXda5Mown4Lf68t9

Talking about thus topic with brother.

His idiot GF wanted to invest in Scabby n have brother looking after place.

The centre, bound  Columbus ravine to  Queen Street is lost.

Other than MnS there's no shops in town.

That's not to say theres no shops, last 30y has seen a big Tescos n Sainsbury open.

But forget it for none  supermarket stuff.

I kniw aa few who have nice houses on tte edge, wholl only walk in when we go fir aa beer. Thats sad. Scabby used to be a good place for a crawl.

Now the Centre- and the under 40s has been lost to scum.

The centre gas stopped getting worse. A brutal reduction in vebefits will be a bonus.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...