DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

How Scabby is Scabby?

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

This caught my eye in an auction email, thought it looked a reasonable house by UK standards for the money. Wasn't @steppensheep cruising the north looking for somewhere to live?

https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/lot-overview/vacant-freehold-semidetached-house-in-scarborough/r221103-276?#description

However you lot up there might know that this reasonable-looking street is actually a shithole full of bagheads etc.

@spygirl @One percent @eight @Stuey @Roger_Mellie @The XYY Man @DurhamBorn and any other NE-ers I've forgotten.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

This caught my eye in an auction email, thought it looked a reasonable house by UK standards for the money. Wasn't @steppensheep cruising the north looking for somewhere to live?

https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/lot-overview/vacant-freehold-semidetached-house-in-scarborough/r221103-276?#description

However you lot up there might know that this reasonable-looking street is actually a shithole full of bagheads etc.

@spygirl @One percent @eight @Stuey @Roger_Mellie @The XYY Man @DurhamBorn and any other NE-ers I've forgotten.

Thats decent road - just a quick scoot up with google maps will confirm that - no matress e , HMO.

On street aprkign is the only wrnkle.

Near the 5th form, trains ation town and south bay.

Ive said it before on here + TOS- Scarbs is the future - swamped by probates, limited cash available to mortgage.

The crap -rather than bad - bits of Scayy are Eastfields (out of town), North marine Rd, which the ocuncil are sorting out by banning HMOs and an area called Barrowlifeee -look on maps.

The area surrounding Barrowcliffe are very nice, and easy to spot.

For whatever reason ,the Scum dont really walk out of their much i.e. you are fine living half a mile away as youll never see them.

The smaller terraces in town - detected by the yellowish bricks, just tend to be small and no parking.

This is one of the nicers - and more expessive roads - 

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.3013703,-0.4402655,3a,75y,245.28h,80.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQebbMWOJL0Zw7eZ_u8wCxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Or Bath lite - 

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.2798445,-0.4011446,3a,75y,287.8h,76.96t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sL6rtZ58umrSTYGwDkHEPhw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DL6rtZ58umrSTYGwDkHEPhw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D177.54912%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

• Informative 1

13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I only know Scarborough as a day-tripping tourist from the proper North-East.

Having said that, I don't remember ever shitting in that particular street.

XYY

• Lol 1

Democorruptcy
37 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I only know Scarborough as a day-tripping tourist from the proper North-East.

Having said that, I don't remember ever shitting in that particular street.

XYY

I know of a chap who spent a lot of time in a Wetherspoon's pub, but the manager banned him for shitting in the street. It was on his way home from the pub but not near it. I thought it was a bit harsh.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Thats decent road - just a quick scoot up with google maps will confirm that - no matress e , HMO.

On street aprkign is the only wrnkle.

Near the 5th form, trains ation town and south bay.

Ive said it before on here + TOS- Scarbs is the future - swamped by probates, limited cash available to mortgage.

The crap -rather than bad - bits of Scayy are Eastfields (out of town), North marine Rd, which the ocuncil are sorting out by banning HMOs and an area called Barrowlifeee -look on maps.

The area surrounding Barrowcliffe are very nice, and easy to spot.

For whatever reason ,the Scum dont really walk out of their much i.e. you are fine living half a mile away as youll never see them.

The smaller terraces in town - detected by the yellowish bricks, just tend to be small and no parking.

This is one of the nicers - and more expessive roads - 

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.3013703,-0.4402655,3a,75y,245.28h,80.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQebbMWOJL0Zw7eZ_u8wCxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Or Bath lite - 

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.2798445,-0.4011446,3a,75y,287.8h,76.96t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sL6rtZ58umrSTYGwDkHEPhw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DL6rtZ58umrSTYGwDkHEPhw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D177.54912%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Those 2 links look like very la-di-da and not at all as I imagined it. But prices are like the south as well.

Going from what you say, the place to buy longterm would be North Marine Road, and just wait for the HMOs to fade out, assuming the council don't change policy. It's right next to the sea and the cricket ground, in theory it should be posh, or should one day become posh.

13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Those 2 links look like very la-di-da and not at all as I imagined it. But prices are like the south as well.

Going from what you say, the place to buy longterm would be North Marine Road, and just wait for the HMOs to fade out, assuming the council don't change policy. It's right next to the sea and the cricket ground, in theory it should be posh, or should one day become posh.

No, too close too town and the houses are the wrong sized - old large guesthouses - 16 rooms, no parking.

If you were Mr n Mrs Public sector, say Teacher and Nurse, Id say, with no hesitation or doubt that, compared to everywhere else and options, that taking out a 200k/250k mortgage and betting it on Scabby.

Theres 2 v food secondary schools.

Theres an excellent 6th form.

Local shopping is now restricted but you can train it to yawk in ~50min, or KX in just under 3h.

Youve got a good sea area - the areas away from South bay are great.

And youve got Dalby forest an ht moors to the back.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, King Penda said:

You might get this for a cheeky 200k offer I doubt there are many local jobs mind you ,the houses look the part from the road https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/118691618?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

Subject of offers in interesting.

Ive also advised to pith v low 20%-30% off asking.

If the seller and EA have any sense then theyd take it.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Subject of offers in interesting.

Ive also advised to pith v low 20%-30% off asking.

If the seller and EA have any sense then theyd take it.

I should imagine it might cost a lot to keep warm

You might get this for a cheeky 200k offer I doubt there are many local jobs mind you ,the houses look the part from the road https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/118691618?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

Look at all the camper vans parked out from. Pissing and shitting in your front garden. :Sick1:

Ah, didnt look. Thought it was Scabby.

I think @The Generation Gamewas Withernsea-ish.

Its a great place for anti social Bird and boat spotters.

• Lol 1

28 minutes ago, One percent said:

Look at all the camper vans parked out from. Pissing and shitting in your front garden. :Sick1:

But look at the vantage point for my catapult

ADEAE142-0387-41BC-BC29-47E84F8CB585.jpeg

53CC2E80-7FD2-4368-8D1E-12F6B7C0F4C4.png

• Lol 3

id say the last and 1st order have both been photoshopped in the description, the pictures give away what they really are.

• Love / Hugz 1

swiss_democracy_for_all

I should imagine it might cost a lot to keep warm

Anything on the North Sea coast that isn't a Passivhaus costs a lot to keep warm, it's freezing even in summer except for about 10 days a year!

• Lol 1

The Generation Game
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Ah, didnt look. Thought it was Scabby.

I think @The Generation Gamewas Withernsea-ish.

Its a great place for anti social Bird and boat spotters.

Nah, I was the other side of the Wolds. Withernsea has a well-deserved reputation. 

Edited by The Generation Game
  • Informative 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
20 hours ago, spygirl said:

No, too close too town and the houses are the wrong sized - old large guesthouses - 16 rooms, no parking.

If you were Mr n Mrs Public sector, say Teacher and Nurse, Id say, with no hesitation or doubt that, compared to everywhere else and options, that taking out a 200k/250k mortgage and betting it on Scabby.

Theres 2 v food secondary schools.

Theres an excellent 6th form.

Local shopping is now restricted but you can train it to yawk in ~50min, or KX in just under 3h.

Youve got a good sea area - the areas away from South bay are great.

And youve got Dalby forest an ht moors to the back.

That "Dancing Queen" thing with Rik Mayall and Helena Bonham-Carter posted in the sexy burd thread made Scabby look pretty glam, but that was 1990ish and I daresay they only filmed in the nicer bits. 

Maybe as an alternative to an island, Dosbods should take over a town, like the pikeys have done in Rathkeale in Ireland.

We could act like Freemasons, get people on the council, buy land and grant each other planning permission! xD 

• Lol 1

7 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That "Dancing Queen" thing with Rik Mayall and Helena Bonham-Carter posted in the sexy burd thread made Scabby look pretty glam, but that was 1990ish and I daresay they only filmed in the nicer bits. 

Maybe as an alternative to an island, Dosbods should take over a town, like the pikeys have done in Rathkeale in Ireland.

We could act like Freemasons, get people on the council, buy land and grant each other planning permission! xD 

Just the Spa and train station IIRC.

Hlenas tits make anything look good. Not cos they are great, just cos they are out.

Little Voice was filmed in Scabby too. Mainly around the town centre terraces.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

22 hours ago, One percent said:

The two on the left are trade vans. The silver one on the right might be a day van.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, light n dark said:

The two on the left are trade vans. The silver one on the right might be a day van.

They are turning trade vans into stealth campers. No loo, hence the pissing and shitting in the streets. :Sick1:

21 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Nah, I was the other side of the Wolds. Withernsea has a well-deserved reputation. 

Has a nice place or a shit hole

23 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

As a shit hole. But still probably a step up on Blackpool. 

Great Yarmouth has nose dived I loved that place has a teenager

1 minute ago, Stuey said:

Surprised you can remember the 1970s

I was last there around 2 years ago and the time before that was to watch the Carl urban judge dread. The weatherspoons is in a good spot for people watching mind you

3 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I was last there around 2 years ago and the time before that was to watch the Carl urban judge dread. The weatherspoons is in a good spot for people watching mind you

I could name you several pubs in Headingley for that. Dozens of students passing every minute B|