DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

44 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

BTC seems to have left the tracking of the NASDAQ/FAANGs/tech behind and is moving with gold (this was its intended purpose after all). It’s BTC’s true test that it’s never experienced before, i.e. a loss of faith in the financial system with banks looking ropey. 

Not many will like this on here, it’s an unpopular view, but hey ho as some may have gathered on this thread already Im not one for following the crowd.

Further regulations and a slam down on the ban hammer soon? Most probably.

Meanwhile PMs on the fly with Santacruz doing spectacularly for me this week.

876BFB14-306B-4ED8-A29C-E73C88EE0917.thumb.jpeg.763308edac74638766cf94d8328db995.jpeg

THUMBNAIL_IMAGE_-_How_Dare_You.jpg?1582756058

• Lol 2

Noallegiance
57 minutes ago, Sidd said:

Agreed, trying to reverse jynx it this time around, so it keeps going up

OK cool.

Gold's shit. Hate it. Pet rock blah blah I think Cramer said it should tank to $4.23/oz.

• Lol 4

Red Debt Redemption
3 hours ago, F150 said:

yes, but the damage cars have done economically can no longer be hidden and all the infrastructure is falling apart and there isnt money for it to be rebuilt or maintained, hence potholes everywhere

meanwhile train tracks that run low speed rail and havent needed to be replaced since the 1960s on the tube, and theres still tracks running that are close to 100 years old. and for High speed rail, when those tracks wear out they can be repurposed onto low speed rail lines. cant do that for the M25

just look at the freight trains in the US, they take 1000 ton loads every day and havent been repaired or looked after since the gubbermint decided to fuck it over decades ago and privatise it all, yes they are derailing now but if that had been a road it would be an impassible rubble  after 2 years, just like airport runways

i reckon the recent train derailments are all planned by the automobile industry to try to kill trains in the US FOREVER

but florida just got its first intercity high speed rail line in 2018 and this is in the car brain of car brain places and fighting against massive political opposition and decades of terrible land rules that have been designed to force everyone to need a car (e.g. parking mandates), and the big cities are trying to reopen their streetcar lines

the same way bodders go on about the economy collapsing from bennies because you cant run from reality forever, the same thing with 12mpg 5000lb SUVs vs trains

THIS is the age of the TRAIN!

While it is true that cars have caused significant damage to our infrastructure and economy, it is important to recognize that trains also have their own set of challenges and limitations. For example, high-speed rail systems require massive amounts of funding for construction and maintenance, which can be a significant burden on taxpayers. Additionally, train systems may not be as flexible or accessible as cars, as they require dedicated tracks and stations, which may not be located in convenient locations for all users.

Moreover, the assertion that the recent train derailments are all planned by the automobile industry to try to kill trains in the US is a baseless conspiracy theory without any evidence to support it. Derailments can happen for a variety of reasons, including human error, mechanical failure, and environmental factors, and it is not helpful to jump to unfounded conclusions.

It is also worth noting that while trains may be a more environmentally friendly mode of transportation compared to cars, they are not without their own negative impacts. Trains still require significant amounts of energy to run, and their construction and operation can have negative impacts on local ecosystems and communities.

In conclusion, while trains may offer some benefits over cars, it is important to recognize that both modes of transportation have their own unique challenges and limitations. It is not productive to engage in baseless conspiracy theories or to promote one mode of transportation over another without considering the full range of factors at play.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

leonardratso

Anything jimmy saville endorsed has got to be some kind of bent noncey pedo necro shit.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2

2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Anything jimmy saville endorsed has got to be some kind of bent noncey pedo necro shit.

Tottenham Hotspur?

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

Wight Flight
5 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Jacob Rees-Moggy sprang to mind when you said that

You want to try having him as a client.

• Bogged 1

1 hour ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

While it is true that cars have caused significant damage to our infrastructure and economy, it is important to recognize that trains also have their own set of challenges and limitations. For example, high-speed rail systems require massive amounts of funding for construction and maintenance, which can be a significant burden on taxpayers. Additionally, train systems may not be as flexible or accessible as cars, as they require dedicated tracks and stations, which may not be located in convenient locations for all users.

Moreover, the assertion that the recent train derailments are all planned by the automobile industry to try to kill trains in the US is a baseless conspiracy theory without any evidence to support it. Derailments can happen for a variety of reasons, including human error, mechanical failure, and environmental factors, and it is not helpful to jump to unfounded conclusions.

It is also worth noting that while trains may be a more environmentally friendly mode of transportation compared to cars, they are not without their own negative impacts. Trains still require significant amounts of energy to run, and their construction and operation can have negative impacts on local ecosystems and communities.

In conclusion, while trains may offer some benefits over cars, it is important to recognize that both modes of transportation have their own unique challenges and limitations. It is not productive to engage in baseless conspiracy theories or to promote one mode of transportation over another without considering the full range of factors at play.

ChatGPT?

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

38 minutes ago, Joxer said:

ChatGPT?

Chat GPT response to my post below. The age of the car is OVER!

While it is true that there are challenges with maintaining and upgrading road infrastructure, it's not necessarily accurate to say that the automobile industry is intentionally causing train derailments to discredit rail transportation. There could be a range of factors contributing to train accidents, including aging infrastructure and human error.

That being said, there are definitely advantages to investing in and expanding rail transportation. Trains can move large quantities of goods and people efficiently and with less environmental impact than cars. They can also be a more reliable form of transportation, especially in areas where traffic congestion is a major issue.

However, it's important to note that there are also challenges associated with expanding rail transportation. For example, building new rail lines or upgrading existing ones can be costly, and there may be opposition from communities and other stakeholders who are concerned about the potential impacts of the project. Additionally, there may be existing laws or regulations that favor automobile transportation over other modes of transportation.

Overall, it's important to consider the benefits and drawbacks of different transportation options and to work towards a more balanced and sustainable transportation system.

ThoughtCriminal
On 16/03/2023 at 23:11, Bobthebuilder said:

You really are a twat sometimes.

Sometimes? He's an absolute fucking wanker.

How you don't all have him on ignore is beyond me, but each to his own.

• Agree 3

ThoughtCriminal
On 17/03/2023 at 00:11, DurhamBorn said:

I think mine is shitty carbs and lack of exercise,im going to try to cut lots of carbs out the next few weeks.Funny enough i noticed days when i eat no bread but have wholewheat oats and yoghurt it seems to be lower.

If you do nothing else then cut out carbs and go full keto. It's the single best intervention for blood pressure.

Blood donation is also proven to reduce it. As well as the additional benefits of lowering iron.

Lots of peer reviewed papers on carbs and blood donation for reducing BP

• Informative 3

Castlevania
On 17/03/2023 at 01:11, DurhamBorn said:

I think mine is shitty carbs and lack of exercise,im going to try to cut lots of carbs out the next few weeks.Funny enough i noticed days when i eat no bread but have wholewheat oats and yoghurt it seems to be lower.

Does this mean no more Ferrari pizza oven chat?

• Lol 1

6 hours ago, F150 said:

Chat GPT response to my post below. The age of the car is OVER!

While it is true that there are challenges with maintaining and upgrading road infrastructure, it's not necessarily accurate to say that the automobile industry is intentionally causing train derailments to discredit rail transportation. There could be a range of factors contributing to train accidents, including aging infrastructure and human error.

That being said, there are definitely advantages to investing in and expanding rail transportation. Trains can move large quantities of goods and people efficiently and with less environmental impact than cars. They can also be a more reliable form of transportation, especially in areas where traffic congestion is a major issue.

However, it's important to note that there are also challenges associated with expanding rail transportation. For example, building new rail lines or upgrading existing ones can be costly, and there may be opposition from communities and other stakeholders who are concerned about the potential impacts of the project. Additionally, there may be existing laws or regulations that favor automobile transportation over other modes of transportation.

Overall, it's important to consider the benefits and drawbacks of different transportation options and to work towards a more balanced and sustainable transportation system.

Is there something wrong with your printer? haha

9 hours ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

Can someone run that through an AI detector

edit: somehow I missed the initial text

Edited by snaga
  • Lol 1

13 hours ago, Plan-b said:

The French love a good rumble. If only it could happen here, the UK  Gov pass stuff in spite of ppl all the time and sod all happens. Their pension age is only going up 2 years to 64 and theres been a million on strike and its kicking off,

I would be proud to be French...

Which is why I was surprised they took the whole Covid thing/restrictions 'lying down'...in fact perhaps the fact that they did has given Marco the encouragement to behave the way he has recently?

• Agree 2

ThoughtCriminal
21 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

I am sure you are right.

My parents both had high blood pressure and although it never caught up with them….I never assumed that would be the case for me. So mine used to be off the charts ie “go to A&E immediately by helicopter” high (200/145)…one of the reasons I made sure I retired early. After I left work it stayed high (180/140)….maybe “just go to A&E but in an ambulance” high😆

Rather than tablets I decided to cut down carbs but not in a deliberate exclusion way….rather I went on what I called my 1970’s diet.

Basically porridge in the morning, meat and 2 veg type meals (including carb veg but always proper veg too ie broccoli) but almost no pastries, no sugar etc on a routine basis. So if I had a rare pastry eg a meat pie…it was with 2 veg and gravy and no pudding.

I guess it’s all from the starting point…I moved from 4000 calorie lunches from the bakery (exceptional but I kid you not) to scramble eggs or beans on one slice of toast as a lunch type.

Anyhoo…the long and short was I lost the belly but the most noticeable impact was the lack of ‘routine’ processed food and sugars had an immediate (ie within a few days) on the BP. (To around 130/85….high but managed)

I knew about salt but has no idea just how much sugar and processed carbs impact the blood pressure…I guess it should be fairly obvious.

Full keto I am sure would have that immediate impact but for me (and we are all very different) I think just moving from a ‘awful diet’ to a ‘relatively decent diet’ made the difference.👍🏻😉

Agree with all of that.

I eat 95% carnivore because I love the taste and how I feel on it. Typical day for me is venison steaks, half a dozen eggs, sardines. A treat is homemade protein mug cake, almost carb free.

The only reason to eat shit is laziness. And I've done it in the past, so not claiming perfection.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

14 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Fun Boy Three? 

Thought he was an actor he actually killed (Baldwin take note) Brendon lee ie Bruce lees son in real life

• Informative 1