DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

Long time lurking
39 minutes ago, marceau said:

The poll tax riots were fruitful because what would eventually be called the 'Blairite' or 'People like us' factions allowed them to be so. No amount of miners rioting for example, would, or could, have achieved the same effect for themselves. Those factions of the British state were well beyond Thatcherism while she was still in power. They enabled the ascent of Major in service of their aims in the same way that they've just enabled the ascent of Sunak.

State power gets what it wants, as long as it's physically possible, everything else is just window dressing. Reform comes from competing elites, or outside takeovers, not the plebs.

Miners don`t talk nonsenses the mines were dead by then there were a few thousand mostly from my part of the world as  quite a few of the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire mines stayed open as they were already mainly maned by contractors 

When people go hungry even the most placid will fight 

I have never suggest the public will change what the elite want ,i`m saying that the public sector will be levelled down before the welfare sate is significantly cut that was and still is my only point ,i suspect the irony of fact the miners lost ,used as a pretext to why the public sector will not be cut is lost on you

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Informative 1

Bobthebuilder
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Better close the whole thing down now and nuke the site from orbit

I would bet the leak is from a cleaning facility, rather than any oil lines.

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I would bet the leak is from a cleaning facility, rather than any oil lines.

Can't be too careful, we don't need oil any more anyway xD

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Miners don`t talk nonsenses the mines were dead by then there were a few thousand mostly from my part of the world as  quite a few of the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire mines stayed open as they were already mainly maned by contractors 

When people go hungry even the most placid will fight 

I have never suggest the public will change what the elite want ,i`m saying that the public sector will be levelled down before the welfare sate is significantly cut that was and still is my only point 

It's poorly phrased, but I'm not saying the miners were protesting the poll tax. I'm saying that the miner's strikes failed because they were not aligned with state power, while the poll tax riots succeeded because they were. Blairism was well into power long before Blair was elected - you can thank them for the poll tax 'success' (council tax xD).

I can't prove it, but I suspect they were happier to see a weakling bureaucrat like Major in power than a more independently-minded John Smith. Either way, all the policies ended up being the same in the end. There was no way a vote could stop globalism, mass immigration or multicult, it was coming regardless. The only place the Blairites failed was digital ID, and I suspect they'll get that soon. A final triumph in their (hopeful) twilight.

• Agree 7

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

It no coincidence that you run that site for decades and now this

My thoughts exactly.

I grew up in that area, sure I can remember stories of the oil way back in the late 1970s.

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
8 minutes ago, marceau said:

It's poorly phrased, but I'm not saying the miners were protesting the poll tax. I'm saying that the miner's strikes failed because they were not aligned with state power,

As i added to my post you quoted ,can`t you see the irony of using that to say the public sector will not be cut ?

That was and is my only point ,the public sector is not a sacred cow the miners are all the proof ever needed 

• Agree 1

I’ve got a mate who works in the public sector and always babbles on about how they get better pensions as the private sector pays more. Never occurs to him that they are paid less as they aren’t skilled enough to work in the private sector!

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

M S E Refugee
3 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

how far do we let our portfolio fall before panicking ?

If I could liquidate my whole Portfolio I would put the lot into Physical Gold and Silver.

I don't even feel confident that companies like Hargreaves Lansdown are safe.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

As i added to my post you quoted ,can`t you see the irony of using that to say the public sector will not be cut ?

That was and is my only point ,the public sector is not a sacred cow the miners are all the proof ever needed 

Wtf? I haven't said that anywhere at all.

Although if you want to make it about 'cuts', then imo the public sector absolutely is a sacred cow - because it is all that is left of the British state. They'll throw everyone and everything under the bus to prolong it, they have nothing else.

Imo the shit will never again sufficiently hit the fan for reform of the British state, just like the shit never hits the fan sufficiently for reform of the state in south american nations or other such places worldwide. The only cuts we'll see will be the sort of ineffectual theatre offered up by Cameron and crew. The reality will most likely be a long inflationary grind down until someone (probably from outside) comes along and throws the whole thing away, most likely accompanied by 'cuts' of a different type.

Long time lurking
6 minutes ago, marceau said:

Although if you want to make it about 'cuts', then imo the public sector absolutely is a sacred cow - because it is all that is left of the British state. They'll throw everyone and everything under the bus to prolong it, they have nothing else.

Well the miners are proof that it`s not a scared cow ,when push comes to shove it will be cut well before the welfare sate is significantly cut ,and my only point was about PS cuts 

And yes you did say it 

image.thumb.png.944b7637b3fb867d20a8796e9a28a8f6.png

• Lol 1

At the rate we are going there will be a co ordinated bail in. Amongst western nations . Ireland would be super rich if it could take every business there for 10% fuck.

37 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

This is why the west is fucked 

Not seen her before…..nice.  45 years old and I imagine brings in a decent wage….tempting. I could even pretend to agree with her on some woke nonsense. 

Sorry, I forget what @Long time lurking or my own points were….distracted for a minute or two.….by the way, the comments on the twitter feed are hilarious. 

Ps….talking of comments I looked at the BBC Ukraine tab recently (they don’t seem to have one for other conflicts in the world….just Ukraine for some strange reason) and the comments were infuriating. I was going to put something but realised it would be like a snapped pencil….pointless.

• Agree 1

LMAO. 

Let me try one.

From - 

2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

The Romans called it bread and circuses ,they knew what would happen when the bread and circuses stopped ,the rest is history ,if the shit hit`s the fan it will happen here just like it did back then 

2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I don`t think it`s that clear cut as the political consequences will be coming from the 10`s of millions of general public not the few million PS workers 

To -

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

I have never suggest the public will change what the elite want

Edited by marceau

Long time lurking
1 minute ago, marceau said:

LMAO. 

Let me try one.

From - 

To -

Yep that`s what would happen if the bread and circuses was stopped ,for the tens of millions and that is why the public sector is not a sacred cow ,the public sector will be cut before significant welfare cuts why because it`s less politically damaging 

it was you that went of on a tangent with mass rapes and elites 

That was my whole point and the miners were public sector workers which were thrown under the bus when push came to shove 

Lightscribe
23 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

If I could liquidate my whole Portfolio I would put the lot into Physical Gold and Silver.

It’s crossed my mind. As I’ve said previously, all to much experience with Icelandic banks. Diversification under £85k of course, but if we get to that stage of contagion, I’m not sure how guaranteed even insurance would be.

If only I hadn’t lost all my physical in that boating accident…

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

The company doesn't bother me, another round of theft does

Edited by Loki
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

how far do we let our portfolio fall before panicking ?

Buy a house , buy gold , buy silver. Anything  tangible is far better than digits floating around in the ether , that occasionally appear on our screens.

Short term gains are comforting but when the tide turns the messages about being in it for the long run turn to ashes.

• Agree 6