DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

2 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I'm sure the BOE will get @DurhamBorn in just before the clock goes to zero.

No, they're just waiting for his 'Lovechild' from his 'meeting' with Catherine 'whats her face' to mature, and then he/she will get the job! :-)

• Lol 2

3 hours ago, Alifelessbinary said:

Shame they’ve got rid of page 3 as I would’ve like to assesses the impact over the last few years.

You think so?...with our current WOKE agenda we would probably have a different 'lady' group for each day of the week to keep everyone happy!

• Vomit 1

leonardratso
11 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Hope you can get sorted.....My Pru Pension has awful options but seems so much better than the awful options you have.

Not to rub salt into the wounds but even in the vanilla shite of the Pru there are 5 interesting funds they have from the thousands of uninteresting ones, Apologies because not sure if these help your search or just highlights your limited options

Blackrock Gold, I like this one and have invested in it. Interactive Factsheet - BlackRock Gold and General Class D Acc (fundslibrary.co.uk)

Aberdeen Latin America, 55% Brazil and is on the rise. If I stay with the Pru I will add this Interactive Factsheet - abrdn OEIC abrdn Latin American Equity Class I Acc (fundslibrary.co.uk)

Russian Fund (ooo, interesting :) ) Interactive Factsheet - Liontrust Russia Class C Acc (fundslibrary.co.uk)

JPM Natural resource, 8% in Rio, another fund I will add if I stay with the Pru. Interactive Factsheet - JPMorgan Natural Resources Class C - Net Acc (fundslibrary.co.uk)

And finally Food and Agriculture, maybe run its course. Interactive Factsheet - Sarasin Food & Agriculture Opportunities Class P Acc (fundslibrary.co.uk)

----------------------------------------------------------

As and aside even the vanilla Pru fund I have used isn't great but it plods on for now. Fewer gilts/bonds than the norm and a small % in some interesting investments but the bulk in doomsday generic funds. Its only temporary until I sell the house then I move more aggressively into direct investments and move to HL. 

Interactive Factsheet - Prudential PruFund Growth Fund Ser E (fundslibrary.co.uk)

I think HL is my favourite post completion option. 

see those look ace, id be happy with those, ill see if i cant export a list of what shit we have, i did manage to find one that at least had BP in it near the top weightings, bloody astra zeneca was the highest in that one, and then a some banking crud. Ill need to look into draining it elsewhere if i can.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Calcutta said:

One trip to Home Bargains and all hell breaks loose.

Shops have been going this way for years, if it's not immigrants it's junkies.

Britain, England, the UK, has ceased to exist. This island is somewhere we are entitled to open a tax free brokerage account and invest in the FTSE. Nothing else.

The weak, the feeble, the stupid, the lazy, will fester in the mess they've created. Nobody with any sense is going to bother trying to use politics to save them. It's natural selection in action. 

The world is a big place. Our families are small and transport is relatively easy.

Treat what's left of England as the new people treat it, somewhere to blag free shit.

I always enjoy your posts but generally have nothing to add (I don't here either)

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Sidd said:

US Inflation down. Chances of no rate hike are almost a given. Gold and Silver down, am i missing something?

Just guessing here but Since the debt ceiling was cancelled/resolved BOA/JPM have a lot of freshly minted USD to keep the PM price rigging going. Also it’s widely discussed that the Fed are only “skipping” this meeting as opposed to a pause signaling there are still more rises in the pipe

Edited by Sugarlips
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Sidd said:

US Inflation down. Chances of no rate hike are almost a given. Gold and Silver down, am i missing something?

The 'calm before the storm'  al la 1970s:

uk-economic-growth-1970s

Double dip recession hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

One trip to Home Bargains and all hell breaks loose.

Shops have been going this way for years, if it's not immigrants it's junkies.

Britain, England, the UK, has ceased to exist. This island is somewhere we are entitled to open a tax free brokerage account and invest in the FTSE. Nothing else.

The weak, the feeble, the stupid, the lazy, will fester in the mess they've created. Nobody with any sense is going to bother trying to use politics to save them. It's natural selection in action. 

The world is a big place. Our families are small and transport is relatively easy.

Treat what's left of England as the new people treat it, somewhere to blag free shit.

So why do people risk 'Life & Limb' to still come here, and when do the rest of us 'Jump ship'...or get one of these cut-price off Amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADEPTNA-Inflatable-Float-Water-Lounger/dp/B09YT3DZ31/ref=sr_1_11?crid=2BZJWUYT2KXAI&keywords=Inflatable+Dinghy+Boat+child&qid=1686672700&sprefix=inflatable+dinghy+boat+child%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-11

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Free shit. It is advertised to them on the internet as being a paradise of not needing to work. With the opportunity of working on the side to top it up too.

When the Government cannot afford the free shit things gets very interesting.

Escaping the UK in 2025, So where are we going 

0_1.thumb.png.11dd496e22f3c3b9a826dfb5c823bbd8.png

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Just been in Home Bargains  an African,looked like 3 Iranians or some other middle eastern lot together,two kids as well.The lass was paying for something at the till and one of the muzzers was slowly kicking a swimming pool along the floor,picked it up and walked out.I told the lass on the till and said they are with her.Lass saying i not know them,i said yes you do they are with you.Store staff followed her out.They are invading us for bennies and thieving anything they can,utter scum.I have to walk away i get that angry il end up locked up putting some of them away.Its incredible how we are being invaded and destroyed while the government do nothing.Can only be a matter of time before we get real right wing parties.

I agree that it's only a matter of time before we get real right wing parties. 

Actually It's why I recently posted a link to a film I personally have only recently became aware of - 'Look Who's Back'. It's a German black comedy, ok I know that doesn't sound entertaining, but it is and actually is very thought provoking. Thing is it is often said by historians  that if Hitler could happen in Germany, such a political phenomena could happen anywhere.

For example story features scenes of the Hitler character (including moustache etc!) talking to modern day ordinary Germans in the street and the things the German public are prepared to say openly to camera - without their faces being disguised - is very illuminating. After all this is a country where Mein Kampf is banned. Moreover its a 2014 film so was made before the march of 1m immigrants into Germany. German voter sentiment must be even worse now. 

Anyway film can be easily found and is free to watch on YouTube. Warning it does have subtitles, but imo that doesn't detract in any way from this very clever film.

A clip from film...

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 6

Napoleon Dynamite

Do they allow Partial Transfers?

My work pension is an Aviva, with limited options and higher fees that elsewhere.  Every year or so I just transfer out to a SIPP, leaving a minimal amount in there.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

22 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Free shit. It is advertised to them on the internet as being a paradise of not needing to work. With the opportunity of working on the side to top it up too.

When the Government cannot afford the free shit things gets very interesting.

So the answer is to 'get out' now whilst you still can as a) at the moment it is a case of diminishing returns, and b) soon [as you imply] it will not be somewhere very nice!

belfastchild
1 hour ago, HousePriceMania said:

Belfast/Irish ?

they're British.....(lights fuse, stands well back)

You not bought a house yet?

• Lol 2

leonardratso
10 minutes ago, Napoleon Dynamite said:

Do they allow Partial Transfers?

My work pension is an Aviva, with limited options and higher fees that elsewhere.  Every year or so I just transfer out to a SIPP, leaving a minimal amount in there.

i will investigate. Sounds viable to me. Cheers.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Do people get their prescriptions filled online now?

I suppose over lockdowns many did shift to online, light and cheap to transport but wave goodbye to any new precription income from drop-ins.

I thought these pharmacies were supposed to provide a replacement service for the non-GP's.

belfastchild
1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

And delivered in some places as well, saw a pharmacy delivery van stopping off on my road a couple of times today.

Wonder does this news say more about sainsbury and asda than it does the pharmacy.

Did a visit a few years ago to a high tech pharmacy with a big robot. Deliveries get dumped on a chute, the scanner reads them and the robot arm puts them on shelves. Prescription comes in and robot arm dispenses them and pharmacist checks them and adds label and paper bag.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Yadda yadda yadda
1 minute ago, onlyme said:

I suppose over lockdowns many did shift to online, light and cheap to transport but wave goodbye to any new precription income from drop-ins.

I thought these pharmacies were supposed to provide a replacement service for the non-GP's.

If you want advice I suspect you would want to go to a proper pharmacy not a counter in Sainsbury's where everyone can hear that your syphilis won't clear up.

9 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I do mine on an app on my phone once a month. Comes in the post.

High blood pressure as a result of living in:

B O N G O   F U C K I N G   B O N G O

L A N D

Edited by Starsend
  • Lol 8
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

I cant see how the Tories survive as a party,they are finished,and then Labour will follow.What comes out of that who knows.

image.thumb.png.8899d7e4ea41609cdcee7b00a98de23e.png

Who knows indeed .. 

• Informative 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

Heart's Ease

Dave Hunter has said for years watch the sentiment indicators. Lots of money on the sidelines and FOMO will bring it into play.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Sugarlips said:

Just guessing here but Since the debt ceiling was cancelled/resolved BOA/JPM have a lot of freshly minted USD to keep the PM price rigging going. Also it’s widely discussed that the Fed are only “skipping” this meeting as opposed to a pause signaling there are still more rises in the pipe

PMs some times like to do one last dip before a big rise, it wouldn't surpise me if this move is just clearing out positions or giving the big boys a chance to exit.

IMO the talk of "skipping" is just talk IMO, once they pause on the basis of data it is hard to see them restarting hikes. 

(That might all be cope tho TBF)

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 1