DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

I eat loads of meat since i lowered my carbs,having a roast beef dinner tonight,but only very small portion of potatoes.I think all these things are simply to lower consumption because we wont be able to pay for the energy.The rich want to keep it whats left for themselves.I suspect they would love to lower the world population,but dont fancy a nuclear wasteland,so might go for mass starvation instead,and then tell you how lucky you are to have some pea protein to eat.

Well this is it, if they go for that option it'll be chaos and long term food stores might be more immediately valuable than stocks etc 

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Well this is it, if they go for that option it'll be chaos and long term food stores might be more immediately valuable than stocks etc 

Naah if it`s about anything it`s about the long game and Russia they are hugely dependant on fossil fuels for their income ,one of the if not the largest investors in the country outside of that sector was the automobile industry 

That game is well and truly fucked IMO as it was dependant on China not siding with them that's why the coof definitely didn`t come from China until it definitely did xD

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

One percent
10 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Sounds serious ,don`t shoot the messenger i have not got a clue what it`s all about other than impeachment 

Link to the tweet for those interested in the link provided therr  https://twitter.com/thesiriusreport/status/1675891057844781060?s=20

image.png.0c0df940e6a204de89485ffe945e0ee4.png

Isn’t this why they indicted trump, so that they could set a precedent and then go after the corrupt ones.  

• Lol 1

4 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

image.png.85cf3adb267c9482f520fde3269da9c1.png

Germany continues to show a bit of (Miteleuropa) leg, one day it and Russia are bound to get it on!!     (...politically and economically I mean of course)

Long time lurking
3 minutes ago, JMD said:

Germany continues to show a bit of (Miteleuropa) leg, one day it and Russia are bound to get it on!!     (...politically and economically I mean of course)

You would hope so ,i think this winter could be the defining point ,which will point to that timeline ,it was obvious this time last year Europe was not going to Freeze ,yet it`s a very long way from that certainty this year ,but the markets seem to think the opposite so who knows 

You have to look at the situation objectively as well ,Germany & Europe are being blackmailed by both sides USA and the Ukraine ,as they still get a significant amount of gas and oil from Russia via pipe lines going through the Ukraine if that stops they are well and truly up the swanie 

• Agree 4

Long time lurking
29 minutes ago, One percent said:

Isn’t this why they indicted trump, so that they could set a precedent and then go after the corrupt ones.  

Fuck knows ,but the video of hunter driving at 175mph whilst smoking crack has not gone down well today xD

• Lol 7

1 hour ago, Loki said:

The trick is in getting long term stores that are palatable but not so much so that you are tempted to eat. Fortunately I overdid it with stewed steak and chicken in white sauce so my remaining stash is now pretty safe. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4

2 hours ago, Loki said:

You're not though are you

I get the theory, but if you look at the chart, you're catching a falling knife. It's not like an interest bearing account where the sooner you get in, the more interest you earn. Don't get me wrong, I think they're an OK buy... but I'll be waiting until the return is at least 150bps higher than here.

• Informative 2

leonardratso

its that fantastic moustache, all men dream of a curly upturned moustasche, it can get you far in life. even if its just painted on.

• Agree 2
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 2

2 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

Great listen but can probably be distilled into Sydney lending is now 13-14x salary 🤡 and this graph. This is fine!

985C7D15-9AEA-44CE-9F63-8AF526CF1992.jpeg

It's not looking good for Finland

• Lol 4

Long time lurking
59 minutes ago, RupertT said:

It's not looking good for Finland

It`s not looking good for the motor industry either ,i`m going to have to take Mr tebibits advice and get on me bike ( well it will be a van conversion) as the Steel industry is already showing signs of despair 

image.png.9f9cd39bd6e5a7674b196bbf152364ce.png

Yadda yadda yadda
On 01/07/2023 at 18:43, onlyme said:

There seems to be a staggering difference betwen UK and the US for some staples.  Various reports back from there on the ground have some eye popping prices like a head of lettuce for $4, ok organic one maybe but not exactly much difference organic/non organic for that type of produce woudld have thought. If we ever equalise to their pricing there is another inflation shock in the pipeline - especially if the WEFfers manage to shut down significant proportions of the production capacity  in the likes of Holland who alone must pull down produce prices across Europe significantly. Spain have low inflation at the moment, maybe their local food production without significant energy inputs is key to that. Just cannot fathom the US though.

Just back from Spain. Prices seemed similar to a year ago. 3 euros for a large beer.  Although they couldn't be bothered to work out the prices properly. When the boss charged for 12 beers it was 36 euros. The next day the same order from a different member of staff was 30 euros. Somewhere else two of them had to look at the table, have a bit of a chat and then charge 12.50 for a large beer, a small beer and three ice creams.

Food prices seemed similar to a year ago and we spent roughly the same.

Edited by Yadda yadda yadda
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1