DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Post your one million pound house here

One percent

16 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Jeez….thats an eye opener for me. 

I think many westerners would assume that houses in the third world are £2000 to buy and everyone lives on one bowl of rice. I appreciate this isn’t third world but many would assume any east of Ukraine is just shanty towns and buckets for toilets  

Much of the East has quietly improved and their middle classes are growing…..we won’t be able to get our consumables made in factories @ 10p an hour for much longer.

You have no idea mate!

20 years outside the UK, and I can promise you the really big money exists outside the UK. Sure inequality is huge in Asia and some people still work for peanuts (relative to the UK) , but the amount of wealth, generated from real businesses, is off the charts, and continuing to grow. The same work ethic/ aspiration just does not exist in the UK anymore

I agree, during my childhood  a perception, which will be forcibly changed in the near future, was that east of Europe was just poor people.

Edited by desertorchid
  • Agree 6
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, desertorchid said:

You have no idea mate!

20 years outside the UK, and I can promise you the really big money exists outside the UK. Sure inequality is huge in Asia and some people still work for peanuts (relative to the UK) , but the amount of wealth, generated from real businesses, is off the charts, and continuing to grow. The same work ethic/ aspiration just does not exist in the UK anymore

I agree, during my childhood  a perception, which will be forcibly changed in the near future, was that east of Europe was just poor people.

I lay that at the door or successive governments who have basically exploited ordinary people and business who have just looked for the cheapest denominator and then exploited people. Meanwhile, government takes a huge chunk of the fruits of your labour and gives it to the feckless. 

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

Closest one to me in north Norwich but at offers in excess of £795,000. Not even detached. Not too keen on the narrow driveway to the right which could be shared with next door.

St. Clements Hill, NR3

There are £1m in Norwich but they are to the west of the city and I'll be buggered if I move back out that way again.

Screenshot 2023-12-16 181803.png

Edited by UmBongo
last paragraph
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, gibbon said:

Bristol. Seen terraced houses going for £1m all over the place.

Yep. Step brother has one. Well north of that i believe.

Not bad on a teacher's salary.

58 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Just as a little reminder of how we have been reamed by the banks for years in the UK. Heres my £218,000 pick.

I showed this to the old man yesterday and he nearly spat.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/140590007?currencyCode=GBP#/media?channel=OVERSEAS&id=media1&ref=photoCollage

They've stolen my decor :PissedOff:

Screenshot_20231223-102815~2.png

• Agree 1

I see a massive variance in prices near me….i am in the Golden Triangle in Yorkshire (Ilkley, Harrogate, York and North Leeds).

Harrogate is a great example where £1m could normally buy something fab….or something that just been blinged up and wait for a professional from London to snap it up. 

I will let you decide which this is….3 bed terrace but I see it’s ’farrow And balled, with a log burner’…...so I guess it’s worth an extra £650k more than someone might normally pay 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/129016703#/?channel=RES_BUY