DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Post your one million pound house here

One percent

Just now, One percent said:

Weird layout. It’s as if it’s been added to incrementally. 

Yes. And it has zero curb appeal (hence no front shot). But it is a great location, and more importantly likely to stay there.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

If over budget is allowed I'll put up this £1.4m inner terrace, would be nice for someone who likes to be near the tourists @One percent

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/138591428#/?channel=RES_BUY

spacer.png

Pokey kitchen and then you have the football changing room for some reason. Then the wankpanzers parked where your front garden should be.  I bet the neighbours are insufferable white settlers too.  

• Lol 1

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

Pokey kitchen and then you have the football changing room for some reason. Then the wankpanzers parked where your front garden should be.  I bet the neighbours are insufferable white settlers too.  

handy for watching the baby fast jet pilots go through their paces out of RAF Valley as well 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I'd better do one within budget. £895k for a 3 bed 2 bath flat in a block of 14.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/139415282#/?channel=RES_BUYspacer.png

Talk about delusional, this has been reduced from near a million.  The epitome of white settler bait

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/142558028#/?channel=RES_BUY

• Vomit 1

32 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Yes. And it has zero curb appeal (hence no front shot). But it is a great location, and more importantly likely to stay there.

neighbours trees provide plenty of shade

12 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Faces directly south. Very little shade at any time i would think.

faces SSE with heavy shading from the West

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The heating bills will be a little on the high side...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/141344144#/?channel=RES_BUY

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 08.27.22.png

I run past that house on a regular basis and will be doing so in about an hour - on a sunny day it looks lovely, but on a cold wet winter day I imagine that the heating bill would be enough to frighten me into an early grave.

The woman who lives their spends a lot of time in Australia over our winter, and her husband seems to spend most of the summer cutting the grass.

It has a small lake, several fields and a decent sized wood, it's a fantastic looking place but you would need very deep pockets to live comfortably in it.

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy
11 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

I run past that house on a regular basis and will be doing so in about an hour - on a sunny day it looks lovely, but on a cold wet winter day I imagine that the heating bill would be enough to frighten me into an early grave.

The woman who lives their spends a lot of time in Australia over our winter, and her husband seems to spend most of the summer cutting the grass.

It has a small lake, several fields and a decent sized wood, it's a fantastic looking place but you would need very deep pockets to live comfortably in it.

Reminded me of a scene from a Bourne film, where in their HQ they scramble everybody because they have picked up where he is going to be. Keep a look out today. They will be pretending to be workmen etc.

• Lol 2

53 minutes ago, RickyBacker said:

Is this thread only for houses in the UK?

I live in Taiwan and the housing bubble is insane over here. This is just with a quick search in the city I live in (not Taipei).
Not quite a million pounds... 930,000 pounds...
Again, I didn't even look for a specifically bad one. 

https://sale.591.com.tw/home/house/detail/2/14725828.html

image.thumb.png.492e15cf09b820faad3a8d1e78393358.png

Same as Hong Kong.

558 square feet. A flat somewhere in this tower block. A million large ones

https://www.28hse.com/en/buy/residential/property-2854036

image.png

Edited by desertorchid
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

Same as Hong Kong.

558 square feet. A flat somewhere in this tower block. A million large ones

https://www.28hse.com/en/buy/residential/property-2854036

image.png

somewhat different in HK - most Hkers cannot leave, land for building is tightly controlled so prices have been forced up, mainland chinese used it for decades to get money out of the mainland, etc etc.  

Getting 1 30 year mortgage for a million quid is a rational choice for many Hkers; crazxy for us to see, I know, but it's a very strange economic position for humans to be born into.

5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

somewhat different in HK - most Hkers cannot leave, land for building is tightly controlled so prices have been forced up, mainland chinese used it for decades to get money out of the mainland, etc etc.  

Getting 1 30 year mortgage for a million quid is a rational choice for many Hkers; crazxy for us to see, I know, but it's a very strange economic position for humans to be born into.

What is even stranger is how 50% of people live in government flats, and these are integrated into private estates. So much so that the newest ones can be barely differentiated from the million dollar properties. So someone may live is a government flat for free, with sea view, and someone may live in a flat 100 ft away, maybe 20% bigger, facing a wall for a million quid. complete nuts.

The waiting list is long, but with tight immigration law and a commitment to house the population, it works

Edited by desertorchid
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RickyBacker said:

Is this thread only for houses in the UK?

I live in Taiwan and the housing bubble is insane over here. This is just with a quick search in the city I live in (not Taipei).
Not quite a million pounds... 930,000 pounds...
Again, I didn't even look for a specifically bad one. 

https://sale.591.com.tw/home/house/detail/2/14725828.html

image.thumb.png.492e15cf09b820faad3a8d1e78393358.png

Jeez….thats an eye opener for me. 

I think many westerners would assume that houses in the third world are £2000 to buy and everyone lives on one bowl of rice. I appreciate this isn’t third world but many would assume any east of Ukraine is just shanty towns and buckets for toilets  

Much of the East has quietly improved and their middle classes are growing…..we won’t be able to get our consumables made in factories @ 10p an hour for much longer.

Labour, energy and commods have been almost free for decades and we squandered that (nod to @Cattle Prod) and the globe is changing. 

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

What is even stranger is how 50% of people live in government flats, and these are integrated into private estates. So much so that the newest ones can be barely differentiated from the million dollar properties. So someone may live is a government flat for free, with sea view, and someone may live in a flat 100 ft away, maybe 20% bigger, facing a wall for a million quid. complete nuts.

The waiting list is long, but with tight immigration law and a commitment to house the population, it works

but the Hker's are money focused.  Having a property, especially when prices are rising, means that even with a mortgage you have an asset you can borrow against for investments, business setup, etc.  The public housing neighbour can't do that.

It's fucked up, but I don't blame any Hker for going balls in.

• Agree 1