DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

4 hours ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

The wife of one of the Romanians at work needs an operation. So highly do they think of the sainted NHS that she is going back to Romania for a couple of months for the operation and rehabilitation.

If like Germany the rehab can be far better (e.g. exists!).  My partner stayed at a spa to recover, all covered by insurance!

• Informative 1

I trust everyone is close to finalising things for the end of the tax year and can look back on an efficient year with savings ready to donate to good causes.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

MithrilVest
On 26/03/2024 at 07:42, M S E Refugee said:

I won't post any more of these updates but the DOCTOR has just withdrawn another 4007kg of Silver from Zurich.

On 26/03/2024 at 09:23, Noallegiance said:

Who is this person?

I didn't really want to talk about it publicly, but it's me, I'm cashing in my PMs to buy Furnished Holiday Lets in Whitby having scanned a number of other threads for investment strategies. Really hoping such luminaries as One Percent and Spygirl support this latest business venture.

• Lol 10
  • Cheers 1

One percent
12 minutes ago, MithrilVest said:

I didn't really want to talk about it publicly, but it's me, I'm cashing in my PMs to buy Furnished Holiday Lets in Whitby having scanned a number of other threads for investment strategies. Really hoping such luminaries as One Percent and Spygirl support this latest business venture.

Fill yer boots, looks like they are all trying to get out, a massive uptick of fhl on rightmove this week.  Rumour is that bookings are well down.  

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

leonardratso
19 minutes ago, One percent said:

Fill yer boots, looks like they are all trying to get out, a massive uptick of fhl on rightmove this week.  Rumour is that bookings are well down.  

yeah ive been buying double page adverts in the papers telling people that a holiday in whitby may end with a run in with one percent. Looks like its worked. Now i will swoop in and buy all those fhls for my out of the way indoor plant cultivation project. Local electricians and bacofoil suppliers/hoarders should get in touch for work/sales.

• Lol 5

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Same shit being promised ,different country 

#Bread&Circuses 

$400b

1.18% of the current national debt of $34tr.

Lord knows what it will be in a decade.

These people are cunts.

#Bread&Circuses 

$400b

These people are cunts.

#Bread&Circuses 

$400b

These people are cunts.

#Bread&Circuses 

$400b

These people are cunts.

#Bread&Circuses 

$400b

These people are cunts.

• Agree 1

Noallegiance

#Bread&Circuses 

$400b

These people are cunts

#Bread&Circuses 

$400b

These people are cunts

Ash4781b
12 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Let's all make our surprised face. Some of the examples from the article are jaw dropping. 

"One council, Buckinghamshire, said it was paying £952 per day for "two complex medical passengers" to travel by ambulance with a nurse.

Other examples include a £684 per day trip in Trafford and £650 for a trip three times a week for a child in Lincolnshire.

Mr Oliver, who is also the Conservative leader of Surrey County Council, said his own local authority's budget for home-to-school transport was overspent by £10m."

Demand from parents has increased by 40% since 2019. Costs have doubled to 1.5 billion. That's right, this country now spends 1.5 billion ferrying "special needs" kids to school in taxis. Some of this will be immigration linked: disabled children being born to Pakistani cousin marriage etc, but most of it is DB's benefits thesis is playing out in all kinds of weird ways as people just take the piss.

Imagine if you'd told someone any of this 30 years ago, they'd think you were mad.

Screenshot_20240327-061358~2.png

Dunno. Depends where one is in relation to special school places either in mainstream or dedicated special school setting. I know someone and their nearest school for their child needs is 30 miles away. But their child does have severe needs. There was a debate about medical advances, women having children older, and benefits chasers. It all gets mashed into one though. From memory it was centred around massive growth in ASD. Still there are kids who genuinely in wheelchairs , deaf and blind fed through tubes in neck, etc. 

• Agree 1

23rdian
11 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

The "Would you pay more tax for the NHS" question displays how full of shit 95% of the population is better than anything else.

Anyone who so desires can make a donation to HMRC. So the obvious question for that 50% is WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU ALREADY PAYING EXTRA TAX VOLUNTARILY??? 

The answer, of course, is because they don't mean a word of it.

50pc of people asked will probably have no dog in the fight. i e. Are not paying anything towards it. 

I would include me in that category these days.

• Agree 2

DurhamBorn
24 minutes ago, One percent said:

The biggest financial mistake i ever made was going to an auction when i was 27ish to buy a house in Robin Hoods Bay,but backed out at the last minute.It went for £62k,i had £30k plus the mortgage for it.The only reason i did not buy it was because i had just bought my house i live in now and decided i didnt want to risk it and i did not want to sell any shares if i lost my job etc.£400k that house now and 26 years of renting it out and using it myself.I would of likely sold it by now of course but still.No wonder these places lost all the locals.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 1

SpectrumFX
3 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Dunno. Depends where one is in relation to special school places either in mainstream or dedicated special school setting. I know someone and their nearest school for their child needs is 30 miles away. But their child does have severe needs. There was a debate about medical advances, women having children older, and benefits chasers. It all gets mashed into one though. From memory it was centred around massive growth in ASD. Still there are kids who genuinely in wheelchairs , deaf and blind fed through tubes in neck, etc. 

Would it not make more sense for people with special needs to move closer to the schools to service those needs, rather than to pay a fortune to ferry the kids back and forth everyday?

If I was paying myself I'd move house rather than pay through the nose to get a taxi everyday.

• Agree 4

DurhamBorn
1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Would it not make more sense for people with special needs to move closer to the schools to service those needs, rather than to pay a fortune to ferry the kids back and forth everyday?

If I was paying myself I'd move house rather than pay through the nose to get a taxi everyday.

They dont pay,council tax payers on low wages and in shit rentals pay for them.It why the social care precept was added etc.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2
  • Vomit 1

One percent
1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

They dont pay,council tax payers on low wages and in shit rentals pay for them.It why the social care precept was added etc.

Im sure the wording on my council tax bill is, adult social care. This must be coming out of a different pot. I also distinctly remember the arguments when it was first proposed and they said that the new precept would enable us all to be looked after when in our dotage. Im not sure they mentioned big fat Africans doing the looking after.  

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

Chewing Grass
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Im sure the wording on my council tax bill is, adult social care. This must be coming out of a different pot. I also distinctly remember the arguments when it was first proposed and they said that the new precept would enable us all to be looked after when in our dotage. Im not sure they mentioned big fat Africans doing the looking after.  

Don't worry, just like the MIL, as soon as you need 'social care' and the council is footing a £750 per week contribution you get hooked up to a morphine pump. MIL got 6 weeks worth in the end.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Bogged 1

Chewing Grass
20 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Iv mentioned one of the stories of the cycle will be how we share assets more,houses,cars,then more and more things.Looks like its starting.Of course it will mean a lot less tax for government over time as welfare spending continues to devour workers living standards.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/war-on-drivers-heralds-death-of-two-car-household/

Decided increase in cunts on electric scooters at 6:00AM in the morning, clad in all black usually and dgaf so probably migrants, saw zero at such an early hour last year now see about 3 every day in my way into work.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 3
  • Bogged 1

Mandalorian
40 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

$400b

These people are cunts.

$400b

These people are cunts.

$400b

These people are cunts.

$400b

These people are cunts.

$400b

These people are cunts.

I think you're trying to say something here but I'm no sure what.  Maybe you could say it again.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

For a large part of Hampshire the "local" school for kids with a physical disability, but who are not mentally challenged is in Winchester.

Try finding a place to live anywhere near Winchester with sufficient ground floor space for a kid who can't climb stairs for less than 7 figures.

• Informative 2

Ash4781b
13 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Decided increase in cunts on electric scooters at 6:00AM in the morning, clad in all black usually and dgaf so probably migrants, saw zero at such an early hour last year now see about 3 every day in my way into work.

Do they have a Fresh off the boats look? 

ashestoashes
2 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Has this been posted ?

Don't panic whatever you do.

what about the risks to UK consumers from PE ?

• Agree 2

Jesus Wept
54 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

The biggest financial mistake i ever made was going to an auction when i was 27ish to buy a house in Robin Hoods Bay,but backed out at the last minute.It went for £62k,i had £30k plus the mortgage for it.The only reason i did not buy it was because i had just bought my house i live in now and decided i didnt want to risk it and i did not want to sell any shares if i lost my job etc.£400k that house now and 26 years of renting it out and using it myself.I would of likely sold it by now of course but still.No wonder these places lost all the locals.

£60k to £400k since 1997. 

700% return. Plus a rental yield of £17k a year. 

That’s about right - especially in Robin Hoods Bay.

Those opportunities never to be seen again? 

Biggest financial mistake? I am not so sure …. I hear they have limited Thai masseuses down in boggle hole…..

PS - think of the return you have got on BATs since….

Edited by Jesus Wept
  • Agree 2

Chewing Grass
10 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Has this been posted ?

Don't panic whatever you do.

The Yankee Bastard Company I work for has been sold to Jewish Banker Private Equity.

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Informative 3

Chewing Grass
17 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Do they have a Fresh off the boats look? 

Excessively black complexions, something not really seen up North as the long term residents from sun burnt climbs fade rapidly after a few winters of gloom.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2