DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

If this commod run follows through its a disaster for the west.Its pretty much the world saying we dont want your Fiat anymore.2nd run of inflation before they even manage to cut rates.Western government handouts from monetised debts are being called out for what they are,theft from workers,both our workers and EM workers.The elites wanted to keep their grouse moors by giving the workers savings to the bennies and government retired.What will they do now?.

The CME Fed Tool has a May hold 525/550 at 94.5%, now a hold in June has gone slight favourite for the first time at 51.2%. That was only 26.6% a month ago.

https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/interest-rates/cme-fedwatch-tool.html

• Informative 3

Libspero
3 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Where is CGNAO when you need him?

"Protect yourself.  100% guaranteed."

Doesn’t work without the obligatory mushroom cloud ;)

• Agree 1

Sasquatch
4 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

I think I've said before - I bought Silver Elephant because people like elephants. When they like silver and elephants at the same time I'll be a genius and write a best-selling pamphlet about commodity stock investing.

I bought some Silver Turd Inc last year.

Went down the pan.

I'll get me coat...

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, JMD said:

You mention the industrial revolution - and I'd perhaps add the rennaisance....

Funny you should mention that as McGilchrist used it as an example of one of society's periodic moves from the left to the right hemisphere.  If I recall correctly, he was somewhat hopeful we're approaching such a turning.

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jesus Wept said:

After selling all my Rolls Royce a month ago I have also liquidated a large holding of Verizon (a negligible increase - if one includes dividends* since buying a while ago) today - and got further into Sibanye.

* a shout out to @Mandalorian 🍻 

Sibanye up 40% since the low a month ago but a lot more to come on this one I think. 

Platinum and Palladium (not only Silver and Gold) are on a tear too now. I can’t think of a better stock than Sibanye to leverage them. 

I am tempted to sell my physical etf silver and immediately put it into Sibanye for the leverage. Both at the bottom of the long term trend channel.

Any thoughts?

Been studying Macrotrends for Pt and Pd today. 

Palladium Pd

IMG_1431.thumb.jpeg.adaa51a5d0d9940514c51c0cfa33e31d.jpeg

Platinum Pt

IMG_1432.thumb.jpeg.7cd996efd5d7d3810c35342947371377.jpeg

Ones to watch…. Today

IMG_1433.thumb.jpeg.bc4a0e53bef585668245fc9c63ca7113.jpeg

Been buggers to trade.  We're now in Platinum for the second time, the last one failing (or we did because we should have held!).  Up on a nibble but not sure about the risk:reward.  Also not clear about palladium.  Either no signal or the trading volumes are too thin.

Edited by Harley
  • Cheers 2

CannonFodder

Call me superstitious but I will never never ever  buy a silver company with the name of an animal in it.

It's a 3 second naming activity on the company registration form, write the word silver and an animal of your choice, no consideration, no attention to detail by the founder. Just pick an animal, any animal. 

Anyone who names the company after themselves or something  novel or a place they grew up is putting more thought into it.

There is an entire zoo of silver eagles, tigers, bear, panthers, honey badgers, fish, elephants but there never seems to be ever a major gold miner called after an animal, they don't make it big

Just my  two cent. Concentrate on digging holes in the ground, not painting the logo of a big cat on your 4x4 funded by investor rights issues as you jolly about the range.

Happy to be proved wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 6

Lightscribe
15 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Call me superstitious but I will never never ever  buy a silver company with the name of an animal in it.

It's a 3 second naming activity on the company registration form, write the word silver and an animal of your choice, no consideration, no attention to detail by the founder. Just pick an animal, any animal. 

Anyone who names the company after themselves or something  novel or a place they grew up is putting more thought into it.

There is an entire zoo of silver eagles, tigers, bear, panthers, honey badgers, fish, elephants but there never seems to be ever a major gold miner called after an animal, they don't make it big

Just my  two cent. Concentrate on digging holes in the ground, not painting the logo of a big cat on your 4x4 funded by investor rights issues as you jolly about the range.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Sacrilege!!! Heresy smiting the Panther legacy. NGMI. You have no faith in the power of memes. 

If we have a Great Silver Pepe Exploration company I’m all in.

IMG_6504.thumb.jpeg.335cd66666f598635a1108f686c4de7b.jpeg

• Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 2
  • Lol 7

14 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

All these stories of getting rid of waste are a homage to the great escape….

I thought I had posted my brilliantly executed (almost great escape like) disposal of rubble but I can’t see it so maybe I didn’t press enter.

Anyhoo….i often used neighbours wheelie bins for half bags of rubble since the council started charge…2/3 neighbours also used mine.

My actual old lady neighbour forgot to put her bins out so I took them out and put some dusty rubble bags into it. It burst, not great but no major issue.

In the morning I saw the old dear outside pulling out my bag, dust and all. So I ran out to apologise…I hadn’t her permission and rubble ‘technically isn’t permitted.😉

Yep, apparently it wasn’t her rubbish but a spare bin full of her hoarding (she was a hoarder) and now her stuff was all covered in my soot and dust and rubble.

She was so apologetic for hoarding….i literally had to insist it was my bad. She still chuckles when I mention it now, no hard feelings. The context of course is we help her a lot with other things eg broken walls, bins, odd tip run, cut hedge…so we were never going to fall out…but I am very wary when sticking my shit into someone else’s bin now.

The great escape…this was not 😂😂

Edited by Pip321
  • Lol 4

CannonFodder
46 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Sacrilege!!! Heresy smiting the Panther legacy. NGMI. You have no faith in the power of memes. 

If we have a Great Silver Pepe Exploration company I’m all in.

IMG_6504.thumb.jpeg.335cd66666f598635a1108f686c4de7b.jpeg

I could make an exception for LSE:PEPE

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 1

roundhouse
13 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I know of someone who gets rid of asbestos in domestic/business bins. Puts small amounts in black bags and just dumps bits here and there as he's driving around. Got rid of tonnes over the years.

And no, "someone" isn't a euphemism for me 🤨😂

Report them. No one should have asbestosis forced on them by that selfish moron.

• Agree 3

Don Coglione
On 07/04/2024 at 21:13, leonardratso said:

ive managed to get rid of a fridge, a double bed including mattress and a single bed including mattress via the normal bin, obviouslyhad to cut them up and disguise them over several bin cycles every 2 weeks. But its fine, cutting them up is good exercise for me, especially the springs in the mattresses, doesnt half give you hand ache.

PS. have used some of the neighbours underutilized bins as well to help out (bin out to help out as rishi would say).

Why the fuck would you bother?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Just now, Don Coglione said:

"Because it's there"

-George Mallory 

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 6

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I put my roof in the bin.

I had an extension built and the builder couldn't get new tiles to match the old ones, so a whole side of the roof was new tiles, meaning I had a few hundred concrete roof tiles.  I couldn't find anyone to buy them and the tip started charging for disposing of rubble/hardcore.

They went in the wheely bin, two or three a fortnight over a period of several months.  Immediately after I had got rid of them a neighbour asked if I had any spare.

Yup it all goes in the rubbish. No funding the council for me or family to take them away.

I’ve spent whole days sawing up sofas and mattresses. It’s quite surprising really as you get to see the build quality.

Basically all Amazon/Ebay mattresses aren’t what they say they are, silent night etc are. DFS sofas are well built, not like the shit others are.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 7

Lightscribe
17 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

Because some of us don’t want to fund public sector shit that is the problem.

• Agree 10
  • Lol 1

leonardratso

its a bit of exercise for me,plus as said its not paying the fucking council to landfill it and then paying them again with council tax to landfill it.

• Agree 6
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 3

jamtomorrow
8 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Report them. No one should have asbestosis forced on them by that selfish moron.

Everyone round here knows somebody that died of mesothelioma from their time working at Litchurch Lane. There would be a queue a mile long for the opportunity to "discuss" the matter with this fucker.

A little bit of "community guidance" can go a long way.

• Agree 5

Lightscribe

What’s worked for these last couple of decades will always work. It’s like Bricks and Mortar, just stick it in a passive 60/40 innit.

IMG_6505.png.de31a8c3887a3dd2f8e03526df4fcbd2.png

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2