DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

spygirl
17 hours ago, spygirl said:

Well, doh .....

JPMorgan Chase chief executive Jamie Dimon has warned that US inflation and interest rates could remain higher than markets expect because of high government spending.

Ditto UK.

Raising IR to take money out of the economy ,mainly via mortgage cost, is dead.

If CBs want to take money out ofthe economy then they need to slash benefits spend.

UK retail sales growth picks up as price pressures ease

Data from British Retail Consortium points to signs of recovery for sector ahead of warmer months
  • Lol 3

Castlevania
28 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

What’s worked for these last couple of decades will always work. It’s like Bricks and Mortar, just stick it in a passive 60/40 innit.

IMG_6505.png.de31a8c3887a3dd2f8e03526df4fcbd2.png

So £100,000 invested in the S&P from 1972 would have a nominal value of £90,000 about 8 years later in 1980.

Inflation over those 8 years in UK 13.5% a year cause it’s purchasing powers to fall by about 70% due to RPI.

IMG_1443.thumb.jpeg.9b5c8429161406d7e1616d8eb46a1648.jpeg

Its purchasing power would have lost 70% or so - is that correct - fuck ! ? 

So the original £100,000 invested is now worth the equivalent of 35-40k.

If this happens again cash value will be wiped out.

This is stark when seen like this. 

In real terms Dave Hunter will be right ! 

Could someone confirm my maths - just looking at rough numbers. 

You’d have received dividends and by the end of the decade the dividend yields would have been high.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 3

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

UK retail sales growth picks up as price pressures ease

Data from British Retail Consortium points to signs of recovery for sector ahead of warmer months

xDxDxD

paging @MrXxxx

anyone moving in @Pip321 ?...hoping for 'em to do what 'NEXT' did back in the 90's:P

super.jpg.bf3c9efd9fee5fac095ac1f7068ead71.jpg

NEXT.jpg

Edited by Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

spygirl
1 minute ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

xDxDxD

paging @MrXxxx

anyone moving in @Pip321 ?...hoping for 'em to do what 'NEXT' did back in the 90's:P

NEXT.jpg

Superdry is horrid n useless.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

Lightscribe

I know @Democorruptcy has been waiting on tenterhooks for this moment. He gets over excited on my FRES holdings bless him.

But… I’m back in the blue! Yay (I know he’ll be pleased)

734343973.263322public.thumb.jpeg.5bd496d8ec92008a9e891c7c8976be71.jpeg

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 8

Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I know @Democorruptcy has been waiting on tenterhooks for this moment. He gets over excited on my FRES holdings bless him.

But… I’m back in the blue! Yay (I know he’ll be pleased)

734343973.263322public.thumb.jpeg.5bd496d8ec92008a9e891c7c8976be71.jpeg

spacer.png

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

xDxDxD

paging @MrXxxx

NEXT.jpg

You might want to read this before going near Superdry.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcement/eqs/superdry--sdry/superdry-plc-response-to-announcement-by-ju-/8113400

Barring some miracle there are only 2 realistic outcomes that follow from that RNS for Superdry.

1. Julian Dunkerton dilutes existing shareholders in a blizzard of confetti issuance to himself and shareholders end up owning an infinitesimal amount of a private company.

2. Julian Dunkerton buys the assets from the administrator in a pre-pack and shareholders are wiped out.

There are at least 2 problems with (1). Firstly shareholders have to vote for their own death sentence. They may well vote against in which case they go down route 2 anyway. Secondly with route 1 Superdry can't get rid of various liabilities, like leases on loss making stores, whereas they can with 2.

There is really no option. I expect a pre-pack and shareholder wipe out. The only sensible position is to short Superdry. Nothing is certain in life, but its as close to free money as you'll find. Needless to say I'm short here.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 5

Kuppy: https://pracap.com/on-playing-gold

AMRK up 19% yesterday, the date of the article.  Makes any suggestion possibly pointless for now!

PS:  Too much low information noise so just unsubscribed from loads, including these.

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 3
  • Lol 3

DurhamBorn
4 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I knew that name rang a bell for some reason. I came across it last year, they have a potentially big project in Peru. The guy was saying there's 35 billion in the ground if it goes to 100 dollar.

Basically he said it's either going to the moon or to the depths of hell. 

Fuck it, I'm in. Let's let this bitch ride, and the chops fall they may.

Dosbodders in 6 months depending on how this goes.

Screenshot_20240409-095350~2.png

I think its got the biggest multi bag potential in the entire space ie 10 bag to 30 bag BUT very very likely to end up worthless.I see it as 3 months BAT divis im prepared to see go to zero.Its also very tricky to buy,your orders just get refused,so in a collapse likely you cant even get out with an 80% loss etc.To get out we will likely need a huge silver miner bull and even then we will be scalped on spreads etc.The only hope for it is its huge silver prospect does not get binned,silver goes to the moon,they get spades in the ground and everyone starts to value it at x amount of reserves on a mine that might be built in 4 years,or might not.The likely result is they go bust and someone else buys the prospect,or streamers end up with all the equity.It makes The Mighty Panther look like a blue chip :D

• Informative 1
  • Lol 7
  • Cheers 2

ThoughtCriminal

So Bear Creeks market cap is now up to 86 million dollars, so with 350 million Oz in the ground that gives them 10.5 billion at 30 dollar silver price and 35 billion if we hit the fabled 100 dollar mark.

@sancho panza Am I being a simplistic spaz here or do we need your voodoo? 😂

• Lol 1

DurhamBorn
1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

So Bear Creeks market cap is now up to 86 million dollars, so with 350 million Oz in the ground that gives them 10.5 billion at 30 dollar silver price and 35 billion if we hit the fabled 100 dollar mark.

@sancho panza Am I being a simplistic spaz here or do we need your voodoo? 😂

I would expect the market in a silver bubble to value companies at about 10% of resources .So if we take $50 silver i would expect them to 17 bag,of course that would be with the mine built and running,they could announce next week they are not building it.At $100 silver IF the mine was built i would think a 30+ bag.However the most likely event is they go to nothing.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Democorruptcy
30 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Bennies and public sector pensions are up 19% in 13 months,and a million migrants ,of course retail sales are up.Is UK oil,energy,metal,commods production up the same or more?.Retail wont show up the systemic collapse,they will go last,once the wealth transfer from workers saved labour and earnings to bennies and retired public sector ends.So far those bennies and public sector have spent over 30% of the entire private sectors lifetime savings.They monetised a third of it already over around 11 years (but the damage breaking though dis-inflation in the last 4 years).At the moment i think they are taking around 6% to 7% of  earnings and savings from the private sector every year,compounding of course.

Bennies and retired coppers saw a 40%+ increase in living standards compared to a private sector workers lifetime pension savings in 3 years .Nothing in the media.

A bit about council fat cats today

spacer.png

• Agree 3
  • Bogged 1
  • Vomit 9
  • Cheers 1

goldbug9999
On 07/04/2024 at 18:02, Pip321 said:

Yep, fat, meat, milk, oats, berries, fruit and veg.

Eggs - another supposedly "unhealthy" food.

• Agree 9
  • Cheers 1

ThoughtCriminal
11 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Report them. No one should have asbestosis forced on them by that selfish moron.

No way of proving it. The HSE and environment agency don't even have the staff to investigate huge, serious breaches these days, let alone a guy dumping bin bags randomly. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1