DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

DurhamBorn
4 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Sibanye has a bit of an ace up its sleeve with the gold oz it mines also as well as the uranium in the tailings that DB has referred to once they decide what they’re doing with it. 

Platinum could follow in the wake of the other PMs, but it is a smaller market so is more susceptible to Mr.Slammy.

Also Sibanye have already hedged 60% of their gold output below current spot apparently, not sure how accurate this is (comment posted below)

So it may take until later in the year or 2025 to see the shackles come off.

734273991.116682public.thumb.jpeg.458d8d2e32205c386a9262b59e2b8cdc.jpeg

They did hedge,but to cover the downside while still capturing most of the upside.They are making sure the gold brings in enough cash flow to keep the PGMs going until they run.They do it every cycle as do Harmony.If PGMs join in Sib will 5x

• Agree 1
  • Informative 6
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

All the painful lessons learned by workplace maimings and fatalities would have to be repeated though, as some of those creative solutions would be a deathtrap. Any serious undertaking has an accumulated body of institutional knowledge that can only be gained from accident investigations.

You mean like these experienced drill head guys. I guess they are at least all wearing hard hats, but how they go home each day with all their fingers intact surprises me!

• Cheers 3

DurhamBorn

The silver minnow i have been buying is Bear Creek Mining, i was going to add a few more today but i cannot get the buy orders in nobody will fill them even down to a couple of k so il make do with what i have.Its up a lot from my first buy anyway.

• Informative 9
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Harley said:

Ta.  His (large!) book "Master...." was delivered last week.  I just need to finish Sue Townsend first!

PS:  I was with him a while back.  An excellent time.  I'm also enjoying reading Unherd but not sure about the subs.

Tbh a few years back McGilchrist came across as a bit grumpy in many of his interviews and so I put his purchased book to the back of my book shelf and inadvertently forgot about it. However I see he has been appearing and discussing his work with John Cleese (who also worries about the social collapse risk) but maybe that collaboration has helped give McGilchrist a new lighter media persona?  ...I know I'm waffling, but gives me a cheeky excuse to ask - were you attending a function where Cleese was also present?

Edited by JMD
  • Informative 1

Lightscribe
12 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

The silver minnow i have been buying is Bear Creek Mining, i was going to add a few more today but i cannot get the buy orders in nobody will fill them even down to a couple of k so il make do with what i have.Its up a lot from my first buy anyway.

The mighty panther would be proud. 🥲 

• Love / Hugz 3
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

Majorpain
14 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

The mighty panther would be proud. 🥲 

image.png.13aa63b08f24bf6d9999403c4c4e791f.png

You've jinxed it now!  Not one to buy and hold.....  xD

• Lol 6

1 hour ago, RupertT said:

If I remember correctly that is technically illegal for UK public companies under the financial assistance provisions of the Companies Act (used to be s151, but I lost track of the section numbers after the 2006 Act came out :Old:)

Agree, technically...but I used simple language. Once a tax account and the legal team get onboard then it will happen. Not exactly in the way I describe but rather through other holding companies. 

That's why Donald Trump can pay $700 a year tax....because he has very little passing through his personal hands and accounts.

Everything he uses ie buildings, jets, debts, clothes, shoes, homes, meals out, meals in, heating, car, PAs, chauffeurs, computer, phone, hair salon, gym, lady friends.....none are his, they are owned by a company which he controls. 

• Cheers 1
  • Cringe 1

29 minutes ago, JMD said:

Tbh a few years back McGilchrist came across as a bit grumpy in many of his interviews and so I put his purchased book to the back of my book shelf and inadvertently forgot about it. However I see he has been appearing and discussing his work with John Cleese (who also worries about the social collapse risk) but maybe that collaboration has helped give McGilchrist a new lighter media persona?  ...I know I'm waffling, but gives me a cheeky excuse to ask - were you attending a function where Cleese was also present?

:ph34r:

Edited by Harley

leonardratso
3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

If this commod run follows through its a disaster for the west.Its pretty much the world saying we dont want your Fiat anymore.2nd run of inflation before they even manage to cut rates.Western government handouts from monetised debts are being called out for what they are,theft from workers,both our workers and EM workers.The elites wanted to keep their grouse moors by giving the workers savings to the bennies and government retired.What will they do now?.

maybe we could have elite shooting - commoners shooting the lord of the manor as he flaps around in a field.

• Agree 2
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 7

Mandalorian
4 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

Again the western brains can’t comprehend this. 

IMG_6482.thumb.jpeg.024c6021d46c6392fd7fdda2305775f6.jpeg

Gold has diverged from treasuries. No one wants US/EU treasuries. Inflation hasn’t been dealt with and China and India are calling the US’s bluff.

IMG_6397.thumb.jpeg.e5ef327bf99f45ede4e3158a9c309175.jpeg

As the world turns insular and international assets have proven to be able to be seized and previous contract laws broken, why would they?

Gold is a multi-polar globally agreed medium of value without politics involved. They are not protecting themselves with gold going up, they’re protecting themselves against devaluation of currencies.

https://nitter.poast.org/angeloinchina/status/1776981521423106386#m

IMG_6483.thumb.jpeg.f77be6a88e4e01c488fa50aa2f170d26.jpeg

Where is CGNAO when you need him?

"Protect yourself.  100% guaranteed."

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

56 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

What will they do now?

image.png.787aaefb15a12210efac491608349517.png

Edited by Harley
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Majorpain said:

image.png.13aa63b08f24bf6d9999403c4c4e791f.png

You've jinxed it now!  Not one to buy and hold.....  xD

My UFO Alien Metals is up 32.4 %  today:D  I only bought it because of its name and only a few hundred quid.  I know nothing about the company.  Maybe I should take the time to read about them:

https://www.alienmetals.uk/

I see they do iron ore, silver and platinum.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 6
  • Cheers 4

2 hours ago, JMD said:

You mean like these experienced drill head guys. I guess they are at least all wearing hard hats, but how they go home each day with all their fingers intact surprises me!

Just a dangerous game (regardless of the locals!). Me dad skipped a shift and an explosion took out the control room, killing a few.  Shook him up a bit and he was a long service hard one.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 4

3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

If this commod run follows through its a disaster for the west.Its pretty much the world saying we dont want your Fiat anymore.2nd run of inflation before they even manage to cut rates.Western government handouts from monetised debts are being called out for what they are,theft from workers,both our workers and EM workers.The elites wanted to keep their grouse moors by giving the workers savings to the bennies and government retired.What will they do now?.

Interesting viewpoint…given that Iran has not yet reacted and Israel saying that some troop pullout of gaza..maybe they agree with you about commodities..more diplomacy going on than I expected..just topsliced a bit of oil..just in case..yellen in China..be lucky..

Ash4781b
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

They’ve been talking up rate cuts. Imo No way Bailey at Bank of England can switch and raise rates from here. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1