DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time (Part 3)

spunko

King Penda
3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

You're right but you are talking about a different group.

That is illegals and temporary workers who want to save money to take or remit home.

The people, often native British, covered by EA and the asylum seekers granted refugee status are entitled to suitable accommodation funded by the LHA.

If there is no suitable accommodation then they will stay in hotel rooms, static caravans and B&Bs until some is found.

They have no reason to live ten to a room because they can just stay in EA indefinitely until the council finds them something suitable.

Which in most cases it won't because there isn't anything.

The outcome is that people will be staying in EA for years and the number in EA will just keep growing.

I'm not suggesting EA is a soft option, imagine bringing up your family in a hotel room, or growing up in one. And they are often moved frequently at short notice when the hotel wants its rooms back.

To a degree organisations like Shelter are responsible for this because they have cried wolf time and again with regard to housing, so that when we are now most definitely into a full blown housing crisis the general response is "Yeah yeah".

Well they seem cheerful enough all the kids one is adult wave to me mum is also known to wave enthusiastically thinking about it I’m not sure if any men live there. Next door works nights and said it’s very noisey 

• Agree 1

spygirl
9 minutes ago, One percent said:

I honestly think that it’s deliberate, that they (whoever they are) are doing this deliberately to crash the whole of the western world.  It was on the radio earlier that a European country is facing exactly the same housing crisis.  I think it might have been Spain but I wasn’t paying much attention.  

I dont.

I think its all a fuck up, wehre the pople in charge are making daft lefty assumptions.

Even in the 80s France as a loooong way now.

And ME n Africa had ~20% of its current population.

reformed nice guy
1 hour ago, Rare Bear said:

What do you mean transitioning? Surely you mean has transitioned?

It transitioned from the "is/am wealthy country" pronouns to "was wealthy".

Per capita it had the cock and balls removed years ago

• Lol 3

One percent
Just now, spygirl said:

I dont.

I think its all a fuck up, wehre the pople in charge are making daft lefty assumptions.

Even in the 80s France as a loooong way now.

And ME n Africa had ~20% of its current population.

Is anyone that incompetent?  Never mind that there isn’t one western nation not suffering this madness in very similar ways. 

King Penda
5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

You raise nraise the migrants earning hurdle til theres more balance in people/housing.

You get tens and house asylum seekers on remote islands whilst their case is examined.

You only accept asylum seekers who can cover their accomdation cost whilst their case is examined.

Again, the next 10y of elections in US, UK and Europe are going to be around migrants i.e. not letting them in, kicking them out.

The post WW2 asylum laws are going to be scrapped cos loads of scamming Muzzers n Albanians.

A lot of you are also forgetting that much of what they earn is sent back it’s actually expected.my Somali friend has just got married his wife is still that way in the war zone. He is expected to help surport her entire family not just her. He is starting to panic a bit has the shifts are getting fewer for us.he knows I don’t realy need to do many but he also knows I won’t sacrifice any to assist his predicament 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

spygirl
25 minutes ago, One percent said:

Is anyone that incompetent?  Never mind that there isn’t one western nation not suffering this madness in very similar ways. 

Weirdly, I've just been having n shave n shower listening to this -

The Great PFI Debt: an investigation into why schools are having to pay tens of thousands of pounds extra from their budgets for what they say are inflexible and over-priced PFI maintenance contracts.
Reporter Rob Cave hears how some schools are paying as much as a fifth of their entire school budget on cleaning and repair services while the headteachers and governors can’t afford to replace staff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001w71y

Quote from HT - I had a bug stack of paper for the contract and I was being pressured to sign it ....

Yes, pretty much the entiire public sector is incompetent.

Remember Labour bumped up school n LA salaries to match the private sector, to reflect tge large budgets they were dealing with.

• Agree 1
  • Vomit 1

spygirl

Just looking at US jibs.

Theres a  link to this 

Immigration helps explain US economic strength: Goldman

Immigrants get the job done

https://www.ft.com/content/96dc9516-22d4-42f1-834b-847a6ccc2b48#comments-anchorhttps://www.ft.com/content/96dc9516-22d4-42f1-834b-847a6ccc2b48#comments-anchor

Just econo wibble.

Theres an excellent  comment

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
https://www.ft.com/content/96dc9516-22d4-42f1-834b-847a6ccc2b48#comments-anchor

(Edited) GDP growth is a product of two key growth factors - population and productivity. So, it should be obvious to the meanest intelligence that GDP will grow with a population increase than without. However, the nation is not better off with a higher GDP (or per capita GDP) just the same as a firm is not better off just with higher revenues. If higher revenues require even higher costs, the firm/nation will be worse off. Addition to revenues must be value additive.

One needs to examine productivity which provides a crude measure of cost-benefit, and that evidence is quite disappointing (link1). Even if the businesses gain, the nation may still be worse off if immigrants consume more in social services that they create in value. Research at Wharton shows that immigration, skilled and unskilled together, has "a net positive effect on combined federal, state, and local budgets. But not all taxpayers benefit equally. In regions with large populations of less educated, low-income immigrants, native-born residents bear significant net costs due to immigrants’ use of public services, especially education. (link 2)" Also, "increasing legal immigration improves both the government’s fiscal balance and the economy on a per capita basis. Legalization policies, on the other hand, worsen the government’s fiscal balance due to increased spending, while having modest effects on the economy broadly." (link 3)

So, legally admitted 85K H1Bs each year create so much value that they aggregate the value taking millions into a net positive. Illegal immigration remains a value destroying proposition (getting worse over time as per the WSJ). FT needs to stop espousing political agenda with weak theories.

Quality publications stick to educating the reader.

(Links posted as a reply) Recommend 26 Reply Share Report Bounded Rationality 3 WEEKS AGO   In reply to Bounded Rationality Immigration Wave Delivers Economic Windfall.

But There’s a Catch: Recent migrants are expected to be lower paid and less productive than predecessors.

https://www.wsj.com/economy/jobs/immigration-wave-delivers-economic-windfall-but-theres-a-catch-51085c4f

The Effects of Immigration on the United States’ Economy — Penn Wharton Budget Model (upenn.edu) https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55693d60e4b06d83cf793431/t/62432b1b0764df784e161747/1648569115299/PWBM_W2022-1.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55693d60e4b06d83cf793431/t/62432b1b0764df784e161747/1648569115299/PWBM_W2022-1.pdf

• Agree 1

spygirl

Until Clinton, most US  migrants tended to high skilled workers, or Mexicans who didnt use public services.

Since Clinton, loads of useless Afrucans n Muzzers have piled in. There are begging to be noticed in the numbers now.

• Agree 2

One percent
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Weirdly, I've just been having n shave n shower listening to this -

The Great PFI Debt: an investigation into why schools are having to pay tens of thousands of pounds extra from their budgets for what they say are inflexible and over-priced PFI maintenance contracts.
Reporter Rob Cave hears how some schools are paying as much as a fifth of their entire school budget on cleaning and repair services while the headteachers and governors can’t afford to replace staff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001w71y

Quote from HT - I had a bug stack of paper for the contract and I was being pressured to sign it ....

Yes, pretty much the entiire public sector is incompetent.

Remember Labour bumped up school n LA salaries to match the private sector, to reflect tge large budgets they were dealing with.

No one could have possibly seen that coming.  

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

King Penda
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Until Clinton, most US  migrants tended to high skilled workers, or Mexicans who didnt use public services.

Since Clinton, loads of useless Afrucans n Muzzers have piled in. There are begging to be noticed in the numbers now.

Your going to be surporting your sister soon xxx 

Ash4781b
2 hours ago, King Penda said:

You’re forgetting they will live 10 to a house next door but 1 to me has 9 Nigerians in it .ok there are 2 extra bedrooms in the loft I suspect it’s 1 . But it’s identical in every other way to mine

Yeah I think under the delivery food providers they class the people doing jobs are self employed. The illegals then just use a legit account. I think that’s why you and many are seeing illegals all over the place they going to houses doing food deliveries. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

King Penda

One of the houses I’m watching has just been reduced by over 10k another 7.5k . The other 3 have been sold or are under offer. 

• Informative 1

spygirl
1 hour ago, King Penda said:

Your going to be surporting your sister soon xxx 

I've took them round the Scabby HMOs where they'll spend their 50s onwards.

• Lol 4

King Penda
Just now, spygirl said:

I've took them round the Scabby HMOs where they'll spend their 50s onwards.

Could you realy watch your sister live with Abdul and akhmed and a random greasy Albanian and do nothing to assist her ?

• Lol 1

spygirl
Just now, King Penda said:

Could you realy watch your sister live with Abdul and akhmed and a random greasy Albanian and do nothing to assist her ?

Let me think ..... Yes.

• Lol 7
  • Cheers 1

Axeman123
3 hours ago, One percent said:

It was on the radio earlier that a European country is facing exactly the same housing crisis.  I think it might have been Spain

Spain allegedly has lots of under used and empty housing in the vast empty middle, and localised hot property markets in fashionable neighbourhoods of some cities where foreign money flows are pricing out the natives. Some on twitter think off-the-beaten-track Spain compares favourably for overall cost of living with Argentina!

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

5 hours ago, King Penda said:

A lot of you are also forgetting that much of what they earn is sent back it’s actually expected.my Somali friend has just got married his wife is still that way in the war zone. He is expected to help surport her entire family not just her. He is starting to panic a bit has the shifts are getting fewer for us.he knows I don’t realy need to do many but he also knows I won’t sacrifice any to assist his predicament 

Have you asked him what his plans are if the work dries up completely in the UK? Wonder if it'll be bennies or try another country.

King Penda
12 minutes ago, spunko said:

Have you asked him what his plans are if the work dries up completely in the UK? Wonder if it'll be bennies or try another country.

To be fair he is not lazy he was working for Amazon before Xmas has well .He won’t leave he has been here since he was around 8. He could well go perminant he is well liked by the staff and the patients. But like me he is not endeared to shifts over 7 nights I never work Saturday nights he never works wensday nights. There are lots of jobs around in our line of work I was offered a job in sandbach 3/4 nights ago.

• Informative 1

Mandalorian
On 05/04/2024 at 09:21, spunko said:

That's interesting so can people from Republic of Ireland just move to N. Ireland willy nilly (and vice versa)?

Because of the Common Travel Area, can't any British person move to the Irish Republic and vice versa?

With a crooked smile
1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

Because of the Common Travel Area, can't any British person move to the Irish Republic and vice versa?

Yes it's a GB RoI thing not a unique NI RoI thing. Freedom of movement existed between our two nations prior to the EU. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

JoeDavola

Well it seems my folks eternal quest to move house might be coming to an end next week.

As per usual nothing is easy and they have been arguing all week about it according to Mum. Went to see a house, liked it, Dad texted me that he liked it and was considering a bid...then apparently went completely silent about it and didn't want to talk about it - think he's basically getting cold feet about leaving the area he's used to. (The new house is about 10 miles away.)

Mum's spent the entire week stressing about it, loves the house thinks its their "last chance" as they so rarely see houses they like etc...so they're going for a second viewing next week after rowing about it all week.

Hopefully they can come to a decision either way without having a stroke with the stress.

The thing is, in this case I think Dad is probably right, for rather morbid reasons...if he were to die before Mum (or get too sick to drive) this place would be too remote for her by herself as its beyond the main bus route and she'd probably have to move right back to the area where they are now.

But on the other hand it's a nice detached house and she understandably likes the house and is getting fed up with Dad's willingness to just drag on the "we're moving house" saga forever - I think he'd happyily drag it on for 5 years if the EA's keep dealing with him.

Personally I think there's a nicer more walkable and pretty coastal village they could move to that's more accessiable as its on the train line, but since I mentioned how nice it is they have refused to even go there once just to check the place out...30 min drive from their current house....ah well it's their life.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Well it seems my folks eternal quest to move house might be coming to an end next week.

As per usual nothing is easy and they have been arguing all week about it according to Mum. Went to see a house, liked it, Dad texted me that he liked it and was considering a bid...then apparently went completely silent about it and didn't want to talk about it - think he's basically getting cold feet about leaving the area he's used to. (The new house is about 10 miles away.)

Mum's spent the entire week stressing about it, loves the house thinks its their "last chance" as they so rarely see houses they like etc...so they're going for a second viewing next week after rowing about it all week.

Hopefully they can come to a decision either way without having a stroke with the stress.

The thing is, in this case I think Dad is probably right, for rather morbid reasons...if he were to die before Mum (or get too sick to drive) this place would be too remote for her by herself as its beyond the main bus route and she'd probably have to move right back to the area where they are now.

But on the other hand it's a nice detached house and she understandably likes the house and is getting fed up with Dad's willingness to just drag on the "we're moving house" saga forever - I think he'd happyily drag it on for 5 years if the EA's keep dealing with him.

Personally I think there's a nicer more walkable and pretty coastal village they could move to that's more accessiable as its on the train line, but since I mentioned how nice it is they have refused to even go there once just to check the place out...30 min drive from their current house....ah well it's their life.

They seem absolutely nuts. No offence !! xD

• Agree 3

JoeDavola
2 minutes ago, ccc said:

They seem absolutely nuts. No offence !! xD

Pretty much. I'm a bit worried recently if Dad is starting to show the early signs of cognitive decline but then I remember he's always been a bit nuts so he's probably fine.

I booked last week off work and had a great week - made a promise to myself that I'd take a week off from meeting up with them after finding them hard work the previous week...Mum contacted me mid-week to see if I wanted to meet up and from her language I think it was just going to be her and not Dad and thank fuck I said no as I'd have had my nice peaceful week off ruined by having to listen to the same fucking shite and play marriage therapist. Fuck that.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1