DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

6 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

AAL now rejected BHP offer, basically saying BHP were taking the pi$$....I agree!

Here you go, FYI the BHP deal equated to ~2510 yet a day after AAL rejecting BHP's offer [pi$$take] The Market thinks it should be at least 2721, so  about £2 more:

image.png.801b9c3f76d4e48ae37d3fa25f0e4795.png

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
3 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Coincidentally just saw this...

image.jpeg.afee1cc67b902c6e7e11ceffea9b60b1.jpeg

bring it on.

Think of the inflation problem they have there 

• Informative 1
  • Lol 3

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Bear Hug said:

Really struggled trying to read those subtitles for some reason. 

Castillian Spanish, which is proper Spanish.

Must learn that and Portuguese (Brazilian).

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

geordie_lurch
14 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I think it was really good of her to show us what 70% inflation looks like xD

Edited by geordie_lurch
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 10

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Spying on the people taking advantage of the circumstance provided by the people doing the spying.

Right.

• Agree 4
  • Vomit 1

crashmonitor

The Sage of Maidenhead is proffering some advice. I didn't expect to see him again. Certainly went a bit off piste towards the end, his Patient Capital launched about ten years ago ( and now run by Schroders)  is showing just 12p left in the pound.

https://www.woodfordviews.com/introducing-woodford-views?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwoa2xBhACEiwA1sb1BDn5c1VSBpwZBAX2JOYTYizOtg50z0ZJgalyWUSbyvHkpbRjZSyVfRoCzCsQAvD_BwE

Edited by crashmonitor
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cringe 1

35 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

WSS seems to have a fetish on X for such videos.  Think they'll pop themselves with this one......

.....buttons, I'm talking about buttons ya dirty minded macro strategists!

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, baffledbyzirp said:

I believe that is what is commonly referred to as 'the circular economy' these days.

I just read the prospectus for North Yorkshire's impending mayoral elections. Every single one of the hopefuls was claiming they would;

1. increase affordable housing

2. electrify the network and improve cycle lanes

3. encourage high paid jobs

4. tackle crime and anti-social behaviour

5. give local people local choices to combat the crooks in Westminster

Not one of them said anything about reducing waste, taking a machete to local government, sorting out the public sector pensions disaster, reducing immigration, holding the NHS to account for substandard health outcomes, firing useless teachers or getting coppers off their fat arses to actually attend crime scenes. One of the arseholes was a retired copper FFS. @DurhamBornwould have been livid. In his pitch was a picture of the worthy being awarded an OBE! Lifetime spent doing fuck all and being handsomely rewarded to retire at 50 with a huge pension only to then pursue a second career in later life at the public's expense again. You could not make it up. Don't vote it only encourages them. I miss the days of Dunny-on-the-Wold where the outcome was honestly rigged.

These shills just lift their PC pabulum directly from mission statements issued by the WEF.

981795790_pozzedimage.thumb.jpg.2253c80ab9943bb288c74a6b2a9c8ef1.jpg

• Lol 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Cringe 1

12 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Interesting thing is that if you look through that infamously woke poster there is no manufacturing, their whole economy is supported by nothing.

No Primary Industry, no Secondary Industry, it is all done by out-of-sight, out-of-mind poor people elsewhere in Woketopia.

It is Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B

A place of the expendable, perhaps their idols in the WEF have a 15-minute Plan after all for the 'useful idiots'.

They're so thick they don't even know what they don't know

• Agree 9

leonardratso
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

They're so thick they don't even know what they don't know

Also its missing the alkies, the drug addicts, the homeless, the stabbers, all part and parcel of living in a shithole.

pure fantasy.

• Agree 10

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

Also its missing the alkies, the drug addicts, the homeless, the stabbers, all part and parcel of living in a shithole.

pure fantasy.

Honestly it's faintly depressing that someone even had the idea, drew it in that shitty clownworld vector art style, finished it, sat back and said "Perfect"

• Agree 10

goldbug9999
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Not seeing any problem with "inflation" there

• Cheers 1

Long time lurking
Just now, goldbug9999 said:

Not seeing any problem with "inflation" there

I`m not to sure about that ,a bit to much of the transitory type made it to her lips :Sick1:

leonardratso

i think $NEM is in SPY as well isnt it? cant be arsed to check, so surely money funds will also drive it or at least keep inflows going.

• Agree 1

Red Debt Redemption
2 hours ago, baffledbyzirp said:

I believe that is what is commonly referred to as 'the circular economy' these days.

I just read the prospectus for North Yorkshire's impending mayoral elections. Every single one of the hopefuls was claiming they would;

1. increase affordable housing

2. electrify the network and improve cycle lanes

3. encourage high paid jobs

4. tackle crime and anti-social behaviour

5. give local people local choices to combat the crooks in Westminster

Not one of them said anything about reducing waste, taking a machete to local government, sorting out the public sector pensions disaster, reducing immigration, holding the NHS to account for substandard health outcomes, firing useless teachers or getting coppers off their fat arses to actually attend crime scenes. One of the arseholes was a retired copper FFS. @DurhamBornwould have been livid. In his pitch was a picture of the worthy being awarded an OBE! Lifetime spent doing fuck all and being handsomely rewarded to retire at 50 with a huge pension only to then pursue a second career in later life at the public's expense again. You could not make it up. Don't vote it only encourages them. I miss the days of Dunny-on-the-Wold where the outcome was honestly rigged.

These shills just lift their PC pabulum directly from mission statements issued by the WEF.

Don't want a high paid job more tax and more productivity demands.

Edited by Red Debt Redemption

Red Debt Redemption
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Interesting thing is that if you look through that infamously woke poster there is no manufacturing, their whole economy is supported by nothing.

No Primary Industry, no Secondary Industry, it is all done by out-of-sight, out-of-mind poor people elsewhere in Woketopia.

It is Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B

A place of the expendable, perhaps their idols in the WEF have a 15-minute Plan after all for the 'useful idiots'.

The hunger games with the producing districts and the Capitol.

Mandalorian
3 hours ago, AWW said:

This is easier said than done for those with a family to support.

I dump everything they allow me to into my SIPP, I open a new ISA and LISA every year, I put rainy day cash into low coupon Gilts, I buy CGT free coins, yet they still do me for tens of thousands in income tax each year and how much more in VAT and myriad stealth taxes, because I have to take enough income to support my family. Keeping it below the personal allowance, even the 40% bracket which I used to be able to do, is impossible with current inflation and frozen thresholds.

Another reason I'm happy to not have kids.

• Agree 1

manservantjerkins
22 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Another reason I'm happy to not have kids.

Kids are great.

My son is hands down the most interesting person ever.

Almost a testicular divided.

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 3