DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

HousePriceMania
4 hours ago, Herby said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/breaking-fashion-retailer-joules-brink-28482179

Fashion retailer Joules on brink of collapse with 1,600 jobs at risk of being axed

Joules Group, which also owns The Garden Trading Company, revealed it was to file a notice of intention to appoint administrators after failing to secure new cash funding

Dont you think we've expended enough energy on these types of posts ?

• Lol 3

On 14/11/2022 at 09:55, Herby said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/breaking-fashion-retailer-joules-brink-28482179

Fashion retailer Joules on brink of collapse with 1,600 jobs at risk of being axed

Joules Group, which also owns The Garden Trading Company, revealed it was to file a notice of intention to appoint administrators after failing to secure new cash funding

Surprised about Joules, clothing seemed well made.

Round these parts still got a never ending stream of delis and the like opening up, all would fit right at home on the Harry Enfield "I saw your coming" sketch. No recession here. We definitely are not all in it together.

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...

https://news.sky.com/story/nearly-50-shops-shut-down-a-day-in-2022-up-nearly-50-on-2021-12778289

More shops closed their doors for good in 2022 than at any other point for at least five years, taking about 150,000 jobs with them.

The real estate adviser Altus Group said that retailers and landlords would have to pay close to £1.1bn from April 1 to cover the business rates on empty sites. These are sites that have been empty for three months.

Chewing Grass

It amazes me that there hasn't been a collapse in the package holiday business yet.

Then again their business model did change about 10 years ago with the mass binning of the 'high street shops'.

• Agree 2

On 17/11/2022 at 09:40, wherebee said:

Deliveroo just went bust in Australia....

That’s a lot of upset Abdul’s if true

4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

It amazes me that there hasn't been a collapse in the package holiday business yet.

Then again their business model did change about 10 years ago with the mass binning of the 'high street shops'.

The xs sister works for one of the larger ones 

5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

There must have been massive bailouts in the lockdowns as no way were they selling holidays. 

• Agree 1

On 19/11/2022 at 14:24, gibbon said:

Surprised about Joules, clothing seemed well made.

Round these parts still got a never ending stream of delis and the like opening up, all would fit right at home on the Harry Enfield "I saw your coming" sketch. No recession here. We definitely are not all in it together.

Two restaurants in stokes alleged food district shut on the 31st of December might not sound much but I bet there are only 10 odd in it ffs

1 hour ago, King Penda said:

Two restaurants in stokes alleged food district shut on the 31st of December might not sound much but I bet there are only 10 odd in it ffs

Back on the oat cakes then.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Back on the oat cakes then.

I don’t enjoy eating out I don’t care if every restaurant in stoke shut ps can’t beat a cheese and bacon oatcake 

• Agree 2
  • Love / Hugz 1

HousePriceMania

https://news.sky.com/story/safetynet-credit-parent-close-to-collapse-after-fca-crackdown-12780400

SafetyNet Credit parent close to collapse after FCA crackdown

Indigo Michael, which owns SafetyNet Credit and Tappily, is lining up insolvency experts from AlixPartners as it becomes the latest victim of an FCA clampdown on high-cost credit providers, Sky News learns.

• 2 weeks later...

Paperchase . But expect a "pre pack' deal.

Daily Telegraph today 

High street stationery retailer Paperchase is reportedly preparing to call in administrators.

Begbies Traynor, the professional services firm, on standby to handle a potential insolvency, according to Sky News.

Sources reportedly said the stationery chain was continuing to seek a solvent rescue deal.

However, Begbies' has been lined up for a prospective role as part of "sensible contingency planning" in the event that a fresh cash injection does not materialise.

A pre-pack administration was now increasingly likely, the sources added.

• Informative 1