DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

How does Buy to Let END!

macca

What happens when generation rent retire with tiny pensions and massive rent bills!  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, nickc said:

Yes but the ROOT cause is interest rates that are manipulated. Price honest money according to it's scarcity and all else you mention becomes moot.....?

Honest money??

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Honest money??

Ah now we're getting to the root cause ?

What's the difference  between

A. money honestly earned by mutual free agreement......and

B. 'money' that can be created from thin air and given to just a chosen few.

?

sleepwello'nights
16 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

My plan would be for the government to buy cheap land (e.g. pasture) issue blanket change-of-use planning and build social housing on a huge scale, say 2 million homes, which it then rents out at say 1/3 the take home pay of someone on minimum wage. This way you don't need any direct intervention like restrictions on owning and renting out or rent controls, you just set the market rent floor super low by flooding the market. The government gets revenue earning assets, people on low wages get a massive leg up in living standards and the economy gets  a massive boost from all the extra disposable income.

That's cool. How long before the tenant sub-lets? a la Grenfell House. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nickc said:

Ah now we're getting to the root cause ?

What's the difference  between

A. money honestly earned by mutual free agreement......and

B. 'money' that can be created from thin air and given to just a chosen few.

?

A is some  form if barter.

B is fiat money.

You will be going - Honest days pay for an honest days work next.

On 30/08/2020 at 16:26, nickc said:

So what's the root cause?.....or to be accurate.....who is the cause?..... I think landlords are just an effect ?......... think property rights?

Address this fundamental and most discussion on hpc would end.?...

Banks.. Get rid of them a house is worth the contents of your wallet, 

Which is 55p,, Ive just checked mine..

In the 70's it was about 2.5x 1 persons wage with 6% base rate over 20 years house were in line with wages, my mum was a single mum working as a nurse, bought a 3 bed in outer london..

2020 its 4.5 x 2 peoples wages with 0.5% base rate over 50 years

help to buy

buy to let

ban on the building of social housing

0 stamp duty  up to 500k

sold all the social housing and turned it in to buy to let

not to mention all our bastard fuck pig MPs are landlords.. not that i'm angry 

Edited by macca
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, macca said:

Banks.. Get rid of them a house is worth the contents of your wallet, 

Which is 55p,, Ive just checked mine..

In the 70's it was about 2.5x 1 persons wage with 6% base rate over 20 years house were in line with wages, my mum was a single mum working as a nurse, bought a 3 bed in outer london..

2020 its 4.5 x 2 peoples wages with 0.5% base rate over 50 years

help to buy

buy to let

ban on the building of social housing

0 stamp duty  up to 500k

sold all the social housing and turned it in to buy to let

not to mention all our bastard fuck pig MPs are landlords.. not that i'm angry 

then all your housing stock gets bought by foreigners who can leverage using foreign banks.

what's that you say?  no foreign owners?

then mrs chin at number 45 and my patel at number 23 suddenly get a gift from their relatives overseas (who have, of course, borrowed the money) and buy the houses instead.  Or a UK registered company owned ulimately by foreigners leveraged up buy everything.

The best way to bring house prices down is to remove all the props for renting (i.e. no housing benefit, build council estates), and have swinging annual taxes if owned by a non-occupier.  Oh, and zero population growth as a policy goal.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

then all your housing stock gets bought by foreigners who can leverage using foreign banks.

what's that you say?  no foreign owners?

then mrs chin at number 45 and my patel at number 23 suddenly get a gift from their relatives overseas (who have, of course, borrowed the money) and buy the houses instead.  Or a UK registered company owned ulimately by foreigners leveraged up buy everything.

The best way to bring house prices down is to remove all the props for renting (i.e. no housing benefit, build council estates), and have swinging annual taxes if owned by a non-occupier.  Oh, and zero population growth as a policy goal.

Well the last bit isn't going to happen so you need to ensure more houses are built than the population rises by...

37 minutes ago, eek said:

Well the last bit isn't going to happen so you need to ensure more houses are built than the population rises by...

why not?

It has in Japan.  It will in China soon, as the 1 child policy works through the oldsters.

Population growth is not set by the gods.  

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

Yes, that's all well and good but completely misses the root  cause, which is the mispricing of interest rates..... and if we really want to get to the root cause, we should ask......

"who manipulates interest rates?" ....... oh yes....... and why?

Edited by nickc
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, eek said:

It will do if we have a currency crash.. They will run like fuck..

Especially as we import 80% of our food so currency crash equals starvation..

2 minutes ago, macca said:

It will do if we have a currency crash.. They will run like fuck..

Especially as we import 80% of our food so currency crash equals starvation..

Good job we built on a load of ag land

14 hours ago, Loki said:

Good job we built on a load of ag land

Yes, and we built when mechanisation was cheap......oil diggers etc.....to recover the land might be a bit dearer ...or do it by hand ... :(

• Agree 1

Breaking news: legal evictions are suspended for months, heavies running illegal dosshouses under the radar decide not to stop their evictions
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/23/no-place-like-home-illegal-evictions-in-shadow-sector-soar-in-lockdown
Is anyone surprised?

Edited by Andersen
  • Agree 1

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/237338-ethnic-exodus-from-london/

Thai woman want to sell for £450K, and go back to thailand but has let out rooms one to an African man and the other room to a Polish woman neither is paying rent anymore as they have both lost their jobs, the african man started to cry, and the polish woman started to push the thai woman.

She is about 55 scragy, lives in one of the rooms and has a 5 year old laptop

VeryMeanReversion
On 06/09/2020 at 06:45, spygirl said:

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/237338-ethnic-exodus-from-london/

Thai woman want to sell for £450K, and go back to thailand but has let out rooms one to an African man and the other room to a Polish woman neither is paying rent anymore as they have both lost their jobs, the african man started to cry, and the polish woman started to push the thai woman.

She is about 55 scragy, lives in one of the rooms and has a 5 year old laptop

If they are lodgers then she can evict quickly.   The latest no-eviction rules don't apply to lodgers.

When Dad died back in April, his druggie lodger was still in the house.  I became the live-in-landlord for a week to get him out legally.

• Agree 1

On 31/08/2020 at 10:34, spygirl said:

Honest money??

What we learnt during the pandemic (what i already knew)

If the workers at the supermarket don't go to work, you starve 

If the dustmen don't turn up you get rats and piles of rubbish everywhere

If the Chemist don't turn up you getting a banging headache from all you jager bombs and the shits from your dodgy kebab and no medicine

If Landlords don't buy houses.. Those houses still exist.. The landlord creates nothing but poverty

If the CEO s don't turn up who are on 350 times that of the workers.. FUCK ALL HAPPENS.. THEY ARE WORTHLESS CUNTS.. They all fucked off to their villas when corona hit..

CEOs are worthless piles of greedy shit.. The workers make the money and should be rewarded inline with real inflation

Not that fake inflation that excludes everything that you need to live..

• Agree 8
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, macca said:

What we learnt during the pandemic (what i already knew)

If the workers at the supermarket don't go to work, you starve 

If the dustmen don't turn up you get rats and piles of rubbish everywhere

If the Chemist don't turn up you getting a banging headache from all you jager bombs and the shits from your dodgy kebab and no medicine

If Landlords don't buy houses.. Those houses still exist.. The landlord creates nothing but poverty

If the CEO s don't turn up who are on 350 times that of the workers.. FUCK ALL HAPPENS.. THEY ARE WORTHLESS CUNTS.. They all fucked off to their villas when corona hit..

CEOs are worthless piles of greedy shit.. The workers make the money and should be rewarded inline with real inflation

The government are a bunch of useless cunts whose strategy is reactionary and akin to steering that of a rudderless ship.

Not that fake inflation that excludes everything that you need to live..

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

You know all that BTL money the banks lent, on the assumption that, if it all went wrong, they could repo in 2 months?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54108829

They cant get a at bad debts. Theyll have move all that io on the books, at huge cost.

Fucktards.

My mate rents a house out in the scummy bit of falsgrave. Tenant is a single mother of two kids, two dogs that look like wolves, two horses (don’t think she is pikey, just bonkers). Rent is less than 500 a month and tenant is slowly wrecking the place. 

apparenty she cant get rid as government has deemed that tenants cannot be evicted due to the virus.  O.o

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

My mate rents a house out in the scummy bit of falsgrave. Tenant is a single mother of two kids, two dogs that look like wolves, two horses (don’t think she is pikey, just bonkers). Rent is less than 500 a month and tenant is slowly wrecking the place. 

apparenty she cant get rid as government has deemed that tenants cannot be evicted due to the virus.  O.o

Falsgrave positively upwardly mobile compared to Eastfield....

I've stopped being surprised about the random roach infested  shithokes here n there.

No prob getting LHA housing un Scabby. Shed have been kicked out / banned.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Falsgrave positively upwardly mobile compared to Eastfield....

I've stopped being surprised about the random roach infested  shithokes here n there.

No prob getting LHA housing un Scabby. Shed have been kicked out / banned.

Yeah but the new government rules say that you can’t evict tenants. She has sent notice that she wants stuff repaired and has raised the rent above equivalent properties, hoping the tenant will find something cheaper. 

stuff she has been pushed to replace by managing agent include: wrought iron gate fallen off its hinges (feral kids swinging on it) , light fittings that have broken (how?) boiler and hob which are around five years old. 

then said tenant has ripped up all the brand new floor coverings up and replaced with carpet that hasn’t even been fitted. Also painted wall in all rooms a really dark colour so that it resembles a cave the kitchen, which was new when tenant moved in, is now chipped and scratched with doors hanging off. 

told her that she needs to turn into slum landlord and refuse to do any maintenance. 

• Agree 1

reformed nice guy
38 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yeah but the new government rules say that you can’t evict tenants. She has sent notice that she wants stuff repaired and has raised the rent above equivalent properties, hoping the tenant will find something cheaper. 

stuff she has been pushed to replace by managing agent include: wrought iron gate fallen off its hinges (feral kids swinging on it) , light fittings that have broken (how?) boiler and hob which are around five years old. 

then said tenant has ripped up all the brand new floor coverings up and replaced with carpet that hasn’t even been fitted. Also painted wall in all rooms a really dark colour so that it resembles a cave the kitchen, which was new when tenant moved in, is now chipped and scratched with doors hanging off. 

told her that she needs to turn into slum landlord and refuse to do any maintenance. 

Your friend needs to get long Covid and become too ill to do anything ;)

• Informative 1

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

You know all that BTL money the banks lent, on the assumption that, if it all went wrong, they could repo in 2 months?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54108829

They cant get a at bad debts. Theyll have move all that io on the books, at huge cost.

Fucktards.

Surprised there wasn’t more interest in this bit of news, on here. 
Be very interesting how this plays out

• Agree 1