DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
On 08/04/2021 at 21:57, DurhamBorn said:

Exactly right,thats whats happening.Its the reason i and others urged people to focus on de-complex areas.The oil and mobile company dont care if there are 3 lots of rice instead of 15.Iv been stocking up on as much as i can 2nd hand from Marketplace etc,just got a lovely £10 bag of clothes for grandson,i reckon £100s worth.My daughter is actually selling on after use now for a profit,so free use and profits.

Iv just got my daughter in law a nice Peugeot 207 1.6 diesel 11 plate this week,the Allure top range version.Keep that on the road for her for a decade and should see her depreciation and fix costs be around £20 a week.Fixed a freezer i got for £20 so filling with reduced items etc,thats 4 freezers now xD got a chicken in Tesco for 62p tonight @Yellow_Reduced_Sticker and a few packs of King Prawns for 65p a pack among other things.Shouldnt mention prawns as @nirvana sometimes talks to them xD 

I must say i should really learn how to make wine.Loads of Elderberries along the old railways lines near me,that would make superb wine.

Its all coming along as expected isnt it.Amazing how we predicted they would fear unemployment more than inflation and @Barnsey showing above that is the Fed thinking now.

YES mate ! Great TIP of yours marketplace...just this week i bought a pair of chest-waders for £15 + £5.76 shipping (forget the perv stuff guys xD this is for my fishing!)

Anyway contacted the seller for the brand name & top part pic, well f*** me ol' boots, these waders are EXPENSIVE to buy new, even if you could get them they would cost around £90! AND...the best part is they are BRAND-NEW and they fit like a snug glove!:D

Here's my 10 STAR TIP on buying from marketplace:

If ya new to faceache - join with a new email and change 1 letter in ya surname - in the personnel settings lock everything.
[this is if you DON'T want to get into friends finding you and basically wasting time!]

NOW Important stuff, MOST sellers say they WON'T ship...

SO...DON'T haggle!
However, if you send 'em a NICE message, 8 times out of ten they WILL!:Jumping:
AND here's the kicker ...YOU can get: up to 10 kg Maximum Weight sent for a measly - £5.76p (power tools anyone?!)

Maximum Length 0.65 m Maximum Height 0.5 m Maximum Width 0.5 m Max Length+Girth 1.65 m

USE: parcel2go.com

It's the cheapest option, and YODEL on it do the £5.76p (I've used these 4 times so far and perfect parcel arrives in 3 days)

BTW, House around the corner is being sold, so hence a skip outside, well you can guess that yours truly was there at the OPEN!:D

WHILE I was rummaging in the skip (fed up knocking on the door to ask now as they all say YES) ...a mid-20's foxy smiling girl came out the house to see what i was up to, anyway got chatting and as i couldn't reach all the down in the bottom of the skip to grab some stuff out...to help me out she went indoors to get me a broom handle! xD (I know what ya thinking @nirvana)

YOU wouldn't believe what folks throw out, i got a newish prestige pressure cooker, it just needs a clean these are £40 quid new!

After i walked away looking like a 1970's coal-man...i went back last night around 7pm, blimey they cleared the garage out, tools, nuts, bolts screws, nails, even special tools like threading taps with and extension for spark plugs, so the guy must of been a mechanic/engineer, @Harley would be drooling over this stuff for his Scrapheap Challenge ...anyways grabbed as much as i could, but left the complete miter saw stand, going to get that tonight...:ph34r:

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightscribe
19 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

WHILE I was rummaging in the skip (fed up knocking on the door to ask now as they all say YES) ...a mid-20's foxy smiling girl came out the house to see what i was up to, anyway got chatting and as i couldn't reach all the down in the bottom of the skip to grab some stuff out...to help me out she went indoors to get me a broom handle! xD 

Sounds like one of ‘those’ movies from the 70’s. Was you wearing your waders?

37 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

YES mate ! Great TIP of yours marketplace...just this week i bought a pair of chest-waders for £15 + £5.76 shipping (forget the perv stuff guys xD this is for my fishing!)

Anyway contacted the seller for the brand name & top part pic, well f*** me ol' boots, these waders are EXPENSIVE to buy new, even if you could get them they would cost around £90! AND...the best part is they are BRAND-NEW and they fit like a snug glove!:D

If ya new to faceache - join with a new email and change 1 letter in ya surname - in the personnel settings lock everything.
[this is if you DON'T want to get into friends finding you and basically wasting time!]

SO...DON'T haggle!
AND here's the kicker ...YOU can get: up to 10 kg Maximum Weight sent for a measly - £5.76p (power tools anyone?!)

Maximum Length 0.65 m Maximum Height 0.5 m Maximum Width 0.5 m Max Length+Girth 1.65 m

It's the cheapest option, and YODEL on it do the £5.76p (I've used these 4 times so far and perfect parcel arrives in 3 days)

BTW, House around the corner is being sold, so hence a skip outside, well you can guess that yours truly was there at the OPEN!:D

WHILE I was rummaging in the skip (fed up knocking on the door to ask now as they all say YES) ...a mid-20's foxy smiling girl came out the house to see what i was up to, anyway got chatting and as i couldn't reach all the down in the bottom of the skip to grab some stuff out...to help me out she went indoors to get me a broom handle! xD (I know what ya thinking @nirvana)

YOU wouldn't believe what folks throw out, i got a newish prestige pressure cooker, it just needs a clean these are £40 quid new!

After i walked away looking like a 1970's coal-man...i went back last night around 7pm, blimey they cleared the garage out, tools, nuts, bolts screws, nails, even special tools like threading taps with and extension for spark plugs, so the guy must of been a mechanic/engineer, @Harley would be drooling over this stuff for his Scrapheap Challenge ...anyways grabbed as much as i could, but left the complete miter saw stand, going to get that tonight...:ph34r:

Skips are great assuming you haven't got a load of nasty stuff in them. I love people that put decent stuff under the sloping front of them so it doesn't get rained on too. 

@Yellow_Reduced_Sticker on Marketplace i bought a bag of clothes for my grandson £10 and now the woman messages every time she has another lot and she puts them in the porch in a bag and i stick the money through letter box.She now says she only wants a fiver each time.Marketplace is superb for kids stuff,pushchairs,toys etc,can get for next to nothing.

Its also superb for furniture that wont fit in a car,people just want shot so my old estate comes into its own.I got a lovely pine dresser for the kitchen for £60,i upcycled it,£27 for the paint.Means i can keep my pizza oven in there.It was under the bed,but took my mind off coitus in case it got damaged xD 

3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

They call the toilets in most factories now the "Facebog"

I can remember working in a metal fabricators as a teenager when the old boy I was assigned to showed me how to weld. He then said "I'm just off to the library" only to return three hours later!...fortunately for him I was 'as keen as mustard' to learn any new skills, so produced enough work to keep us both covered when the Production Manager did his rounds checking on progress :-)))

13 hours ago, Harley said:

Two key dynamics for me:  I see PMs as part of a hard asset class so look for other assets to complement them such as other metals, crypto, land, physical assets, etc.  Look at Gates and farmland.  Turns out I'm under 25% invested in hard assets so wish to increase my holdings but maybe other than in PMs.  Second is the move to some miners becoming value plays.  I've never been an investor in miners given my poor trading record but this is now a major area I'm looking at.  Maybe this will get easier as more miners increase their divs to make them attractive to me.

Interesting Harley what you say about the pm/hard asset ratio for your portfolio. % allocations are very important for risk/reward and achieving a balanced portfolio. But I think along with asset allocation, I think identifying sectors that you can rotate in/out of is also an important consideration. I noticed you mentioned asset allocation the other day and I myself have been thinking more about it recently. I haven't made final decision but I am seeking to use maybe only 8 sectors... so maybe PM's, commods, energy, telecoms, chemical, health, etc.                                                                                                                                                                  To explain... although I might be using the wrong/muddled terminology here(?), but what I'm trying to do is use the favoured next cycle inflation sectors (as discussed on this thread), but identify the ones that have max. degree of 'un-correlation' (not seeking the negative correlation one used to get between stocks/bonds) between each sector, in order to help me to more effectively trim/sell from a sector that has done well, and then put profits into my other sector which still looks relatively cheap. I would do this for say next 5+ years whilst remaining invested in my original selected sectors, and (long term hold) stocks within those sectors (ie not aiming to trade, buy/sell stocks) - instead, just aiming to 'trim high' and 'buy low'.                                                        Hope I have described this (at least partially) adequately? Might sound complicated but i don't think is. However, it's identifying the 'right' sectors part that I am struggling with (eg telecoms and health I guess are very uncorrelated?), perhaps others are already doing this and can offer some positive advise? I guess there is a book/web resource that goes into detail about uncorrelated sectors but thought I'd first prod this thread!?! (also this could be an idea others might like to use)

geordie_lurch
3 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

A lot sooner that most would think. China’s already introduced digital currency, the west won’t be far behind (after all who wants to carry around that filthy virus-ridden anonymous cash anymore?)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/enriquedans/2021/04/07/chinas-digital-currency-is-about-to-disrupt-money/?sh=2b96b2f01665

Next up, digital ID rollout

https://www.weforum.org/events/global-technology-governance-summit-2021/sessions/scaling-up-digital-identity-systems

World Bank paper

http://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/199411519691370495/Technology-Landscape-for-Digital-Identification.pdf

9B6A5F7A-BB97-4A29-9D49-C6F5E8EBC87B.jpeg

Yep I agree with everything there and have been trying to emphasise this massive shift in this thread for months. Zerohedge have been on this story for a long time too as you can read here with the following text from a recent WSJ article about it being the game changer...

"The money itself is programmable. Beijing has tested expiration dates to encourage users to spend it quickly, for times when the economy needs a jump start."

Also note EVERY single transaction is 100% trackable and they can tell you where and therefore pretty much what you can spend it on. Been caught protesting against the Government or not taken your 6 monthly 'vaccine' booster - they could freeze or reduce your digital pounds until you comply :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, JMD said:

Interesting Harley what you say about the pm/hard asset ratio for your portfolio. % allocations are very important for risk/reward and achieving a balanced portfolio. But I think along with asset allocation, I think identifying sectors that you can rotate in/out of is also an important consideration. I noticed you mentioned asset allocation the other day and I myself have been thinking more about it recently. I haven't made final decision but I am seeking to use maybe only 8 sectors... so maybe PM's, commods, energy, telecoms, chemical, health, etc.                                                                                                                                                                  To explain... although I might be using the wrong/muddled terminology here(?), but what I'm trying to do is use the favoured next cycle inflation sectors (as discussed on this thread), but identify the ones that have max. degree of 'un-correlation' (not seeking the negative correlation one used to get between stocks/bonds) between each sector, in order to help me to more effectively trim/sell from a sector that has done well, and then put profits into my other sector which still looks relatively cheap. I would do this for say next 5+ years whilst remaining invested in my original selected sectors, and (long term hold) stocks within those sectors (ie not aiming to trade, buy/sell stocks) - instead, just aiming to 'trim high' and 'buy low'.                                                        Hope I have described this (at least partially) adequately? Might sound complicated but i don't think is. However, it's identifying the 'right' sectors part that I am struggling with (eg telecoms and health I guess are very uncorrelated?), perhaps others are already doing this and can offer some positive advise? I guess there is a book/web resource that goes into detail about uncorrelated sectors but thought I'd first prod this thread!?! (also this could be an idea others might like to use)

I used sector themes in the past and a guy was interviewed on Palisades radio a while back doing as you describe with sector ETFs (but moving wholly between them every few months).  I was going to look at doing the same as it had great appeal but he had access to better (US) ETFs.  I once looked at using exemplar companies from each sector as proxies but ditched that per my reasoning below.

All that though was for my equity asset class. A lot of literature out there about the importance of asset classes first and foremost.  Ideally one will compensate the other and top slicing to maintain the allocations will reduce portfolio risk (volatility).  So Equity, Bonds, PMs (or hard assets) and cash.  The £1m question though is what allocation model to choose and that depends on your objectives (e.g risk v return tradeoff).

I stopped using sector allocations for my equity portfolio for a number of reasons:

. the loss of quality sectors ETFs due to KID

. a concern about arbitrary sector classifications (e.g. PM miner royalty companies, etc  in "Financials")

. I have no way of knowing if the macro talk about which sector is actually correct

. I was running out of good companies in my macro preferred sectors

. I learnt how to screen for companies and got access to the right tools to do it relatively easily

I now let the data lead me with my screens.  So bottoms up rather than top down.  If the sectors are correct, they will come up in my screens.  However I tread very carefully and typically ignore companies I catch but are in the sectors I don't like (after validating their sector categorisation). 

Each to their own and I would use sector ETFs to trade, moving between them as their technicals change if I had a access to quality sector ETFs.  I guess the above just shows how investing is a personal journey, constantly evolving to seek better alpha.

PS: I do sense check my actual portfolio sector (actually next level industry) allocations now and then to ensure no bunching.

4 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

.to help me out she went indoors to get me a broom handle!

hey dude, I just popped in from heaven to say hi!

here's sumfing so extraordinarily crazy when you've been chasing bigger and better 'useless shite' all your life....

this week I sold 2 pushbikes for about 1500€ and I bought that other thing for like 50€ and man I've been having a ball!

I think I'm gonna sell everything and just cycle around the world from now on and eat the most delicious foods, and taste the most delicious nipples, and sleep under the stars and just say 'wow man' as much as I can!

Peace bro! Virtual cheek kisses to you! Not on the buttocks though! 

oh yeah don't forget, Marcus Aurelius

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane

13 minutes ago, PrincessDrac said:

US CPI  Link.

Good or bad for Gold and Silver?

Upside risk for CPI and Fed rate hikes

Next week’s CPI is going to rise sharply. We expect it to jump from 1.7% to 2.4% year-on-year, but it is likely to get close to 4% over the summer as prices in a vibrant, re-opened, stimulus fuelled economy contrast starkly with those of twelve months before when the economy was largely in lockdown.

The Fed believe that inflation will then moderate, but we think that pandemic-related scarring and supply constraints will keep inflation elevated for longer than they do – as underlined by today's PPI figure. We also think that the housing components will be an increasingly important story over the next twelve months.

It really depends on how much over or under the expected figure plus how the bond markets react. If the figure overshoots too much there could be a bond rout and it is anyone's guess what happens at that point.

The best outcome for gold might be 0.2% over the 2.4% prediction but an undershoot might also be good for gold if 10yr treasuries start heading back to 1.2%.

I think this is quite an important week with employment and retail figures too.

On 10/04/2021 at 18:54, feed said:

Lyn today

Talks about the inflation vs deflation at around the 41 minute mark, if you don't time for the full hour.

But worth the time as always

Well worth a watch, especially for those who want to get a better understanding of how to approach a macro approach...Lyn Alden just has such a good way of explaining concepts simply, whether verbally or in the written form. Her, George, Raoul, and Macrovoices are my goto sites for developing my understanding/approach.

5 hours ago, JMD said:

Hope I have described this (at least partially) adequately?

Understand completely what you mean, and it has got me thinking...I think your idea 'has legs' as long as you spread across several companies within each sector, or maybe follow the same approach but use sector specific ETF's to maximize diversity/'financial safety' within the sector at the expense/benefit of either not making/losing maximums.

Edit: Just seen @Harley's comment above regarding sectors ETF's and feeling pretty smug :-)...I have obviously absorbed more from this forum in the last two years than I realised! :-)

4 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

Yep I agree with everything there and have been trying to emphasise this massive shift in this thread for months. Zerohedge have been on this story for a long time too as you can read here with the following text from a recent WSJ article about it being the game changer...

"The money itself is programmable. Beijing has tested expiration dates to encourage users to spend it quickly, for times when the economy needs a jump start."

Also note EVERY single transaction is 100% trackable and they can tell you where and therefore pretty much what you can spend it on. Been caught protesting against the Government or not taken your 6 monthly 'vaccine' booster - they could freeze or reduce your digital pounds until you comply :ph34r:

So then if you can live frugally you could stock pile bought assets and trade/barter them on a Black market...although they would probably have a "If you get caught trading outside the system you can be jailed for ten years and/or fined up to £10000"

17 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Understand completely what you mean, and it has got me thinking...I think your idea 'has legs' as long as you spread across several companies within each sector, or maybe follow the same approach but use sector specific ETF's to maximize diversity/'financial safety' within the sector at the expense/benefit of either not making/losing maximums.

Edit: Just seen @Harley's comment above regarding sectors ETF's and feeling pretty smug :-)...I have obviously absorbed more from this forum in the last two years than I realised! :-)

I took my 10 preferred industries and looked at the key financials for the top 15 international companies in each industry.  I then selected the best 3 to 5 out of each 15 with a view to buying initial stakes in each and laddering in when technically cheap.  But I just didn't feel happy with the list of companies and not knowing what I was missing being so blinkered.  So I moved to opening my net to see what got caught and taking it from there.  Let the market take me where it wants to go. I finally became a value investor seeking total return!  I may have stuck to it though if there were quality ETFs instead.

18 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Yield. Gonna make financing US deficit expensive.

Yep.  Per my earlier post about a potential approaching technical top in the 30Y UST yield, using ticker TYX.  Overbought momentum, descending triangle chart pattern, and negative candles (esp. Ashi).

PS:  TradingView seems fixed, even faster.  Plus a new desktop version (not that splash screen shows the correct version!).

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

So then if you can live frugally you could stock pile bought assets and trade/barter them on a Black market...although they would probably have a "If you get caught trading outside the system you can be jailed for ten years and/or fined up to £10000"

Felix Zoulaf mentioned it in the recent video posted here. People in EE countries queing up for whatever was in the shops. When I saw that as a kid I thought it was just because there were limited quantities of goods. But he pointed out it was also to get their hands on ANYTHING that was for sale, so they could trade with it later.

It will happen, despite potential penalties.

Right, I'm off to stock up some of them new fangled 'nylons' I've been hearing about. The ladies are gonna love 'em I reckon!

6 hours ago, Harley said:

I used sector themes in the past and a guy was interviewed on Palisades radio a while back doing as you describe with sector ETFs (but moving wholly between them every few months).  I was going to look at doing the same as it had great appeal but he had access to better (US) ETFs.  I once looked at using exemplar companies from each sector as proxies but ditched that per my reasoning below.

All that though was for my equity asset class. A lot of literature out there about the importance of asset classes first and foremost.  Ideally one will compensate the other and top slicing to maintain the allocations will reduce portfolio risk (volatility).  So Equity, Bonds, PMs (or hard assets) and cash.  The £1m question though is what allocation model to choose and that depends on your objectives (e.g risk v return tradeoff).

I stopped using sector allocations for my equity portfolio for a number of reasons:

. the loss of quality sectors ETFs due to KID

. a concern about arbitrary sector classifications (e.g. PM miner royalty companies, etc  in "Financials")

. I have no way of knowing if the macro talk about which sector is actually correct

. I was running out of good companies in my macro preferred sectors

. I learnt how to screen for companies and got access to the right tools to do it relatively easily

I now let the data lead me with my screens.  So bottoms up rather than top down.  If the sectors are correct, they will come up in my screens.  However I tread very carefully and typically ignore companies I catch but are in the sectors I don't like (after validating their sector categorisation). 

Each to their own and I would use sector ETFs to trade, moving between them as their technicals change if I had a access to quality sector ETFs.  I guess the above just shows how investing is a personal journey, constantly evolving to seek better alpha.

PS: I do sense check my actual portfolio sector (actually next level industry) allocations now and then to ensure no bunching.

Thanks Harley for the detailed reply. I agree with the points you make. Have you considered using the 'momentum fund' site below? It provides weekly performance trend analysis stats on sectors and also for the funds within those sectors. All are UK accessible funds. Looks low risk/reward, has been running over 10 years, and appears 12% is the average investor return. It does cost £35/month, but get first 2 months free and can cancel anytime. The investors appear to be very inexperienced type investors, so could be scope for upping the average return. I am currently mainly waiting out for BK(?!), but may seriously consider "going saltydog' for say a year to test run (founder is ex navy, hence name, started scheme 20 years ago and operated strategy for just his own portfolio initially until 2010)                                    https://www.saltydoginvestor.com/home-more/

On 11/04/2021 at 00:43, JMD said:

DB, you mention land-value tax policies - I think these could be operated to make land speculation unattractive, is that what you mainly meant? That is to say I don't think they would raise much in terms of being a wealth tax because the wealthy would find ways of 'hiding' property

How do you think they'll hide it then, put a bit of camouflage netting over it and then tell the tax man "no land here mate"? :)

for example tracts of land could be utilised as working farms/forestry(for lumber)

Not only could they be used for farming or forestry where that is possible, they mostly will be, because the alternative will be paying tax on an unproductive asset. A Land Value Tax encourages efficient use of land by discouraging hoarding.

and put in trust for next generation to inherit. 

As my facetious point above alludes to, the great beauty of LVT is that land cannot be hidden, and so it doesn't matter who owns it. If the owner doesn't pay the tax due on it the government simply requisitions it.

Anyway isnt most wealth of the rich held in stocks and company ownerships?

Maybe, but that isn't what's stopping the working man getting ahead- it's being priced out of a home that's doing that. We can always create more stuff, and hence more wealth. We can't create more land, that's why we should have a mechanism for sharing the land we do have out fairly.

I cannot stress enough that it is the Land Value Tax that will restore economic fairness, not the Universal Basic Income. And it follows that introducing a UBI without a LVT would be utterly bonkers- the money will immediately be captured by rent seekers if there's no mechanism to stop them.

On 11/04/2021 at 03:02, DurhamBorn said:

Currency and the way they declare divis,they are yielding 5% on the ADR at the moment i think,Telefonica about 7%.

TIMB have net cash,no debts,i think Telefonica is the same.They are using the cash to buy Oi Groups mobile business.Iv been buying both heavily.I bought some Card Factory at 33p they got sold last week,that went into TIMB and i sliced a few other companies.I want a few more of both,but iv set two ladders rather than simply buy all at these levels.

I think the whole industry outside of the US is structurally undervalued.

I came across these articles for today's homework. Thx for the tips DB

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4417956-top-contrarian-idea-buy-brazil-stocks

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4418552-ignore-and-t-buy-telefonica-brasil

jamtomorrow
5 hours ago, Rave said:

How do you think they'll hide it then, put a bit of camouflage netting over it and then tell the tax man "no land here mate"? :)

Not only could they be used for farming or forestry where that is possible, they mostly will be, because the alternative will be paying tax on an unproductive asset. A Land Value Tax encourages efficient use of land by discouraging hoarding.

As my facetious point above alludes to, the great beauty of LVT is that land cannot be hidden, and so it doesn't matter who owns it. If the owner doesn't pay the tax due on it the government simply requisitions it.

Maybe, but that isn't what's stopping the working man getting ahead- it's being priced out of a home that's doing that. We can always create more stuff, and hence more wealth. We can't create more land, that's why we should have a mechanism for sharing the land we do have out fairly.

I cannot stress enough that it is the Land Value Tax that will restore economic fairness, not the Universal Basic Income. And it follows that introducing a UBI without a LVT would be utterly bonkers- the money will immediately be captured by rent seekers if there's no mechanism to stop them.

So with an LVT, would there be an "allowance" so to speak? Seems like there would need to be some notional untaxed allowance per-citizen or per-household to cover basic housing needs.

I can see that getting "political".

Like, dividing notional value of UK "land" by # households gives roughly £250,000 per household. I found that surprising, seeing as it includes commercial/industrial/agriculutural land in the numerator. I was expecting a bigger number.

Where's a proper Georgist when you need one?

jamtomorrow
7 hours ago, Mapper said:

But he pointed out it was also to get their hands on ANYTHING that was for sale, so they could trade with it later.

Or use it later.

I'm already doing this, and I blame this thread. Ordering a spare part for something or other? And does it look like one of those complex supply chain items? Chances are I'll need another in 2 or 3 years - so order 2 or 3 and carry a bit of stock.

Starting to look like Del boy's flat here.

More seriously, got me wondering whether and how this applies all the way up the scale? Does this spell the end for the just in time mania? Short JIT logistics, long massive f***ing warehouses?

17 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

SO...DON'T haggle!

Actual photo of YRS researching last night

...sorry couldn’t resist 

you’d love it down under the amount of stuff left in the front gardens is amazing, tbh I don’t remember the last time we bought any new household goods

795FD46C-5F3B-4D30-8EA3-1B2803B54C65.jpeg

17 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

SO...DON'T haggle!

Actual photo of YRS researching last night

...sorry couldn’t resist 

you’d love it down under the amount of stuff left in the front gardens is amazing, tbh I don’t remember the last time we bought any new household goods

6 hours ago, Rave said:

So how much does the Queen pay for the 39 acres of Buckingham Palace 
How much does Scarborough pay for his 5000 acre estate  
What about the Aristo land held under the nation trust, or the crown estates.

Proposing an LVT in a country where the majority of the land is owned by an Aristo class who have been claiming rent on it for a millennia and 4/5's of our legal and political system is in place to maintain that status quo, is absurd.

All an LVT would do in a country with a land owning monarchy is add an additional tax burden on to the lower class. And as for don't pay an LVT and the state takes ownership.  Congratulations you've just developed a tool for the landed to take ownership of what little land there is that they don't already own.   

Dissolve the monarchy, repeal the enclosure acts, until then an LVT is an utter fantasy.  

Archived