DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

16 minutes ago, Metalheadz said:

Good 10 minute discussion on the Uranium set up here, starts at 1:41:24.

Curious if anyone is able to buy the new Sprott product in the UK?

I'm holding Cameco and Kazatomprom, but am inclined to buy a whole bunch more U.

I took a small punt on Forsys Metals a Uranium and Gold exploration company and quickly lost over 30% but this week it has erased all of my losses, I shall keep hold of them and enjoy the ride.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Harley said:

That got me looking at Yellow Cake.  What's going on here?  And did they really both start at the same time (Sprott has presumably inherited the data from the acquired Uranium Participation Corp).  Will Yellow Cake play catch-up or are they somehow different?

Capture.thumb.PNG.e514e35c61a93653150642938bf3606c.PNG

Yellow Cake buys and stores Uranium, the other buys Uranium miners.

I got Yellow Cake at 200p and Fission which i bought a 2/3 years ago which is now up 100% (or 200% on kids Junior SIPP). Will buy more if/when it crashes.

Paladin Energy was recommended on here last year, i was waiting for it to hit 10cents. :CryBaby:

https://www.google.com/search?q=paladin+energy+share+price&oq=pa&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j69i59l3j69i60l4.3771j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

11 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Yellow Cake buys and stores Uranium, the other buys Uranium miners.

I got Yellow Cake at 200p and Fission which i bought a 2/3 years ago which is now up 100% (or 200% on kids Junior SIPP). Will buy more if/when it crashes.

Paladin Energy was recommended on here last year, i was waiting for it to hit 10cents. :CryBaby:

https://www.google.com/search?q=paladin+energy+share+price&oq=pa&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j69i59l3j69i60l4.3771j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Sprott Uranium buys uranium, not miners.  GCL buys miners.

1 hour ago, Metalheadz said:

Good 10 minute discussion on the Uranium set up here, starts at 1:41:24.

Curious if anyone is able to buy the new Sprott product in the UK?

I'm holding Cameco and Kazatomprom, but am inclined to buy a whole bunch more U.

Careful Lyn, I just paid good money as a subscriber!

2 hours ago, Harley said:

That got me looking at Yellow Cake.  What's going on here?  And did they really both start at the same time (Sprott has presumably inherited the data from the acquired Uranium Participation Corp).  Will Yellow Cake play catch-up or are they somehow different?

Capture.thumb.PNG.e514e35c61a93653150642938bf3606c.PNG

Yellow cake is lot smaller than Sprott uranium and I bet being on the LSE does it no favors. Plus Sprott is seen as a 'sexy' price driver and is currently aggressively buying so price difference must be a temporary blip? After all uranium is a pure commodity investment so it shouldn't much matter where the pounds are... The obvious conclusion from all these questions is Yellow cake must be a cheap buy!?

7 hours ago, Harley said:

There's a suitable retort there somewhere.....!

Yes, if you are with her and you get erectile dysfunction you say "Sorry, I was thinking about my Centrica shares!" :-)

On 07/09/2021 at 22:13, Phil said:

What does that mean.I realise  it’s a personal thing but wtf does it mean?

Hey Phil

I can only show you the destination, you have to find your own path there.

However, just you help you: the first two lines “Rockets , moonshots. Spend it on the have nots”. Are an obvious reference suggesting Elon and Jeff should have given their space money to Marcus Rashford. The song also distils the wisdom of @DurhamBorn into two lines “Inflation no chance. To increase finance”

Peace.

35 minutes ago, King of Fools said:

Hey Phil

However, just you help you: the first two lines “Rockets , moonshots. Spend it on the have nots”. Are an obvious reference suggesting Elon and Jeff should have given their space money to Marcus Rashford. The song also distils the wisdom of @DurhamBorn into two lines “Inflation no chance. To increase finance”

Peace.

Thank you. 

12 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

Yes. I haven't studied them, but the share price dropped by more than half in March/April 2020, when the market was terrified at the prospect of millions dying! I have (unwittingly) used them and they were very much run by the bean-counters.

DTY went down with everything else in March 2020 and then despite the prospect of more funerals due to covid, they weren't making as much profit per funeral due to covid restrictions. Then in August the CMA review of the funeral sector, which was expected to be bad for DTY, concluded they wouldn't do anything because of covid and the price went up about 50% overnight!

5 hours ago, King of Fools said:

Hey Phil

Peace.

They should let Rashford fuck off to wherever he came from and spend the money on getting to Mars rather than sub welfare scroungers to get their nails done with the money they save from free school meals.The welfare state is why we are where we are.It makes my job easy its that much of a disaster and east to predict.

5 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

DTY went down with everything else in March 2020 and then despite the prospect of more funerals due to covid, they weren't making as much profit per funeral due to covid restrictions. Then in August the CMA review of the funeral sector, which was expected to be bad for DTY, concluded they wouldn't do anything because of covid and the price went up about 50% overnight!

I never knew funerals are traded on the stock market. What a vile society we live in.

China buying UK shares.Look at what its buying,energy,telcos and materials and its selling dollar holdings to buy them ;) Bp ,Shell,Vodafone,BHP and Anglo American.Maybe they think inflation isnt going away.Of course the fact they will be buying lots of LNG etc and are interested in Africa where VOD are big is part of it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/09/11/china-boosts-stake-uk-london-shares-spree/

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

China buying UK shares.Look at what its buying,energy,telcos and materials and its selling dollar holdings to buy them ;) Bp ,Shell,Vodafone,BHP and Anglo American.Maybe they think inflation isnt going away.Of course the fact they will be buying lots of LNG etc and are interested in Africa where VOD are big is part of it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/09/11/china-boosts-stake-uk-london-shares-spree/

Hhmmm........

Screenshot from 2021-09-12 13-39-17.png

On 02/09/2021 at 11:47, Starsend said:

I've been looking at mortgaging my house. I currently own outright and wouldn't normally dream of doing it - but, 1% fixed for 5 years! It seems rude not to.

There are numerous 1% 5 year fixes on the market, most with a £995 fee.

My cunning plan is to take out a mortgage for either £100,000 or £150,000 and put a good chunk of it in 6%+ dividend paying stocks. It seems like a no brainer to me with the obvious risk being a BK. Hoping I can minimise the downside risks by only investing in cheap value stocks. Seems to me like the upside outweighs the downside considerably.

Any thoughts? Am I missing anything? Anybody else planning similar while money is so cheap?

Oh, may also be able to gain 20% immediately on some of by using my full SIPP allowance for the next couple of years.

On 02/09/2021 at 12:49, Don Coglione said:

As I have posted on another thread, I am considering doing exactly this. 0.99% fixed for 5 years, interest-only, £995 fee. Needs care, but having some level of debt is also a hedge against potential forgiveness or a jubilee; nothing would surprise me in today's fucked-up financial world.

Update, with apologies for this perhaps not being the right place to post, but since it started here:

We are not going ahead. No issue with meeting the eligibility criteria, but the bank is very sniffy indeed as to where the money is going to be put to use.

Want to leverage up and buy a massively over-priced big house? No problem!

Fancy treating yourself to a holiday home (not BTL)? Sure!

How about "adding value" to your existing property by extending and renovating? Crack on!

Sorry, you want to take the bank's free money and deploy it outside the ramped UK property market? Fuck off!

I understand that the bank has a vested interest in where its money goes, but if it has first and sole charge on our property and we are asking for less than 50% LTV, why should it care - its money looks secure enough? Unless you want, effectively, to commit mortgage fraud by lying as to the intended use of the funds, then @Starsend's (and my) plan is out of the window.

I concluded that the banks have been "encouraged" to give out money like confetti, but only in continued support of the UK property market.

Don't try to fight this market, kids...

6 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

Update, with apologies for this perhaps not being the right place to post, but since it started here:

We are not going ahead. No issue with meeting the eligibility criteria, but the bank is very sniffy indeed as to where the money is going to be put to use.

How about "adding value" to your existing property by extending and renovating? Crack on!

Sorry, you want to take the bank's free money and deploy it outside the ramped UK property market? Fuck off!

I understand that the bank has a vested interest in where its money goes, but if it has first and sole charge on our property and we are asking for less than 50% LTV, why should it care - its money looks secure enough? Unless you want, effectively, to commit mortgage fraud by lying as to the intended use of the funds, then @Starsend's (and my) plan is out of the window.

I concluded that the banks have been "encouraged" to give out money like confetti, but only in continued support of the UK property market.

Interesting. I'd already thought about this one and was going to tell them it was for a holiday home; I knew they wouldn't be impressed if I said I was going to invest in high yielding dividend stocks.

I have no problem lying to them.

On 10/09/2021 at 10:31, Cattle Prod said:

Lint? Clothes washer? Listen to JD Rockefeller over there with his fancy gadgets, a true DOSBODDER has one of these:

image.png.9bcfc04e073b650b983074b209b71cdf.png

Look at how happy she is! I suggest you all go home and suggest it to your significant others.

Absolutely terrible ergonomics. Why did they design it so she has to bend over like that?

18 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Absolutely terrible ergonomics. Why did they design it so she has to bend over like that?

ive no idea, fridges seem to be designed badly as well;

image.png.d2ea9543e26ed95d789a9fed93e95bf0.png

17 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

One thing you have to keep in mind ,with all this go go propertee BS is that banks are not really lending for housing.

Sure, theres some gormless BS  thatll lend you 60% for a FHL.

But the size of the outstanding mortgage  has been shrinking since 2010.

Banks are not lending out to properdee.

11 hours ago, Starsend said:

Interesting. I'd already thought about this one and was going to tell them it was for a holiday home; I knew they wouldn't be impressed if I said I was going to invest in high yielding dividend stocks.

I have no problem lying to them.

They do. And theyll check.

Theres very very few banks wholl provide a FHL mortgage.

HousePriceMania
On 10/09/2021 at 23:59, JMD said:

That was my initial thoughts also - how could such an epic financial banking secret be kept? But that was just a lapse on my part. You see I am slowly trying to rid myself of fixating on or blaming global conspiacies. It's like @DurhamBornrepeatedly tells us on this thread, the real driver is the economics, and the political ham fisted policies merely attempt to play catchup. I do of course accept that fraud crimes happen, but in the main, instead of grand complicities, I think that most covert actions/policies by tptb are dogma driven, or maybe simply in our specific case that there are tragically so few choices left when capitalism itself has kinda run out of road.                                                                                                                                                                                       Actually - if not going completely off piste - there is a book by Mary Midgely, The Myths we Live By, which does a great job of explaining how/why these 'myth/dogma driven' models of human behaviour have occured throughout history and across all human endeavour, so also useful I think for contextualising our current rather terrifying 'post truth' era!          https://www.amazon.co.uk/Myths-Live-Routledge-Classics-Paperback/dp/0415610249

I have a friend who circulates in fairly high places and he assures me there are no conspiracies, just incompetent people out of touch men and women who base their decisions on their very limited outlook and experiences.

22 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

I have a friend who circulates in fairly high places and he assures me there are no conspiracies, just incompetent people out of touch men and women who base their decisions on their very limited outlook and experiences with some self interest added in for good measure.

That's the way I see it, with my addition. They are not organised or intelligent enough to pull off such a complicated and hidden manipulation. There would be too much disagreement and argument for one thing.

Archived