DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, moneyscam said:

I've just mainlined 1000 Poly into my carotid artery. Should be enough to keep me going till tomorrow.

POLY should be taken as a suppository, for all the good buying them will do now, you might as well shove them up your arse.

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

If the fundamentals of poly haven't changed then all of this is just noise.

They're still making the same product with the same demand.

Not a 'recommendation' that we can money from this share because its sooo volatile and I have no idea how the retail punters will end up.....but I bet someone in Russia is rubbing their hands and hoping to buy this business and many other high dividend, inflation busting, asset interesting businesses.

I guess that's how the rich get richer. 

394p as I type...its up!

1 minute ago, Pip321 said:

Not a 'recommendation' we can money from this share because its sooo volatile and I have no idea how the retail punters will end up.....but I bet someone in Russia is rubbing their hands and hoping to buy this business and many other high dividend, inflation busting, asset interesting businesses.

I guess that's how the rich get richer. 

394p as I type...its up!

I was in at 368p, did I win? Anyone do better? Whatever happens I’ll be selling on the bounce back this afternoon if it materialises.

Yadda yadda yadda
16 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

This thread has become like an Opium den,but poly is your drug of choice :ph34r: ,Im tempted to buy £200  though just to be in the group hug ."The Russian share"

I'm glad I resisted the urge on Friday. Went with Abrdn instead. Phew.

My Gazprom have shit themselves though. Nevermind.

Might end up evens when the miners I have in US open.

Yadda yadda yadda
15 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Swapping it for what?

With whom?

Dollars and me. :Jumping:

Might be a massive buying opportunity if they do sell a big load. I won't be taking much but lots of people will. They'd have to route it via China I suppose but when a bargain is to be had there will be a buyer. Probably a connected buyer, of course but it would spillover into the wider market.

Yadda yadda yadda
16 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

I've just mainlined 1000 Poly into my carotid artery. Should be enough to keep me going till tomorrow.

Not good. That means you've done all the vessels in your arms, legs, feet and belly. Good luck.

25 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

This thread has become like an Opium den,but poly is your drug of choice :ph34r: ,Im tempted to buy £200  though just to be in the group hug ."The Russian share"

Sorry DB, I’ve helped turn it into a day trading speculative crypto thread again.

A10EB493-E077-4FB9-B5CC-A7B3279E8559.gif.46bc87361a632d24fd8d46dc2dcf6552.gif

28 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I will ask them to convert my losses into used kalashnikovs after this shit show is over. I'll then add a post to the prepper thread about how everyone needs one.

Former colleagues on my contractor WhatsApp group all discussing how to disable RUB trading and disconnect Russian Banks from their trading platforms this morning. Sysadmins get twitchy when told to uncheck boxes that have always been checked in production...

reformed nice guy
1 hour ago, BadAlchemy said:

For anyone else holding BASF, they are down 6% this morning.

Some involvement with Nord Stream 2, plus legal issues on top, causing the drop most likely...

I had my ladder set at 50 euros for BASF so I am waiting!

Dear Mr Mug Punter

Unfortunately, we have been unable to proceed with your order to invest in Polymetal International plc at a limit price of 399.99 for the following reason: no market price available, please call the dealing desk to discuss any further orders in this security.

Please note that we deal on a 'fill' or 'kill' basis. In this case we were unable to fill your order due to the reason shown above. This order has now been 'killed' and will not be held for placement at a future time. You may now place this order again online, bearing in mind the reason for this rejection.

If you have any queries regarding this email please contact us at [email protected]

Thank you for using the Hargreaves Lansdown Online Stockbroking Service.

Edit:  Just managed a live trade as if nothing ever happened

26 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I was in at 368p, did I win? Anyone do better? Whatever happens I’ll be selling on the bounce back this afternoon if it materialises.

349 was the best price I could get. Back in profit on those. A shit load down at Freetrade. What's the point of brokers that won't take your money?

At least you expect it with Freetrade. HL sound expensive and shit.

1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

If the war is over soon it could go all 🚀🌛. More defence spending so more money printing.

Now you know how I like a cup and handle and how I see them behind every tree but looking at me charts this morning, they are appearing everywhere so if this does get resolved to a buy, it could indeed be momentous.

We are pawns in the game being played. The western leaders have initiated a media and propaganda war against Russia to try to put as much pressure on Putin as possible.*

Using the financial system (including shares) they have tried to collapse the Russian banks causing bank runs. 

The plan is to make the Russians feel their lives as they knew them are over, Ruble collapses, no flights etc etc. All this to isolate Putin and increase the chances of him making a deal today in the talks.

If this doesn't work (I think Putin was expecting this) and it's not over quickly, we have a problem as these sanctions will very quickly spill over to the energy situation. This then becomes a big own-goal for the West so Putin will be trying to draw this out and wait.

I have no idea what will happen but the amount of shit flying around on Twatter, Media and BB's is insane. 

I am calling peak FUD

* 50 years ago Putin would have more control of the information the population had access to. Now with social media etc the spread is almost instant and uncontrollable.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Dear Mr Mug Punter

Unfortunately, we have been unable to proceed with your order to invest in Polymetal International plc at a limit price of 399.99 for the following reason: no market price available, please call the dealing desk to discuss any further orders in this security.

Please note that we deal on a 'fill' or 'kill' basis. In this case we were unable to fill your order due to the reason shown above. This order has now been 'killed' and will not be held for placement at a future time. You may now place this order again online, bearing in mind the reason for this rejection.

If you have any queries regarding this email please contact us at [email protected]

Thank you for using the Hargreaves Lansdown Online Stockbroking Service.

How's the HL fan club doing out there?  :o

Disclosure:  I own HL so indeed, thank you for using the Hargreaves Lansdown Online Stockbroking Service

56 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Unless it's delisted from London and you just lose everything - or Moscow pulls them.

No idea what the likelyhood of that is but it's got to be a risk given what's going on.

I had a couple of grand in Polymetal, now considerably less. Decided to just leave it and see what happens but wouldn't be surprised to lose the lot.

It's a tough one, you could quadruple your money in under a year or lose 100%. It's trying to work out the chances. If it's 50/50 then a punt is the way to go.

1 hour ago, DoINeedOne said:

ladder-fall.gif

Yea why not, although trying to get a quote is harder work

That's mesmerizing. I keep thinking, surely it's not going to happen again!

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

There could be logistical problems like other Russian firms have said, the railways aren't running normally. I suppose it depends how long the war lasts. I hope they don't put the gold dust in little sacks on donkeys, like they did in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Archived