DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

Chewing Grass

Big Banks in the US are rather cleverly and disingenuously creaming their small rivals out of competition.

• Informative 4

Democorruptcy
11 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Exactly thats the thing.BAT are mostly British and South African though so lets hope they dont bugger off.Im having a bad day,snapped a strut on a pot hole so having to sort that this weekend,BAT might go to the US,and my blood pressure is up on my health MOT ,if i go quiet iv probably passed.

Bad day! My MOT cost £329 today, car insurance £319 yesterday and scammers hit me with a £60 PCN last week (I'm not paying)

Re Dividend Withholding tax with the W-8BEN it's supposed to reduce it to 0% in a SIPP and 15% in an ISA? I'm not sure if you aren't forced to fill one in to buy US shares on HL. Not sure what happens if a UK firm changed to US and you haven't filled a W-8BEN in before, maybe they tell you. Presumably if this investor bloke wants them to move it must make some sense for some reason.

• Informative 2

58 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Exactly thats the thing.BAT are mostly British and South African though so lets hope they dont bugger off.Im having a bad day,snapped a strut on a pot hole so having to sort that this weekend,BAT might go to the US,and my blood pressure is up on my health MOT ,if i go quiet iv probably passed.

Potholes and piles of rubbish bags are the real world revelation of the roadmap. Tick tock everything's fucked.

• Agree 9

Noallegiance
7 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

If your blood pressure is on the cusp, before you go down any medication route, try anti-inflammatory supplements like Curcumin, Ginger and black pepper, Red Krill fish oil, Garlic and Ashwagandha.

The key supplement on top of that is Nattokinase which acts like a safe Aspirin and thins the blood slightly (and dissolves clots etc). 

On the above I’ve had to reduce my standard medication (runs in the family) with the doctor saying I may have to come off them completely in 6 months.

Add to that sea salt, colloidal silver and zero sugar.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

14 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

If your blood pressure is on the cusp, before you go down any medication route, try anti-inflammatory supplements like Curcumin, Ginger and black pepper, Red Krill fish oil, Garlic and Ashwagandha.

The key supplement on top of that is Nattokinase which acts like a safe Aspirin and thins the blood slightly (and dissolves clots etc). 

On the above I’ve had to reduce my standard medication (runs in the family) with the doctor saying I may have to come off them completely in 6 months.

And daily 200mg of Natto derived K2 MK7 supplement - DYOR

• Agree 1

Castlevania

With regards to BAT the proposal by an activist investor is simply to move their primary listing to the NYSE. That has zero impact on dividend withholding taxes.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 7

59 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Cut out shitty carbs would be my advice, and booze, but DB doesn't sound like a big boozer.  The pizza oven might needed to be ebayed. 

• Agree 2
  • Lol 3

Long time lurking

Apparently Saudi are the largest share holders of Credit Suisse

Three guesses where this is all going 

Iran /Saudi re establishing relations 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 2

Red Debt Redemption
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

What size of pothole to do that xD

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Don’t worry Once the 69 million car brains and Karen’s in the UK are unable to afford SUVs and forced to stop dragging 5000lbs of metal over the road each day, the age of the pothole will be OVER!

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

PatronizingGit
5 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

Yellen worried credit will tighten, while simultaneously wanting to lower inflation. Not at all schizophrenic

translation

"tighten credit to the people that matter"

(ie, not you)

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Apparently Saudi are the largest share holders of Credit Suisse

Three guesses where this is all going 

Iran /Saudi re establishing relations 

That could be very interesting for the company I work for. Our region is currently heavily involved with the Saudis but we also have American 'influences'.

Our region is growing based on the current needs of the Saudis... or perhaps we won't be growing at all if there's a big fall out.

In the global scheme of things it's peanuts, not banking related or systemic. Posting for general info.

• Informative 5

PatronizingGit
2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Big Banks in the US are rather cleverly and disingenuously creaming their small rivals out of competition.

I love how, after, rather than before an event, the ratings agencies then downgrade things. 

I didnt see the point of ratings agencies after 2008/9, and I still dont today. They seem to exist purely to repeat what we already know to have happened.

• Agree 8

Long time lurking
7 minutes ago, GoneDark said:

That could be very interesting for the company I work for. Our region is currently heavily involved with the Saudis but we also have American 'influences'.

Our region is growing based on the current needs of the Saudis... or perhaps we won't be growing at all if there's a big fall out.

In the global scheme of things it's peanuts, not banking related or systemic. Posting for general info.

The middle east is going to get very interesting ,it`s be clear for months this was coming 

Asia also entered the game in the last few days via Malaysia 

• Agree 3

Bobthebuilder
6 hours ago, Stuey said:

Everywhere brosif 

Predicted here by absolutely everyone noone.

But roll up roll up, great tips to be found here lolz.

I'd rather bet on Cas v Leeds Rhinos ce soir 

You really are a twat sometimes.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking
26 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

translation

"tighten credit to the people that matter"

(ie, not you)

Remove everything credit related from western GDP numbers and we would be up there with third world countries 

It matters 

• Agree 5