DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 5)

spunko

4 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Im down from all time high across all portfolios 4.3% and about half down through these falls compared to the market,that im pleased with.I trimmed some holdings a few weeks ago and im now increasing some others.Areas i want more of have come down some as well.I can now slowly add more,and divis flowing in  buy me more future income.The best advice when the markets are like this is go and do something else.The market thinks we are heading for deflation and selling off,but it will be very very short lived,the structural drivers are and remain reflation.Market will shake out weak hands like it always does,then will go off to the races.

Anything you are considering buying?

2 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Wow :o - 2 TRILLION as in $2,000,000,000,000

"BOGGED Emote Meme" Poster for Sale by KingClothes | Redbubble

• Bogged 3
  • Lol 4

sancho panza
6 hours ago, Alifelessbinary said:

While I agree that the Swiss are no longer the gold standard of Tax Havens. What are the alternatives?

Physical gold.

I say that as someone who didn't used to be a goldbug until 2018.Lesson learned.

I also think the Western alliance will crumble under sustained pressure from declining dipsoable incomes.

The West has really shot itself in the foot with it's geopolitical moves over the last year.

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Roadmap flagged it,collapse without some QE,hyperinflation without increased rates,so both needed.Seemed ludicrous,but the numbers were right.Its pretty much the fact that government cant or wont cut spending so they need to take it all from past savings,ie gilts etc.Those have seen 35% lost with inflation i think,my model showed around that level needed.The liquidity now would stop those institutions going under.They have lost the money inflation adjusted still,just they can keep going.The next stage of the cycle will likely see the onshoring speed up.The end result a multi polar world as we suspected.Whatever the markets say now,i want more and more of things that can at least get close to inflation in price increases.I see that as crucial.Growth stocks etc still look hugely exposed to continue down.Governments will allow big funds etc to invest in real assets next.They want bonds to lose value due to inflation while they backstop the institutions.

Spot on preditcion DB.

ref that second bit,over last few days,I've sold up rolls royce,Wood group,Petrofac and newcrest and been buying EM's eg HBRL(thank you @honkydonkey), more SEDY(£11BRLA and BAT's.

Jsutnoticed the oilies are 15% down.BP at 475...Harbour 240.....petrobas$9.81

Was hoping for a down few days to get the newcrest moeny back in that market,so fingers crossed.

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 3

sancho panza
6 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Thanks for that. I wasn't suggesting you bought the dip, just wondered about another of my cash ISA's. However like I've said before those people at the FSCS are great and I've always liked them.

AS long as you stay under the allowance itll be fine imho dyor natch.I don't foresee a situtaion where sterling holders at a UK institution get bailed in.I jsut don't.

I wouldn't want to have a mrotgage or credit card with them.And I defintiely wouldn't want to be a shareholder.

Always amazes me how they hide the relvant business specific stuff after 50 pages of ESG/diversity bollocks.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Long time lurking
9 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Wow :o - 2 TRILLION as in $2,000,000,000,000

It`s a sticking plaster and a small one at best 

• Agree 2

belfastchild
15 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Thanks for that. I wasn't suggesting you bought the dip, just wondered about another of my cash ISA's. However like I've said before those people at the FSCS are great and I've always liked them.

Someone on here asked me a while ago why Id only gone for a one year fixed cash isa with them, there you have it.
Always do have my suspicions about these places offering 'market leading' rates.

As for the 2 trillion. Is that street value? They will be raising the debt ceiling weekly soon!

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

27 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Not altogether surprising but it'll be interesting to see if he can hold things together until the end of his mandate.

It looks like he prefers this approach to doing anything dramatic on welfare spending. He must know the problem with another round of QE is we're staring down the barrel of sovereign defaults in major economies. Propping up SocGen et al may not be feasible in the absence of this reform, but it may not be feasible with it either.

• Informative 1
  • Bogged 1

jamtomorrow
50 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

I understand why some would hold back from this marekt TC but I think there's a buying opportunity here imho but it's not for the faint hearted

I hear pinging sounds coming from the rungs of my EM ladders, so I think it's feeding time

• Lol 2

Les chefs de LR,dont Retailleau, étaient très inquiets ce matin car tout indiquait que la réforme des retraites serait rejetée. Macron affolé sort donc le 49-3,ce qui va entraîner une motion de censure. Si celle-ci est votée, Borne tombe.

So if the motion de censure passes, the Prime Minister could be brought down after only ten months in office. As it's Macron himself who opted for the use of 49.3, his position doesn't look so secure either.

All closely related to the room they'll have for any bailouts and QE. More calls for greater fiscal union in the Eurozone today too, I suspect that reflects an awareness that the model is disintegrating.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Miners down, gold levelling and banks on a rally. So we were wrong….they were right, nothing to see here and Western Financial systems and economies are strong and will prevail.

I love the Bloomberg type narratives from economists who live in the moment (literally hour by hour) and fall from euphoria to despair in half a day.

Fres back on the radar for another cheeky slice (would hold much more if they had a decent divi). Some others too ie N91 looks nice and whilst it’s far from a ‘tip’ MNG seems to have been battered. Treading cautiously though. 

However think some EMs and PMs funds (already mentioned in this thread) are now back on the list.👍🏻 

Edited by Pip321
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
31 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Miners down, gold levelling and banks on a rally. So we were wrong….they were right, nothing to see here and Western Financial systems and economies are strong and will prevail.

I love the Bloomberg type narratives from economists who live in the moment (literally hour by hour) and fall from euphoria to despair in half a day.

Fres back on the radar for another cheeky slice (would hold much more if they had a decent divi). Some others too ie N91 looks nice and whilst it’s far from a ‘tip’ MNG seems to have been battered. Treading cautiously though. 

However think some EMs and PMs funds (already mentioned in this thread) are now back on the list.👍🏻 

MNG Ex Dividend today

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nirvana said:

where?

wamic1269259657_omg_cat.gif

Everywhere brosif 

Predicted here by absolutely everyone noone.

But roll up roll up, great tips to be found here lolz.

I'd rather bet on Cas v Leeds Rhinos ce soir 

Edited by Stuey
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Vomit 2