DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

Bien Pensant
11 hours ago, PETR4 said:

Fuck me, the cope is strong with this one!

Utter bullshit.

But, I guess it's what his audience is desperate to hear - essentially that Russia is collapsing and that America is a "democracy", which is why it will be able to keep running the world via its tech companies, despite having no other assets, not even unity.

Edited by Bien Pensant
  • Agree 5

11 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

thought Natwest was getting into rented properties, surely they need a supply of properties with distressed sellers

No.

Scot Widows it is looking at built to rent blocks, as a life hedge.

NW and all large  life cos looking at this *HAVE NO INTEREST IN INDIVIDUAL HOUSES*

Its looking likely that thee blocks will replace old shopping centres and commercial property/office that the lifecos can no longer get a yield from.

Distressed IO BTL houses are going to FTBS are a knock down price.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3

7 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/city-investors-land-grab-rental-175757511.html

Blackrock in the US, pension funds over here. The corporate landlords are beginning sweep up. BTR is where it’s all going, getting the plebs to live life on a subscription model is the long term goal.

No.

Built to rent will offer young people a ~10y period of renting in a cheapish, central location inthe larger cities.

The Buy to let fuckw its will be destroyed.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Wight Flight
40 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No.

Scot Widows it is looking at built to rent blocks, as a life hedge.

NW and all large  life cos looking at this *HAVE NO INTEREST IN INDIVIDUAL HOUSES*

Its looking likely that thee blocks will replace old shopping centres and commercial property/office that the lifecos can no longer get a yield from.

Distressed IO BTL houses are going to FTBS are a knock down price.

I have some experience of the US corporate BTR model.

I would welcome it here.

• Agree 4

Wight Flight
Just now, spygirl said:

No.

Built to rent will offer young people a ~10y period of renting in a cheapish, central location inthe larger cities.

Agreed.

And when a landlord has 200 properties in a complex to rent they care very much about their reputation, and the reputation of that complex.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

25 minutes ago, baffledbyzirp said:

The discussion reminds me of the apocryphal story about a German soldier captured during World War 1 who had eaten his own leg. Obviously he was incapable of running away. 

@DurhamBorn uses his model to suggest the direction of travel and the pace of change. My sense is that the speed of change is increasing as we approach the point of collapse, similar to circling the abyss before being suddenly consumed e.g. a black hole or whirlpool. We are eating next year's seed corn at a furious rate and, as the pile diminishes, our appetite grows. The steepening curve is a mathematical inevitability, a standard exponential rate acceleration. 

The malaise the world currently faces is directly attributable to the repudiation of the USD$ gold standard by Nixon in 1971. Unrestrained by the physical limitations of gold, the US embarked on a spending spree that effectively stole the earnings of future generations. When the Neocons gained ascendancy the model was exported around the world. Under the auspices of Greenspan and Clinton, regulations were further eroded and the cost of risk was fundamentally under-priced to encouraged ever greater folly. Governments have no options. It is check mate in two moves. We have run out of virgin ground to export the vile exploitative ideology to.

All the measures introduced in response to the Great Depression to prevent such a phenomenon ever reoccurring were systematically dismantled. Guess what? We are now on the threshold of an economic shock that will dwarf the Great Depression.

The real worry for me is systemic; the price and availability of food next winter will cause famine in Africa and the Middle East. Countries still suffering the hang over caused by American imperialism will be hit particularly hard viz Afghanistan, Syria, and Iraq. Facing a choice between starvation and emigration desperate people will be forced to seek sanctuary in Europe. The push north from Africa and West from the Middle East/ Asia will be immense. 

The system faces entropy which will be manifested in civil unrest and social disintegration. Hungry people tend not to believe in the self-serving agitprop of the ruling classes who are insulated from the consequences of their greed by familial wealth embezzled over centuries and ringfenced by legislation. All bets are off. We return to a quieter, poorer, local, proportionate, self-reliant society.

Sorry to be so joyful on Monday morning. On a positive note if the shit hits the fan DB's SEDY shares might rocket. GLA and enjoy the week.

Putin actually said he would do this to the west. We should throw the towel in

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

PatronizingGit
8 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

My youngest daughter is 21 and onto baby number 3,i think she will have 5,she is with a gypsy though.These lot are global commies,but its likely they will be removed at some point.It would stop monday if nobody went to work.

Would it though? South africa, massive unemployment, 90% get more in gibs than they pay in. The country staggers on.

Seems by design the whole west is headed that way. 

• Agree 1

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker

"House prices FALL as rising mortgage rates keep buyers away"

giphy.gif

...AND whats this?

Cuntishi Says: "No extra mortgage support for homeowners!"

ALL chirpy this morning!xD

• Agree 2
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 8

23 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

"House prices FALL as rising mortgage rates keep buyers away"

giphy.gif

...AND whats this?

Cuntishi Says: "No extra mortgage support for homeowners!"

ALL chirpy this morning!xD

All we need now is .50 % by weekend 

• Agree 4
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

No.

Yessss….yessss

They won’t need a car either….goooood

Less than 15 minutes away from any convenience…. Yessss

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/climate-authoritarianism-wef-wants-75-less-private-car-owners-2050?ref=biztoc.com

9DAB9674-E868-42CC-958D-FEC7E420CFC0.jpeg.ffba9f9e64f096868efb0721c470c8f5.jpeg

2A54336A-9325-4DD9-82B5-4E1BDB362E90.gif.abd9c68d6f5598757c8dd8918b6431d7.gif

0775D776-A8DB-4322-B842-D843F67E8A04.gif.c2985e69a5721b99ec792cff9e715031.gif

• Lol 6

1 hour ago, PatronizingGit said:

Would it though? South africa, massive unemployment, 90% get more in gibs than they pay in. The country staggers on.

Seems by design the whole west is headed that way. 

The chances for and scale of embezzlement are both probably higher overall for the SA elite than here.

59 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Thats right,think Premier Inns model for the big boys going into rental.Same fixtures,fittings,a few standard designs etc.Thats how you do it to keep costs etc down and be able to run a real rental business.

I have watched one go up, the rooms were prefab with all the internal fittings and then stacked on site like shipping containers. A Brick and render facade was added (and presumably connecting up the pipes/wires etc) then it was all done within a few weeks.

I assume they are ~50 year lifespan and have little scope for redevelopment without starting over, but they must not care.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
12 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Includes UK that earn over seas etc as well.....I only really own BT now that makes almost all here,but at least the telcos should index link,Turkcell for instance protected Turks very well from high inflation (and some of us).

SIR ...can i temp ya with National Express ?

its cheap but could get CHEAPER...maybe retest 79pxD

...thoughts?

nex.jpg.f3a2e6a611b3c49f8b1d15b988e14117.jpg

Edited by Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
  • Informative 2