DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

Chewing Grass
11 hours ago, stoobs said:

Looks like one of our coal-fired power stations is now back as a full-time operation.

From https://www.nationalgrideso.com/news/eso-sets-out-early-expectations-winter

They cranked the Bullshit Generator up to 11 to cover that one.

Sneaking in on the right at 350MW in summer.

Screenshotfrom2023-06-1817-47-35.png.7a83afd15d9274b730dcd177000022aa.png

Perhaps they've realised its the only way to keep bills down a bit, probably regretting shutting 2GW of coal capacity last summer now.

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Agree 4

22 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

So the message from the EU is degrowth being the new agenda……redistribution of wealth etc. Must be Carbon neutral otherwise we all will be dead by the end of the week etc. Also the message is we can’t run a world on a finite resource  

Is it that some countries are fucked because they don’t own the black stuff. Also the ‘sand people’ and those from the ‘um click’ ‘um bongo bongo’ countries are starting to realise who actually owns energy and commodities (ie they do) and that where true wealth lies. 

So is the real message from the EU/UK is that we have had a great 60/70 years or so but we can’t use fossil fuels indefinitely because as supply diminishes it is shifting the real power elsewhere in the world. Oh, but we can put sewerage into rivers and kill the environment but that’s ok because we don’t actually care because this is all about it power, energy and control?

@Cattle Prod genuine question….could the carbon neutral agenda really about a self realisation that power is shifting and some countries are no longer willing to let the West help themselves (directly and indirectly) to their finite resource. Particularly when the West are paying using an infinite supply of fiat. As I say….particularly if we factor in that these virtue signally messages seemingly ignore ‘acceptable forms of pollution’ 

Don't get me wrong….no one should be wasteful, use more than the need or throw plastic into the sea and being kind to the environment is a good thing……it’s the rise of the massive political green agenda I am suspicious of. 

Edited by Pip321
  • Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PETR4 said:

Some youtube videos I watched to share with the thread:

22m 50s. TLDW: The high life of a Youtube influencer in Dubai. All credit to anyone who pull off being a Youtube influencer. I think this is a good example of a new economy job. They didn't exist when I was young!

14m 58s TLDW: A selection of examples of why South Africa is in an economic mess. Notably doesn't have a remedying prognosis :(

Also 14m 58s TLDW: Why techonology and those who own it will be the next Superpower.

Youtube influencers living in Dubai are mostly prostitutes. That's both the men and women. 

Definitely not a new economy job 

• Agree 6
  • Lol 1

leonardratso
1 minute ago, Joxer said:

Youtube influencers living in Dubai are mostly prostitutes. That's both the men and women. 

Definitely not a new economy job 

porta potty ones?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

3 hours ago, montecristo said:

Split in the camp?

Bit wary about the word “direct” here. Could be interpreted as direct handouts not being an option but being able to pay your mortgage before your tax, as per a current petition argues, is being considered (indirect help?)

• Informative 1

Eventually Right
40 minutes ago, headrow said:

As someone who has lived in the same house for 33 years I'll be fucking fuming if they started giving handouts to mortgage holders. Force them to downsize is the obvious solution , the crazy solution is asking me ,the tax payer, to subsidise their nonsense.

It's thoroughly depressing as somebody who has never claimed anything and seeing people who won't help themselves wanting a bit of my fucking pie. I honestly feel like I am at war with our politicians , so fucking tiresome.

I’d be truly shocked if they started giving out handouts-pressure on the banks to not repossess I think is a given, but actual taxpayer payments to mortgage holders?

I can’t see it-the (righteous) fury of renters would be too much.

• Agree 6

Eventually Right
4 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Bit wary about the word “direct” here. Could be interpreted as direct handouts not being an option but being able to pay your mortgage before your tax, as per a current petition argues, is being considered (indirect help?)

Surely the question that would be asked endlessly of the government from renters would be:

”why can’t I pay my rent out of pre-tax income?”

Hell, maybe they’ll do both, 12 month temporary MIRAS and RIRAS scheme…

• Agree 2
  • Vomit 2

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Eventually Right said:

Surely the question that would be asked endlessly of the government from renters would be:

and your travel to work costs.

The only way the government fixes anything is if its costing them tax receipts.

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, Eventually Right said:

Temporary :Jumping:

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4

M S E Refugee

Could the Government not exchange the mortgage debt for equity and charge a percentage as rent or am I being obtuse?

• Agree 3

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

500k mortgage and they can't afford a 450/m bump - thats 225/m each, 60/w extra each.

I night each working at KFC should cover that.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Wight Flight said:

I night each working at KFC should cover that.

He could deliveroo Friday teatime.

She could deliveroo Saturday teatime.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

Eventually Right
14 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Temporary :Jumping:

I should have put Temporary in quotation marks.

Although I’m not sure the gilt markets would tolerate that long term, unless the rest of the world followed suit? 

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

They cranked the Bullshit Generator up to 11 to cover that one.

Sneaking in on the right at 350MW in summer.

Screenshotfrom2023-06-1817-47-35.png.7a83afd15d9274b730dcd177000022aa.png

Perhaps they've realised its the only way to keep bills down a bit, probably regretting shutting 2GW of coal capacity last summer now.

West Burton actually held on until March this year, no doubt they have put some sledgehammers through the boilers/turbines by now to make sure it never emits another gram of C02.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

You could say that 'bringing democracy to Iraq' was the last throw of the dice, and since that didn't work (in the West's favour) they are going for Net Zero next to condition us to getting pooer and not growing. I'm not sure they've thought through what that means for debt based fiat currency mind you.

In simple terms they are lying to us yet again to kick the lynching can down the road.

• Agree 6

ashestoashes
3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

thought Natwest was getting into rented properties, surely they need a supply of properties with distressed sellers

• Agree 3