DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

crashmonitor

Another video from Maneco64, central bankers, the debasement of currency to pay Government debt ( ie. the debt created to pay Bennies and keep the moaning masses happy), the forthcoming House price crash. And Brexit is a convenient scapegoat for the globalist left he reckons 

Edited by crashmonitor
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Doesn't worry me, its all just weasel words and no action IMO.

Help for people struggling with their mortgages is being kept "under review", cabinet minister Michael Gove has said. But any financial assistance would be a decision for the Treasury, he told Laura Kuennsberg. He also warned any help similar to Covid or energy bill schemes risked driving up interest rates further. The BBC understands that the Treasury has no current plans to give mortgage relief.

Linked within the article is this from the Sunday Times today:

Jeremy Hunt rules out Covid-style handouts for struggling homeowners

it is a one-two pass-the-buck job IMO.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Fucking fantastic 

• Agree 6

Wight Flight
51 minutes ago, Nomad said:

WTAF?

David Husbands, 43, a property valuer from Chester-le-Street in County Durham, said his rising mortgage payments are "crippling" him.

His payments have gone from about £300 per month in early 2022 to more than £600.

"Because interest rates have gone sky high I'm lucky if I'm left with £100 to live off at the end of each month," he said. "I've had to take on extra casual work elsewhere."

He is finding the situation "exhausting" and "very stressful", finishing work at 5:30pm, then doing gigs as a casual DJ until midnight.

• Agree 3
  • Bogged 4
  • Lol 7

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Nobody needs mortgage relief, they just need to sell up and get something they can afford. If everyone does that the 'trickle down effect' will solve the problem.

Too many people have had it too good on easy credit for too long with the side effects being that a minority have gotten a very easy life out of exploiting them.

I look round where I live and their are plenty of thirtysomethings living well beyond their means on credit.

Told my mate in Telford to knock everything he has in the bank off his interest only morgage except for 1k to live on.he won’t he wants 10k for emergency’s 

Edited by King Penda
  • Informative 1

Animal Spirits
19 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Archive link:

https://archive.ph/ijSPU

• Cheers 1

montecristo
6 minutes ago, King Penda said:

A lesson needs to be learnt by the public and it’s simply the fact that we can’t expect to be bailed out constantly.we also need to learn to fear debt again.these people were also stress tested against interest rates rises.an increase of .25% will also get me around £9.50 extra in interest a month .

Yep,  lets see as there will be a media onslaught now. Just like there was about hiking benefits in line with inflation.

• Agree 5

Just now, montecristo said:

Yep,  lets see as there will be a media onslaught now. Just like there was about hiking benefits in line with inflation.

Well next year could see another 8% which will mean an identical rise in minimum wage

4 minutes ago, montecristo said:

It will be interesting if Labour pile in or not. Sure they could win the GE next November very easily be promising unlimited handouts, but would they actually be allowed to do it and crash the pound/economy in the process? I suspect they will hedge their bets by carping about the need for govt to do "something" but not get specific.

• Agree 4

Some youtube videos I watched to share with the thread:

22m 50s. TLDW: The high life of a Youtube influencer in Dubai. All credit to anyone who pull off being a Youtube influencer. I think this is a good example of a new economy job. They didn't exist when I was young!

14m 58s TLDW: A selection of examples of why South Africa is in an economic mess. Notably doesn't have a remedying prognosis :(

Also 14m 58s TLDW: Why techonology and those who own it will be the next Superpower.

• Informative 5
  • Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Bien Pensant said:

Literally Atlas Shrugged.

Yes, and in regard to those quiet quiters you reference, my own shoulders begun to twitch during Convid.

Of course very much not implying I'm an Atlas - at best perhaps more like a Hephaestus - the ugly and crippled god of artisans and craftsmen (interestingly, unlike most of the Greek gods, he remained honourable and wise)...  In fact, sounds a prime candidate for adoption by this thread and maybe should become our Dosbod Deity !?!

Edited by JMD
  • Informative 6
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Notice massive demand for mortgage bailouts now.If they do,collapse will come quickly.Their whole world view is destroying itself.

Not quoting the relevant bit, but suffice to say, as a Springsteen fan, the last verse of his 2012 song Jack of all Trades just came to mind.

Lyrics here if the video doesn’t appear: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/brucespringsteen/jackofalltrades.html

Yadda yadda yadda
28 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

@Lightscribe looked at the chart with Havering ate the top of the pile with 8% bad mortgages and wondered it it was the New Build Capital of Greater London.

No. It is the shithole capital of London. The new build shithole capital of London is probably Croydon. Possibly Stratford, which is I think Newham and one in from Havering.

• Informative 3