DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

Red Debt Redemption
On 15/06/2023 at 19:15, Plan-b said:

Fossil fuels the greatest bargain discovery for all of history its the only reason the modern world exists, the surplus energy created has enabled man to pursue science and learning and much more without having to produce anything in return for the energy invested.

When its gone it will take a while but eventually it'll be like a return to the dark ages because of the loss of a myriad materials produced from fossil fuels cannot be made any other way.

The planet cannot support anything like the current world population without Fossil Fuels.

The loss will be catastrophic.

When? This record gets played and played and played and played but no one gives a refund.

VeryMeanReversion
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I think us basement dwellers need to consider a rendezvous point online for if this forum goes offline 

A few of us are meeting up in real life now. Small meeting at York tomorrow, Cambridge end of July.

Look how easy it was to cancel people on twitter, YouTube etc. Simple job to remove dosbods from the internet.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 4
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Not intentionally sorry, just there's some controversial topics and internet authoritarianism isn't going to go away.  At least what's discussed here is safe (Until it gets classed as misinformation xD )

Its not safe really though because the basement is available to view for anyone whether they are signed into dosbods or not.

Its easy to forget that fact sometimes when most of this site is only open to signed in members.

Edited by Plan-b
  • Vomit 1

25 minutes ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

A few of us are meeting up in real life now. Small meeting at York tomorrow, Cambridge end of July.

Look how easy it was to cancel people on twitter, YouTube etc. Simple job to remove dosbods from the internet.

Agree, Controversial chat should go to that special place. (dont say it's name!)

Edited by Plan-b
  • Lol 1

Yadda yadda yadda
42 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Lyn Alden does a neat thread tieing up some ideas. Nothing "new" but links some things up in ways I hadn't connected.

It seems to tie into @DurhamBorn's systemic collapse thesis, govt spending needs to shrink or inflation will rocket (US in this case, but same principle as the UK).

One stand out chart IMO is:

Loan creation has already rolled over, while fiscal defecit is climbing again after the post COVID decline. Interest rates have likely done all they can do, and now only cutting govt spending can prevent a resurgence of inflation.

Surely it should be as simple as some of the better known posters keeping their usernames on any new board (assuming it is google indexed). 

I found this site by searching for durhamborn.

Edited by Yadda yadda yadda
  • Agree 5
  • Lol 1

Noallegiance
5 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

To be honest I think a lot of them didn't.

It's been the "moron get rich" trade for my generation.

Thing is, I can't tell the difference between ignorance and innocence.

• Lol 1

3 hours ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

When? This record gets played and played and played and played but no one gives a refund.

You know the refund policy

• Lol 2

1 hour ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

In yellow like a reduced sticker so that it grabs our attention.

Waste food grabs my attention the chef at the carehome is now leaving the nightshift meals out .it was fish and chips last night 2 fish for me has one of my colleagues does not like fish .he even left me some cottage pie to take home.no doubt this will stop if management find out .

EFC314D6-46C6-446A-B820-02058CB60481.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Cheers 7

Red Debt Redemption
8 hours ago, Loki said:

I think us basement dwellers need to consider a rendezvous point online for if this forum goes offline 

7bdc3143b6a5c89b8e5c098c933020ae.jpg.67ccdfef08f920c3a5a2689b2e627687.jpg

• Love / Hugz 2
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Replying to my own post that almost looks like digital signal from 0 ground to 5volts in that scale.

Probably best not to state the rise time in ms in this case though.

https://twitter.com/stats_feed/status/1670084894112854018?s=61&t=Kfz_uEr4xptbl2MzTjL9EA

BRICS membership (GDP):

🇧🇷 Brazil: $2.08 trillion 
🇷🇺 Russia: $2.06 trillion
🇮🇳 India: $3.74 trillion 
🇨🇳 China: $19.37 trillion 
🇿🇦 South Africa: $399 billion

Applied for membership:

🇩🇿 Algeria: $206 billion
🇦🇷 Argentina: $641 billion 
🇧🇭 Bahrain: $44 billion
🇪🇬 Egypt: $387 billion
🇮🇩 Indonesia: $1.39 trillion 
🇮🇷 Iran: $367 billion
🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia: $1.06 trillion
🇦🇪 UAE: $499 billion

Total: $32.24 trillion

• Informative 4

AlfredTheLittle
4 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Surprised to see Indonesian GDP a far bit ahead of the likes of Saudi Arabia

It's a huge country, I think third biggest after China and India.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1