DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

Bobthebuilder
29 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

When its gone it will take a while but eventually it'll be like a return to the dark ages because of the loss of a myriad materials produced from fossil fuels cannot be made any other way.

The planet cannot support anything like the current world population without Fossil Fuels.

The loss will be catastrophic.

This is why I post so many Jack Hargreaves videos, and talk about Anglo Saxons so much, because we are heading back to the horse and plough from the middle ages, its inevitable.

• Agree 9
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

This is why I post so many Jack Hargreaves videos, and talk about Anglo Saxons so much, because we are heading back to the horse and plough from the middle ages, its inevitable.

I really like those Vids, I think I'll hunt them down and get them downloaded.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

we are heading back to the horse and plough from the middle ages, its inevitable.

You know that if that happens, that is it for our species? There could never be another industrial revolution, as there would never be enough energy accesible to a pre-industrial society to start one. Humans would never settle new worlds, we would just dead-end scrabbling about in the mud until eventually going extinct as a single planet species.

That would be the most depressing thing imaginable, I would honestly rather we go extinct in a plague or full scale nuclear missile exchange. What would be the point of anything?

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

You know that if that happens, that is it for our species? There could never be another industrial revolution, as there would never be enough energy accesible to a pre-industrial society to start one. Humans would never settle new worlds, we would just dead-end scrabbling about in the mud until eventually going extinct as a single planet species.

That would be the most depressing thing imaginable, I would honestly rather we go extinct in a plague or full scale nuclear missile exchange. What would be the point of anything?

You're not thinking in cycles :Beer:

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Be rather ironic if NW had 'issues' when their 'fixed rate' came to an end and couldn't meet their new payments...like some of their customers will have with a similar scenario!

Feels like the whole country is a ‘buy now pay later’ scam these days..

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Feels like the whole country is a ‘buy now pay later’ scam these days..

The interest free credit is a memory though 

• Agree 4

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Now I understand my visit to Brooklands a bit better, how all that stuff could be invented designed and built in England a few short years ago. The PPE politicians inherited a nation of tinkerers, inventors, engineers and utterly fucking wrecked it. They even take the piss out of James Dyson for supporting Brexit it makes you fit to be tied 😬😬😬

My FIL and his father worked for Hawker Sidley at Brooklands.

Interesting stories.

• Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Loki said:

You're not thinking in cycles :Beer:

If we regress to fully non-industrial, there can never be a cycle - All the remaining energy sources on the planet are only accessible to an industrial society. The Romans never utilised oil or machines etc, hence even when their civilisation shrank a cycle later it could be eclipsed.

Bleak to think about. The idea that dark ages people could only concieve of Roman viaducts etc having been built by giants always seeemed like cope to me, the truth IMO is that few minds could handle seeing what past people were capable of and comparing it to subsistence farming etc - It would just be crushing despair.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

16 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

If we regress to fully non-industrial, there can never be a cycle - All the remaining energy sources on the planet are only accessible to an industrial society. The Romans never utilised oil or machines etc, hence even when their civilisation shrank a cycle later it could be eclipsed.

Bleak to think about. The idea that dark ages people could only concieve of Roman viaducts etc having been built by giants always seeemed like cope to me, the truth IMO is that few minds could handle seeing what past people were capable of and comparing it to subsistence farming etc - It would just be crushing despair.

Of course there can, how did the oil get there in the first place?  Depending on what theory you believe.  Both still work. A big wave comes, buries a load of organic matter, a few humans survive, and off we go again

• Lol 3

1 minute ago, Loki said:

Of course there can, how did the oil get there in the first place?  Depending on what theory you believe.  Both still work. A big wave comes, buries a load of organic matter, a few humans survive, and off we go again

That is an incredibly long cycleO.o.

• Agree 4

CannonFodder
55 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Be like this

Edit - thinking about this - likely we will have the standard of life of somali as we did in 1750.

A few elites will have all the toys they have now - maybe like the movie elysium

Your scions may marvel at a stainless steel saucepan handed down the generations

Fyr97nZWYAEvlFq.png.74a5fcc8067395d98be53dc1d5c21245.png

Edited by CannonFodder
  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

Who would miss us?

• Agree 4

Alifelessbinary
1 hour ago, CannonFodder said:

On a lighter note

That’s the first time I’ve seen an AI generated propaganda video. As someone who’s obsessed with the AI revolution unfolding I expect twitter to become a constant stream of such material moving forward from all nations and political classes. The information war is now AI powered and it’s frighteningly easy to create such things.

We are moving from a position where knowledge was power, to knowledge overload. The key skill moving forward will be ensuring people can analyse, filter and assess information.

So many things are about to change, but governments are going to love their new found power to manipulate and control.

• Agree 7
  • Cheers 1