DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

leonardratso
3 minutes ago, JMD said:

Yes, but did you notice the state of his fingernails?!

He's probably got a job down a mine, or a builder. Its definately not from having sex with goats anus's (anusi?). I doubt hes from stoke.

• Lol 3

18 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

An entirely predictable end to a scheme that could only have attracted financing during the easy-money fever dream:

Pioneering electric plane shelved as batteries only last a few hundred flights

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pioneering-electric-plane-shelved-batteries-141234706.html

Surely the green 'technical' solution is to just find a way of changing the batteries mid-flight. After all that's what some of the military planes do when they require topping up with filthy-aviation-fuel.

Actually it reminds me of a story from couple months back about the RAF investigating how to use bio-fuels in their cargo planes. They admitted the cost was 5X compared to standard fuel but said they were commited to finding green sustainable solutions. 

Edited by JMD
  • Lol 6

25 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I'm in London to see Hans Zimmer, it's like Sodom and Gomorrah.

Look at this weird Cunt wearing high heels, I bet he's a they/them.

20230615_155141.thumb.jpg.ce8aabd08399d10b6e1d23141fab3ac1.jpg

I'm impressed by the gunt on stripey dress

• Lol 2

27 minutes ago, JMD said:

Surely the green 'technical' solution is to just find a way of changing the batteries mid-flight. After all that's what some of the military planes do when they require topping up with filthy-aviation-fuel.

Flying power banks?

• Lol 1

Castlevania
1 hour ago, montecristo said:

You're incorrect. 

https://www.unbiased.co.uk/discover/tax-business/running-a-business/contributing-to-your-pension-via-a-limited-company-explained

edit: 60k allowance now.

How much can my company contribute to my pension as a company director?

Unlike personal contributions, there’s no limit on what the company is allowed to pay into your pension and obtain tax relief, providing it meets HMRC’s ‘wholly and exclusively’ test. Employer contributions are also not limited to your relevant UK earnings, but do count towards your annual allowance, which is currently £40,000.

Ah ok so you can pay any amount, but you can’t get tax relief above your earnings or £60k threshold whichever is highest. Your company can save corporation tax though.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

AlfredTheLittle
21 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Ah ok so you can pay any amount, but you can’t get tax relief above your earnings or £60k threshold whichever is highest. Your company can save corporation tax though.

Yes, but you don't need tax relief on it because it's never taxed in the first place - co. pays it into your pension, you never pay tax on the amount paid in, and the co. doesn't pay tax on it either because it can deduct it as an expense. Because it's not taxed in the first place, it also gets NI relief, which post-tax contributions don't get.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2

2 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

NS and I

Wouldn't have my money anywhere else

Have you read the Trustpilot reviews?  I am not confident you could get access to your money in a reasonably quick time!

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

An entirely predictable end to a scheme that could only have attracted financing during the easy-money fever dream:

Pioneering electric plane shelved as batteries only last a few hundred flights

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pioneering-electric-plane-shelved-batteries-141234706.html

Meanwhile its business as usual for the green aviation scamsters elsewhere looking for 'investment money'.

Screenshotfrom2023-06-1517-19-05.png.4aada9f3e3b5840e321258e1b3e06fe1.pngScreenshotfrom2023-06-1517-19-42.png.9d89d2588d03c50337c1f99497418691.pngScreenshotfrom2023-06-1517-20-42.png.d0e122dfaaf9fe00e191c6adfde05eb8.png

• Bogged 1
  • Lol 4

7 hours ago, sancho panza said:

All banks/BS's have liabilities skewed much shroter than assets, ie they borrow for 0-3 years(mainly shorter end in terms of depositis) and lend fixed for 5 and then variable thereafter.

Be rather ironic if NW had 'issues' when their 'fixed rate' came to an end and couldn't meet their new payments...like some of their customers will have with a similar scenario!

Edited by MrXxxx
  • Agree 2

Cattle Prod
48 minutes ago, honkydonkey said:

Does anyone know if you can buy YARA on the Norway exchange in NOK with Interactive Brokers @Cattle Prod rather than the YARIY on the US markets in USD.

This the one?

2D62F7CE-0614-4A35-9A4B-C6FF765BC8A9.thumb.jpeg.98afd22c0514f21341f1caa236874e7b.jpeg

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

100%, that was my read too. End of the Roman Empire stuff. My little man is mad for science but I insisted he did history for GCSE too. Too many people have no understanding of history, it’s very dangerous not to pass on hard won knowledge.

I heard a couple of ex special forces guys on Joe Rogan talking about the withdrawal, they were very politely absolutely raging. Apparently it was basic stuff like choosing to abandon Bagram and use the far less secure Kabul airport etc etc. An epic clusterfuck as you say, and next thing you know Ukraine is invaded.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. (George Santayana).

Understanding the past is the way to plan for the future.

• Agree 8