DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

7 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

It's a huge country, I think third biggest after China and India.

Pedantically it is fourth, after them plus USA.

A big drop off after the first two though, obviously.

7 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

It's a huge country, I think third biggest after China and India.

Pedantically it is fourth, after them plus USA.

A big drop off after the first two though, obviously.

7 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Do a fresh sign-up under a name like, King Spenda or summat 

My speeling might give me away

• Lol 3

leonardratso
10 minutes ago, King Penda said:

My speeling might give me away

borrow spygirls ketboard, they will cancel each other out.

• Lol 6

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

The women are slightly older,but most of the blokes dress in old rags and have bent faces,if your decent your fighting them off with a shitty stick,

If we ever get shut down the meet is on The Magdalen Steps in Durham during the Miners Gala where our old Colliery Bands carry all the banners and play the English National Anthem Mr Brightside 

Horribly white

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 3

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

The women are slightly older,but most of the blokes dress in old rags and have bent faces,if your decent your fighting them off with a shitty stick,

If we ever get shut down the meet is on The Magdalen Steps in Durham during the Miners Gala where our old Colliery Bands carry all the banners and play the English National Anthem Mr Brightside 

Up and around Durham today. Me and Mrs. I have had to come back to the west mids as I was craving “ diversity, diversity, diversity “. Only saw 3.

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 1

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

Up and around Durham today. Me and Mrs. I have had to come back to the west mids as I was craving “ diversity, diversity, diversity “. Only saw 3.

Its starting though,more and more arriving every day here,im sure its southern councils shipping them up and paying their rents or something in BTLs,another reason the destruction of landlords cant come soon enough.Free money caused all our ills,expensive money will solve a lot of them.A few recent boat arrivals as well,and the Middle east ones just seem to be here to shoplift.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 1

2 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Its starting though,more and more arriving every day here,im sure its southern councils shipping them up and paying their rents or something in BTLs,another reason the destruction of landlords cant come soon enough.Free money caused all our ills,expensive money will solve a lot of them.A few recent boat arrivals as well,and the Middle east ones just seem to be here to shoplift.

I’m very close to going postal on my next door neighbour not the Kurds but the white stokies . I’m not perfect but they are losing the plot now she has to work a few hours .there yard is full of dog shit and their dog looks like it was in belson . They keep promising to get a skip and they can’t let their own kid out for the mess.yet I smell skunk every night . They think the Pakistani guy doing the house up next to them (ie into a 3 bed) will let them have it . He has aready told me no fucking chance .they have been good neighbours and friends for several years but they are starting to get on my fucking nerves now with the dog shit and a dog that if they got caught owning would possibly result in a criminal conviction 

• Bogged 1
  • Vomit 4

Bien Pensant
On 16/06/2023 at 10:37, onlyme said:

The conscientiousness gap -  Why should I be hard working, conscientious, realible, responsible and legally liable, fixing stuff for others - whilst there are others running away with the spoils, often with zero accountbility, little evidence of ability or any other traits demanded of them.

Literally Atlas Shrugged.

Edited by Bien Pensant
  • Agree 5

Looks like one of our coal-fired power stations is now back as a full-time operation.

The increased margins compared to last year are driven by the availability of additional new generation, improved data quality, the availability of generation units that were partially or fully unavailable last winter and the return to the capacity market of one of the coal contingency units used last winter, which will now operate in the normal electricity market for this year.

From https://www.nationalgrideso.com/news/eso-sets-out-early-expectations-winter

• Agree 1
  • Informative 8
  • Lol 2

19 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

Lyn Alden does a neat thread tieing up some ideas. Nothing "new" but links some things up in ways I hadn't connected.

It seems to tie into @DurhamBorn's systemic collapse thesis, govt spending needs to shrink or inflation will rocket (US in this case, but same principle as the UK).

One stand out chart IMO is:

Loan creation has already rolled over, while fiscal defecit is climbing again after the post COVID decline. Interest rates have likely done all they can do, and now only cutting govt spending can prevent a resurgence of inflation.

Surely it should be as simple as some of the better known posters keeping their usernames on any new board (assuming it is google indexed). 

I was thinking for companies with debt (which they will have due to the tax advantages) the bank interest rate rises almost certainly mean a rise in interest cost. Which will find its way into inflation if firms have the pricing power. 

I know a few posters have recently asked how does raising interest rates reduce inflation. It seems like a simple question but from my memory economic theories really struggled with this over the years and there were various camps and groups of theories which I’ve forgotten about because in part I think we were told inflation was beaten and gone ( not on this thread though).

Hunt seems to be very much raise rates and taxes to lower inflation (we’ll that’s what he believes edit: as only approach and I guess Sunak too? )- I forgot which camp that is. It feels a bit like we are about to go down the wrong path, a terrible path. I’m sure Tories won’t continue like this and can see quite obvious moves some Tories are getting ready to move. 

Edit: the problem is the last time something suggested different cutting taxes (Truss) it all went wrong. Well at least some out there didn’t like it. 

Edited by Ash4781b
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2

sleepwello'nights
18 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

"Brexit is to blame for inflation, claims Mark Carney"

Isn't it about time these useless lying bankster C***s were rounded up and sent here:

Terrible the effect UK leaving the EU had on the rest of Europe.

• Lol 9

ThoughtCriminal
On 17/06/2023 at 09:54, Loki said:

I think us basement dwellers need to consider a rendezvous point online for if this forum goes offline 

I proposed this a couple of years back. Maybe a Twitter account we can all follow that only posts when the shit hits the fan?

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Terrible the effect UK leaving the EU had on the rest of Europe.

Agree. Germany completely deindustrialising itself.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I proposed this a couple of years back. Maybe a Twitter account we can all follow that only posts when the shit hits the fan?

There's a Gab account for such purposes.

https://gab.com/dosbods

• Agree 1
  • Informative 4
  • Cheers 4