DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

6 hours ago, azzuri82 said:

UPS drivers in USA earning $175k/year!

See - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66445496

£135k / year - with American tax rates these guys will be clearing £2k/week. 😱

UK just continues to fall further and further behind in terms of opportunities for productive folks.

Stumbled on the attached this morning.

Unless taking a cut of the London premium as a result of the GDP per head spin there, bascailly fooked.

F3O0GOdWIAARGGu.jpg

• Informative 8

3 hours ago, Loki said:

It's gone now but "in one lever" is a bizarre expression I've never heard before, will it be everywhere soon?

Wizard of Oz, oh the not so great one behind the curtain, they're so far gone they're now trolling themselves!  :)

• Agree 1
  • Lol 6

2 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Should have kept your mouth shut

Tbf, I thought being open and honest was a good distraction technique these days!

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Harley said:

Wizard of Oz, oh the not so great one behind the curtain, they're so far gone they're now trolling themselves!  :)

Good point, maybe, I was thinking of leverage - I've never said "I'll have this grate lifted in one more lever"!

I thought they were trying to say something about financial leverage but in a really weird way 

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

I don't like to laugh at others misfortune,   but after a lot of promotion here I imagine quite a few got caught out by that.

I was toying with Poly for a while but ended up going for Fres. TFFT :S

Mining shares I usually go for the investment trusts..   BRWM,  BRLA etc  they've done ok.

I got caught by Gazprom which I held on to for too long. Poly on the other hand I made up for it after initial selling with a couple of quick trades in and out (Scalp trades?) and ended up doing good.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, AWW said:

Well, that backfired. So many people have asked to do the same thing that they now say I have to stay on full-time hours.

My strategy would be to magically come down with long covid/depression/anxiety then string out the sacking process as long as possible, doing everything I can to rinse them of coinage with bare minimum effort. Say and do the right things etc. Make it look like you are really trying but just can't cope etc.

Eventually they'll get rid of you, but the way the UK is going by that point none of us will have jobs anyway. Just make sure you save as much as possible and stock up etc.

Good luck.

Edited by Froggy2000
  • Agree 6
  • Cheers 1

Wight Flight
38 minutes ago, feed said:

https://www.mylondon.news/news/transport/sadiq-khan-backs-electric-car-27485121

Sadiq Khan backs electric car rental scheme that will make them cheaper to run than paying ULEZ

As part of a “game-changing” leasing scheme, the Times reports, fully electric cars will be available to lease for than £300 per month. This included all running costs, and would altogether be cheaper than a month paying the ULEZ charge - £375 for 30 days.

ICE will be taxed off the roads and you'll rent a EV.  Feels like i've been saying this for about a decade now.  

Hillman Pro Lithium Blue Golf Buggy

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, feed said:

https://www.mylondon.news/news/transport/sadiq-khan-backs-electric-car-27485121

Sadiq Khan backs electric car rental scheme that will make them cheaper to run than paying ULEZ

As part of a “game-changing” leasing scheme, the Times reports, fully electric cars will be available to lease for than £300 per month. This included all running costs, and would altogether be cheaper than a month paying the ULEZ charge - £375 for 30 days.

ICE will be taxed off the roads and you'll rent a EV.  Feels like i've been saying this for about a decade now.  

What a Cnut. These people really have no shame

• Agree 8

Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

What a Cnut. These people really have no shame

I guarantee it won't be £300 a month.

My son's insurance alone would be 75% of that.

• Agree 4

Chewing Grass
46 minutes ago, feed said:

This included all running costs,

Does that include, servicing, tyres, brake pads and discs. Means you can hoon the ass of an EV unless they are 'restricted' to protect the bottom line.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Stumbled on the attached this morning.

Unless taking a cut of the London premium as a result of the GDP per head spin there, bascailly fooked.

F3O0GOdWIAARGGu.jpg

The staffordshire moorlands said hold my pint Mississippi to inbedidness and poverty 

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Does that include, servicing, tyres, brake pads and discs. Means you can hoon the ass of an EV unless they are 'restricted' to protect the bottom line.

People will share them

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, King Penda said:

The staffordshire moorlands said hold my pint Mississippi to inbedidness and poverty 

People will share them

Is that cum on the seat, breast milk or an almond latte?

• Lol 1

11 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I said these would become a thing 18 months ago some have a 50 mile range and can carry 35 stone . That’s a lot of lout

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

...and if it was they wouldn't be able to meet demand.

5 days per week of ULEZ charge saved is ~£250/month alone. It would be like the twenty year waiting list for a Trabant in the GDR, or restricted to party members only!

• Agree 5

13 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

My son's insurance alone would be 75% of that.

Its a scheme run by Octopus energy I wonder how many shares he and his cronies have in that company?

Edited by Plan-b
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, feed said:

Well he is, but if it wasn’t him it’d be someone else.   This has been the plan for a long time. 

Back before Chomsky lost it, there is an interview where he was talking about political discourse and phrasing in the US during an election cycle.  I can’t find it right now,  But basically, whenever everyone mentioned the words “Jobs”, it was simply code for corporate profits.  

Growing jobs, improving job opportunities, bringing back jobs to the US.  Etc..  

Within the automotive industry, there is a problem.   The legacy automotive companies, the western companies, can’t compete against the East on ICE.  In a straight up fight, they lose, every time.  It’s change the rules or die.  

The solution is to change the business model to cars as a service.  EV’s, Ulez, reducing oil demand, pollution, blah blah blah, they're code.   Mechanisms to get to cars as a service.  People than can’t afford to rent an EV, they were never profitable anyway, so no one cares. 

Expect Ulez or equivalent in every major metro area, then motorways etc…  And this isn’t really about getting people off the road, it’s about getting unprofitable people off the road.  And if you aren’t generating any profits for the automotives right now, you are the target.  

Please don't your making my head hurt. And it's Friday as well :S

Edit: I'm going to Costco tomorrow to buy 200litres of diesel. That'll show 'em.

Edited by Plan-b
  • Lol 1

7 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

...and if it was they wouldn't be able to meet demand.

5 days per week of ULEZ charge saved is ~£250/month alone. It would be like the twenty year waiting list for a Trabant in the GDR, or restricted to party members only!

In the meantime ream ice owners

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Think some people are getting hung up on the details of that particular lease deal.   It’s the messaging.

It’s perfecting fine to have an ICE, so long as you’re wealthy enough to fund it.  Or you can rent an EV.  Or you can not drive.

But you can’t drive and not pay.    

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

5 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I think thats how its looking.They have never made anything from me,ever,and i even buy none OEM parts every time.Looking back its incredible how cheaply i have had a car all my life.Car itself including all repairs and parts including the present one depreciated to zero i have spent £14.26 a week since i got my first car.The savings on most people compounded will be incredible.Shared transport makes perfect sense in lots of ways,but the loss of personal freedom is the killer.The only one i couldnt repair for long was a Datsun Cherry when i was late teens,it just crumbled to nothing.My mate got in once and his foot went through the floor.Another time he had a bird in the back and me one in the front and his complained she was cold so i ran the engine and heaters.She passed out because the fumes from the holes in the exhaust were coming through the holes in the floor he had to slap her to bring her around and drive home with all the windows down,not that they stayed up for long anyway they used to just roll down themselves so i had to jam matchsticks in them.

it wasn't too bad when the quality of older cars hit the Datsun Cherry level.  But modern cars are so robust, they are now considered competition to new release.  An auto manufacture is completing with it's own product from half a dozen years ago, a product that generates no revenue once it's into the OEM and independent servicing stage of its life..  It's one the few consumer products that doesn't have designed obsolesce.   

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

16 minutes ago, feed said:

Think some people are getting hung up on the details of that particular lease deal.   It’s the messaging.

It’s perfecting fine to have an ICE, so long as you’re wealthy enough to fund it.  Or you can rent an EV.  Or you can not drive.

But you can’t drive and not pay.    

Oh, I can afford to pay, but I won't.

Fuck them I won't do what they tell me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8_NmCUXyiU

36 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

This one will have a longer range than @markyh s Tesla come winter . They cost fuck all used. It’s going to be simple to switch it to eu mode and 15 mph I bet it can probably do 20 plus mph. In 20 years it’s going to be like mad max people will fit tow bars and all sorts of shit to them

7C3543EF-324B-4CB8-B949-3218AF9010EA.png

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 1