DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

Wight Flight
26 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

NWVP would presumably want control of that and would therefore need to charge a rent appropriate to pay the loan and maintenance.

Good luck with that.

Nobody can afford to pay £3k per month to rent my place.

Heart's Ease
35 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

There’s going to be an issue with the new inflation rate applied to state pension benefits. Inflation not falling fast enough. The politicians are boxed in with a triple lock on pensions. And probably an uplift to benefits. 

Was musing today about how they could possibly fudge September CPI with only weeks, really, to go.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Have you mapped the impact of foreign retail money flowing in as the pound collapses, to buy UK assets?  Trust me, from my time in HK and elsewhere in Asia, 90% of asian retail investors still see the UK as the land of paddington bear, bowler hats, honesty, and james bond.  I've posted on here before that almost every professional I knew in Hk and Singapore had property in either UK, Australia, or Canada, and the vast majority in the UK.

I could see a position where Uk housing looks very very cheap to singaporeans, chinese, indians, and they just pile in and grab any old shit they can in London and elsewhere that they know from TV (like Oxford).  They will NEVER recognise a collapse, even the riots in London a while back were discussed in circles I knew in HK as 'immigrant riots' and seen as a small problem.

In their desperation to keep the plates spinning, I could see a UK gvt supporting this inwards flow of money.  Ten houses in London could be ten million quid in GBP...

Yes i could,as i say housing wealth will be consumed now,that could be by foreign money buying it up.The government is allowing all UK wealth to be consumed down to nothing rather than say to bennies,sorry you need to be 35% poorer then flatline while wages grow.

• Agree 8

honkydonkey
3 minutes ago, Sidd said:

Gold and Silver rubber bands have snapped. Someone mend it quick!

Bought some Sibanye Stillwater just now.

Also bought some more Ashmore at £2. 

Edited by honkydonkey
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Sidd said:

Gold and Silver rubber bands have snapped. Someone mend it quick!

Gold looking OK, silver massacred, GDXJ looking pretty decent all things considered. Odd.

Never fear though:

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 4

29 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yes i could,as i say housing wealth will be consumed now,that could be by foreign money buying it up.The government is allowing all UK wealth to be consumed down to nothing rather than say to bennies,sorry you need to be 35% poorer then flatline while wages grow.

Can people still exit the market with mad gainz if this happens?

• Lol 1

honkydonkey
28 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Gold looking OK, silver massacred, GDXJ looking pretty decent all things considered. Odd.

Never fear though:

Don't forget SILG which is Global X Silver Miners in GBP on the LSE.

Admittedly it is a bit heavily skewed to the top few. (first column)

image.thumb.png.5fbc6d163161014d5ae910b641bc3761.png

Edited by honkydonkey
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Yadda yadda yadda
2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Good luck with that.

Nobody can afford to pay £3k per month to rent my place.

Clearly it doesn't work at high leverage and I should think landlords will simply be repossessed and chased in the courts for other assets.

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda
34 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

BBC radio news leading with “Sunak still on track to halve inflation by Christmas”

F116A4C4-32AF-49F2-990A-BA2DD412E7C4.jpeg

"Is the halving in the room with us now?"

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 2

Kevin Redshaw

Knowledge is power, and most people know nothing about economics. Today the BBC announced that UK's national debt Is now equal to Britain's GDP. Most people have no idea about what terms like 'National Debt' and GDP even mean. In this video I quickly and simply explain what the national debt is and what GDP actually measures. I also  explain why the UK's National Debt has risen so dramatically. You might also want to know what the implications are of the UK's national debt reaching 100% of GDP for you and your families

• Informative 4
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Redshaw said:

Knowledge is power, and most people know nothing about economics. Today the BBC announced that UK's national debt Is now equal to Britain's GDP. Most people have no idea about what terms like 'National Debt' and GDP even mean. In this video I quickly and simply explain what the national debt is and what GDP actually measures. I also  explain why the UK's National Debt has risen so dramatically. You might also want to know what the implications are of the UK's national debt reaching 100% of GDP for you and your families

When you say "I -- explain" does that mean this is you in this Vid?                   

38 minutes ago, Kevin Redshaw said:

Nice one. Been following this thread for 5+ years and I finally understand the implications.

• Lol 3

Castlevania
5 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

The area,we would boom again if we were allowed to use our own resources.I say im Northumbrian not English and mean it,its since we were taken over by Southern Kings that we got poor.The government might as well be in Winchester for the north,nothings changed.

You sound like my old Neapolitan housemate with his constant “fucking Garibaldi” replies to anything he was unhappy with.

• Lol 2

4 hours ago, Lightly Toasted said:

No, but it is responsible for monetary and fiscal policy, which inevitably drive behaviour at population level.

Incentivise stupidity and greed (and laziness and entitlement) = get more of it, until at some point the whole economy is swamped. 

Yes I agree. Appologies for thread derail but my general thoughts are...

Over time national interest and (the now quaint outdated?) concept of moral hazard have been smashed to pieces by the prevailing forces of globalisation (externalities) and woke/cultural marxism (internalities). Our polos probably never stood a chance as progressive-kindness dominated the zeitgeist. However the real kicker I think is that the public (and I include myself) were hoodwinked by a naive beleif in 'democracy', but thing is we never had it, plus that particular voting system fails on its own terms, because just encourages outlandish political promises and over spending.

It's a tragic state of affairs, and seems like we are approaching an end of the road, but perhaps where we now find ourselves was always inevitable? Perhaps Asia will learn from our mistakes or will itself be fated to just repeat them, who knows? The only ultimate solution I can see is a return to sound money but I can't see that happening any time soon, or even how that would even begin (or be allowed!!) to happen.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1