DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

6 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Aberdeen seems to be taking a bashing but up and down. HL the same….I may have a punt. Or maybe the others like Ashmore, N91.

I like Abdn but only because I owned them before and bailed at 180p, not a very logical reason but also I have listened to the more technical guys on here because when I look at charts all I see is an asteroids game from the 80’s…..

However I have spotted a trend in the Abdn chart, mentioned by @nirvana….the boobies pattern. And as I recall boobies aren’t good. 

This is what I normally see. IMG_7227.jpeg.ad090b62c013e63bd54fb2598089ca6d.jpeg

Joking apart though…may ladder in some of these asset managers. 👍🏻

IMG_7226.jpeg

We need a merger to kick the sector into gear i think,increased wages (nominal) should see AUM grow in the end,but such is the theft from government and huge bond sales its very difficult at the moment.Iv been in and out of a few for good profits,but down on the sector even including them,though its a sector that moves quickly both ways as narrative changes.

• Informative 6
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

Rentokil -17.59% and Rightmove -13.10% but can't see any other news on this yet O.o

What the f’ck. oh I see Onthemarket got an offer from a huge American company. Interesting.  

• Informative 1

geordie_lurch
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Crikey, it sounds like they are expecting wwiii. 

Maybe that's why some London stocks were halted today - test run for an unscheduled Bank holiday :ph34r:

Edited by geordie_lurch
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, geordie_lurch said:

Maybe that's why some of London stocks were halted today - test run for an unscheduled Bank holiday :ph34r:

That’s weird. Why would some technical glitch only stop trading on some shares?  

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
25 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

And we wonder why the US left all the weapons in the Afghanistan…

Israel might be about to find out ,the Taliban have asked Iraq and Iran for rights of passage through their countries xD

• Lol 3

5 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Am I going crazy or is the 10yr starting to look like, dare I say it, a bargain?

I need to stay off this crack pipe. 

I think it depends if you can handle one more round of ZIRP or not? If you don’t own a house I think that’s your hedge. If you do; might as well ignore.

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Sleepy joe just issued a world wide travel caution for US citizens ,due to address the nation later today 

But the question is why`s he got a pair of dogs bollocks attached to his chin 

Because he’s the dogs bollocks?

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

We need a merger to kick the sector into gear i think,increased wages (nominal) should see AUM grow in the end,but such is the theft from government and huge bond sales its very difficult at the moment.Iv been in and out of a few for good profits,but down on the sector even including them,though its a sector that moves quickly both ways as narrative changes.

I think it’s a sector where wages run ahead of most others. Fixed costs up. Assets under management down. 

• Informative 1

49 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

I think it’s a sector where wages run ahead of most others. Fixed costs up. Assets under management down. 

Could be yes.Inflation hits income hard until pay increases as well.I also think trackers and bonds have sucked up so much capital almost everything else is likely under-valued,its just how much really.If things just change a bit in their favour the sector could deliver big profits,but it is also one where you are almost certain to be looking at reds for a long time.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3