DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 6)

spunko

6 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

https://archive.ph/w65Me

Ahh yes a €3000 limit to mitigate the risk of ‘bank runs’

719383923.646895public.thumb.jpeg.ed04db87504db59c4372d56d9c634c21.jpeg

Shaun Richards thinks the real reason for the CBDC is so they can enforce negative interest rates:

https://notayesmanseconomics.wordpress.com/2023/10/19/get-ready-for-the-digital-euro-and-the-ability-to-enforce-a-3-interest-rate/

........we are in the arena of the IMF when its made the case for a -3% interest-rate. Remember earlier when I mentioned the issue of the digital Euro being “free”? It would be except at the end of the year you 100 of them would be replaced by 97 free ones.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, janch said:

Shaun Richards thinks the real reason for the CBDC is so they can enforce negative interest rates:

https://notayesmanseconomics.wordpress.com/2023/10/19/get-ready-for-the-digital-euro-and-the-ability-to-enforce-a-3-interest-rate/

........we are in the arena of the IMF when its made the case for a -3% interest-rate. Remember earlier when I mentioned the issue of the digital Euro being “free”? It would be except at the end of the year you 100 of them would be replaced by 97 free ones.

Shush - if Stuey sees this it could get messy..

image.jpeg.f939105f738ebc2965ac05a1700c293a.jpeg

• Lol 6

2 hours ago, Plan-b said:

A rare glimpse of the little known shadowy figures in the background who really run the UK. Here's one of them telling Sunak our unelected 'Prime Minister' what to do, its in the press where the public can actually see it happening - I doubt anyone noticed.

Never forget..

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it"

Shut down Britain’s gas network and roll out heat pumps, Sunak told

https://archive.li/4LoaC

image.png.fd2b538aae551f1c67fa08031dd26761.png

He's been in  the news a bit recently because of HS2.  He thinks  it's a mistake to stop it:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/23/axing-hs2-manchester-leg-would-a-tragedy-says-uk-infrastructure-chief

Edited by janch
Follow the money indeed
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, Plan-b said:

I think a saw a terrace in Horden for £5K recently, I know the Pit Villages are dire but still thats cheap accommodation.

I don't think I'd buy one though, been through there a few times on the way back from Peterlee, that one was probably ready to fall into an old mine shaft.

There's absolutely no redeeming features about those places. Not even Morrissey has sung about them.

• Lol 7

7 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Rentokil -17.59% and Rightmove -13.10% but can't see any other news on this yet O.o

IG went telephone only about an hour ago on all UK stocks, must be related. 

image.png.ab9abea6022ee167c59d0698ffd5ce33.png

T212 similar

image.thumb.png.c05a7d4330eaa379e0962c2490aabb03.png

Edited by honkydonkey
  • Informative 4
  • Vomit 2

reformed nice guy
18 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Am I going crazy or is the 10yr starting to look like, dare I say it, a bargain?

I need to stay off this crack pipe. 

It's the opposite. Normal interest rates are exposing that a lot of zombie companies aren't good value

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Enough of this shite please.  Just put the whole of X on auto forward to the various threads and go and find something useful to do. 

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 7
  • Lol 4

ThoughtCriminal
7 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

It's the opposite. Normal interest rates are exposing that a lot of zombie companies aren't good value

Yeah, that's basically what started me thinking.

Saw a tweet earlier saying spread between S&P 500's forward earnings yield and 10y Treasury yield was at lowest since mid-2002 and I thought "Why the fuck is anyone in US stocks?"

• Agree 1

Long time lurking
1 hour ago, geordie_lurch said:

Rentokil -17.59% and Rightmove -13.10% but can't see any other news on this yet O.o

Technical issues apparently 

• Informative 1

Long time lurking
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Am I going crazy or is the 10yr starting to look like, dare I say it, a bargain?

I need to stay off this crack pipe. 

5% incoming 

Could look shit at 10% though xD

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Sleepy joe just issued a world wide travel caution for US citizens ,due to address the nation later today 

But the question is why`s he got a pair of dogs bollocks attached to his chin 

Yesss…strange times we live in.

• Agree 1

geordie_lurch
5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Sleepy joe just issued a world wide travel caution for US citizens ,due to address the nation later today 

But the question is why`s he got a pair of dogs bollocks attached to his chin 

This seems to be the warning :ph34r:

20231019_175718.jpg

Work it back. Limits to Growth, end of western control of oil, 2030 goals, net zero, governments acting ridiculous, Israel/US wars against the Middle East (aka bomb Iran oil refineries) , CBDCs (devaluation of currency just like coming off gold standard). 

But I’m sure the next election will sort it. 

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

This seems to be the warning :ph34r:

20231019_175718.jpg

42 minutes ago, One percent said:

Crikey, it sounds like they are expecting wwiii. 

Lockdown by default. Basically the message is; 

Will you plebs stop using up our precious oil….there is only so much to go around and it’s not for you. 

PS….if you use oil it benefits and enriches the sand people and ruskies, so pleeeeease stop using it.

PPS….if you keep using the oil we need for our private jets, we will start WW3 and get rid of a few of you. 

• Agree 7

Aberdeen seems to be taking a bashing but up and down. HL the same….I may have a punt. Or maybe the others like Ashmore, N91.

I like Abdn but only because I owned them before and bailed at 180p, not a very logical reason but also I have listened to the more technical guys on here because when I look at charts all I see is an asteroids game from the 80’s…..

However I have spotted a trend in the Abdn chart, mentioned by @nirvana….the boobies pattern. And as I recall boobies aren’t good. 

This is what I normally see. IMG_7227.jpeg.ad090b62c013e63bd54fb2598089ca6d.jpeg

Joking apart though…may ladder in some of these asset managers. 👍🏻

IMG_7226.jpeg

Edited by Pip321
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Lockdown by default. Basically the message is; 

Will you plebs stop using up our precious oil….there is only so much to go around and it’s not for you. 

PS….if you use oil it benefits and enriches the sand people and ruskies, so pleeeeease stop using it.

PPS….if you keep using the oil we need for our private jets, we will start WW3 and get rid of a few of you. 

The key thing is it was there all along, but everyone swallowed it like a kipper, just like big pharma with the vaccines.

Create a crisis, profit from it whilst the going is as good as it’s gonner get before the downside.

https://www.businessinsider.com/exxon-acquisition-permian-basin-pioneer-fossil-fuels-energy-transition-2023-10?amp

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Agree 5
  • Cheers 1