DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 7)

spunko

13 minutes ago, THE SOUP DRAGON said:

Found it more fucked than I thought we were when I originally posted!

Definitely *not* Count of Nowhere… House Price Mania… now The Soup Dragon

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Calcutta said:

If I was a free man as of right now I'd stick everything in blue chip,  dollar earning divi payers, not worry too much about ups and downs in the share price as they'll recover soon enough. 

Rent a house in Goa for a couple of ton a month, get a telly and a bed and a fan sorted, spend my days exploring on a bike or floating in the ocean. Curry and a beer for dinner. Occasionally take a trip to BKK to bang a whore and eat some noodles.

Certainly wouldn't be worrying about what goes on in this shithole country.

Wouldn't it get boring eating curry every night?

reformed nice guy
38 minutes ago, Starsend said:

Wouldn't it get boring eating curry every night?

Entrepreneurial Brits have moved over and opened British restaurants. They serve fish and chips with mushy peas, Cornish pasty, tikka massala, gammon and chips, sausages and mash, all the classics. The biggest problem is getting visas for the chefs because the locals just cant get do it authentically. Some English visitors complain that the recipes aren't the same as back home but the restaurant owners found that adding chilli to the sausage rolls suited the local taste. They now have chavs doing their deliveroos

• Informative 1
  • Lol 10

8 hours ago, montecristo said:

Why Goa may I ask?  India has never been on my radar.

maybe he likes curry? met folks this year who reckon Sri Lanka is much better.......

Goa was always popular with 'Brits abroad'? need to decide if I still wanna do bucket list item 'go to India and try to buy a new motorbike' next year.......could be a dangerous one that one lol.........mind you I was told cycling Thailand was dangerous and I bloody loved it!!! Minus the TV, beer and whores......as you know xD

• Informative 1

8 hours ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

My uncle and aunt have done November til April in Goa (away from the busy tourist areas) for over 20 years. They love the place.

Went there 30 years ago.  Nice.  To recover after touring the country.  Different.  Makeshift hut on the beach serving garlic shrimp, bottle of real Kingfisher, and an afternoon snooze in a rocking chair, until the sand cooled down to walk on.  All I need now.  Heard they were going to build loads of hotels.  Dread to think how relatively expensive it is now.  Glad we did our travelling earlier (e.g. couldn't afford The Maldives now).

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 1

51 minutes ago, nirvana said:

maybe he likes curry? met folks this year who reckon Sri Lanka is much better.......

Goa was always popular with 'Brits abroad'? need to decide if I still wanna do bucket list item 'go to India and try to buy a new motorbike' next year.......could be a dangerous one that one lol.........mind you I was told cycling Thailand was dangerous and I bloody loved it!!! Minus the TV, beer and whores......as you know xD

You might enjoy this.

• Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 1

9 hours ago, Calcutta said:

The Goans are a lot more normal.

do they speak a lorra english too? you've piqued my interest again.......off to check skyscanner lol

and the exchange rate....I can hold rupees in revolut apparently xD

ThoughtCriminal
20 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

It examines the hypothetical suspension of democracy and civil liberties in response to a crisis, which isn't that rare historically.

If you wait another five years it would take the Russian army to deal with the continued build up of enemy forces in this country. Civil unrest is sadly unavoidable IMO, right now it would take a militarised police action whereas in five years you would need an aerial bombing campaign against several British cities before ground forces could go in.

Democracy is working out fucking splendidly so far ay? lol

Next one is."We'd all be speaking bleedin German if that there Hitler had won the war!"

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

ThoughtCriminal
13 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Putin simply threw all the oligarchs out ,which is the exact opposite to what the MSM wants you to believe 

Will we ever throw those types out in this country ,i doubt it very much,our former empire was built on energy (coal) it`s no coincidence Russia  controls the vast majority of it`s own energy ,it`s the foundations of every industry the world over 

People point to various quality of life measures in Russia as evidence of Putin's incompetence when it's the exact opposite case. They have higher abortion, more outside toilets, alcoholism, drug use etc than most Western nations, but when you look at the trend from Putin taking over it's astonishing how rapidly he's improved things there. Western Europe is trending in the exact opposite direction. 

"How was the smugness wiped off your face?"

Slowly at first, and then all of a sudden.

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, nirvana said:

met folks this year who reckon Sri Lanka is much better.......

Sri Lanka has been in an ongoing economic collapse since 2019, I haven't seen many reports in the media recently about the conditions in the country, is it worth a visit now?

The media this year have had other things to concentrate on to occupy 'The Current Thing' - Russia-Ukraine-Gaza-Blah-Blah..

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

is it worth a visit now?

just did a search to remind me who loved it.....twas @onlyme

Edited by nirvana
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Sri Lanka has been in an ongoing economic collapse since 2019, I haven't seen many reports in the media recently about the conditions in the country, is it worth a visit now?

The media this year have had other things to concentrate on to occupy 'The Current Thing' - Russia-Ukraine-Gaza-Blah-Blah..

Currency collapsed. It’s apparently very cheap. 

• Informative 5

Democorruptcy
10 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Goa isn't like the rest of India. Away from the beaches and main city it's just quiet little jungle towns and people going about their business. The rest of India you're going to have to deal with mad locals the whole time. I imagine just trying to rent a place in small town India would be a fucking nightmare. The Goans are a lot more normal.

There's no actual retirement visa for Goa? It's tourist visas and having to leave the country to apply for another to get back in?

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
12 hours ago, reformed nice guy said:

https://www.hl.co.uk/investment-services/isa/transfer-an-existing-isa

Hargreaves are offering £1000 if you transfer an ISA worth £80,000, giving you a 1.25% return.

You have to stay with HL for one year and the money is credited to your "loyalty bonus account". 

From the terms:
"The cash can be kept in your Loyalty Bonus Account for fee collection, withdrawn or moved into another of your HL accounts. If moved into an ISA or SIPP, it will count towards your annual allowance."

Why are they making such offers would be the first question I would be asking 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

There's no actual retirement visa for Goa? It's tourist visas and having to leave the country to apply for another to get back in?

Quick google says £109.44 for 12 month tourist visa, £309.44 for 5 yr one.

https://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk/holidays/do-i-need-a-visa-for-goa

Not a great way to retire somewhere, but no obstacle for an extended stay.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Alifelessbinary
14 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

It was always a numbers game ,it`s been very obvious for a long time now just by looking at the countries budget deficits (borrowing ) that the consumption of the feckless has far exceeded the produce of the productive 

Welcome to the 1980`s all over again 

The problem is this time we don’t have North Sea oil to bail us out!

• Agree 4

Long time lurking
2 hours ago, nirvana said:

A guy I used to work with has/had a place there he loved it ,but his thing was diving some of the best in the world according to him 

• Informative 1

ThoughtCriminal
1 hour ago, montecristo said:

You might enjoy this.

Now that's living. That's the trouble with life, there's always a reason not to do something. "I'll do it tomorrow." Always tomorrow.........

"In headaches and in worry
   Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy
   To-morrow or to-day.

‘O plunge your hands in water,
   Plunge them in up to the wrist;
Stare, stare in the basin
   And wonder what you’ve missed."

• Agree 4

46 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Currency collapsed. It’s apparently very cheap. 

wow hilarious......you goT me thinking again comrade.......just need to stop buying cheap cars and bikes and sell all the shite I've stockpiled, then errrrrr....o.O

hmmmmm, can I buy a TVS Apache over there??? lol

image.png.6d754738c9b82ed7847d24a7e2feb9c7.png

Edited by nirvana

Long time lurking
3 minutes ago, Alifelessbinary said:

The problem is this time we don’t have North Sea oil to bail us out!

I think the west have always played a strategic game when it comes to oil as In use other countries when the price is viable to our economy 

Something significant happened in Saudi last week ,what I'm not sure but at some point we are going to find out ,it might be on the monetary front ,oil or both 

• Agree 4
  • Informative 5

3 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Now that's living. That's the trouble with life, there's always a reason not to do something. "I'll do it tomorrow." Always tomorrow.........

"In headaches and in worry
   Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy
   To-morrow or to-day.

‘O plunge your hands in water,
   Plunge them in up to the wrist;
Stare, stare in the basin
   And wonder what you’ve missed."

The vlogger is new on the scene.  A very marmite character.  Does no editing just raw vlogging.  Pushes the boundaries and I fear he will get into trouble some day.  But fair play he packed his UK life in and went vlogging full time.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1