DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 7)

spunko

There was a good article about the horrendous taxes people are paying in the financial pages yesterday:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-12656379/Millions-workers-face-9p-pound-tax-raid.htm

Liz Truss has set up a think-tank called the Growth Commission with different economists from the normal crowd and they will propose an alternative budget to the Chancellor's a week before Jeremy Hunt's.

The article is well worth a read.  Some people are beginning to think about a change of tack and how we can't afford our present course of action.  Perhaps they are reading this thread?

• Agree 4
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1

5 minutes ago, janch said:

There was a good article about the horrendous taxes people are paying in the financial pages yesterday:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-12656379/Millions-workers-face-9p-pound-tax-raid.htm

Liz Truss has set up a think-tank called the Growth Commission with different economists from the normal crowd and they will propose an alternative budget to the Chancellor's a week before Jeremy Hunt's.

The article is well worth a read.  Some people are beginning to think about a change of tack and how we can't afford our present course of action.  Perhaps they are reading this thread?

It's a setup to get turkeys voting for Christmas. Give good ideas to a retard (oh yes, she is, I've seen her foreign secretary and cheese speeches), then watch the people reject them as they are coming from her. 

58 minutes ago, spunko said:

Carrying on from Part 6:

That's it.  After the last few explosive posts in Part 6 they start Part 7.  Dosbods is defo a Big Brother job.  Proof positive if I get banned while hill walking!

• Informative 1
  • Lol 8
  • Cheers 1

i didnt notice any explosive last few posts? did i miss out. Said (now corrected) continued from part 5 in the OP, so i reckon theres something in part 6 that the government doesnt want made public. I will go thru part 6 with a fine tooth comb and find it, be back in 8 months or so.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Lol 6

55 minutes ago, Cawn said:

Anyone holding Polymetal with HL, they have no share price attached anymore, zero value how can they charge commission in an ISA when they have no value. I thought it was a percentage of the share price? 

How can HL charge a percentage of nothing commission? Poly shares are worth nothing yet they charge something of nothing to hold, bloody odd arrangement?

Aha thanks. I wondered why the overall value headline value of my ISA had dropped suddenly.

1 hour ago, Cawn said:

Anyone holding Polymetal with HL, they have no share price attached anymore, zero value how can they charge commission in an ISA when they have no value. I thought it was a percentage of the share price? 

How can HL charge a percentage of nothing commission? Poly shares are worth nothing yet they charge something of nothing to hold, bloody odd arrangement?

Yes, showing as zero in my SIPP, just like my Gazprom shares. :PissedOff:

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

37 minutes ago, janch said:

propose an alternative budget to the Chancellor's a week before

That is a shot accross the bows, now the membership would be able to vote for a new leader too (subject to MPs playing ball) since Pishy has had his 12 months grace period as a new PM. The real lesson of the tworecent byelections is that core voters can stay home if they don't like policy.

• Agree 2

end this thread its all so boring now

just admit it the UK is a shithole full of car brains with a genetic defect related to long term financial planning and pin that and tell everyone to get off the internet

• Informative 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 2

Just now, F150 said:

end this thread its all so boring now

just admit it the UK is a shithole full of car brains with a genetic defect related to long term financial planning and pin that and tell everyone to get off the internet

Not me, I've just lumped into a fixed ISA at 5.65% which I think will be seen as excellent peak rate investment. 

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking
19 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Not me, I've just lumped into a fixed ISA at 5.65% which I think will be seen as excellent peak rate investment. 

Shawbrook was offering 5.87% a few weeks ago for a 1 year fix missed the boat :P

But i fully expect a better one along before long 

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

Shawbrook was offering 5.87% a few weeks ago for a 1 year fix missed the boat :P

But i fully expect a better one along before long 

Yields have peaked imo and getting above 5.25% really is a bonus. That 5.65% will be gone soon. 

Long time lurking
4 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Yields have peaked imo and getting above 5.25% really is a bonus. That 5.65% will be gone soon. 

No chances ,unless the FED print trillions in the next few months then we will see real inflation due to currency debasement 

War has always seen a flight to safety in bonds the opposite is happening now 

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

No chances ,unless the FED print trillions in the next few months then we will see real inflation due to currency debasement 

Just a couple of minor skirmishes really. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

You see everyone expects silver to close the historical ratio to gold due to industrial demand (solar panels, EV) and reduced resources going forwards. Truth is paper rigging shenanigans would never allow that to happen.

However what will send it following gold and closing the gap in resulting stagflation will be the loss of faith in treasuries. 

Economists expect that when this war escalates treasuries will drop like a stone in a flight to safety (hence the 2024 ‘year of the bond’ articles - that stuey will probably like)

But what we’re seeing at moment is that the market doesn’t ‘buy’ that inflation is going away or that treasuries are ‘good value’ at these rates. That means a bull run for gold/silver.

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Informative 6
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Stuey said:

thought you were going to corner the Stockton waterfront property market

• Lol 4

Long time lurking
10 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

But what we’re seeing at moment is that the market doesn’t ‘buy’ that inflation is going away or that treasuries are ‘good value’ at these rates. That means a bull run for gold/silver.

Just look at who`s buying UST`s  "at theses rates" tells you all you need to know  

Gold is not been seen as an investment now as such it`s more an alternative to holding foreign debt ,the trust has gone 

A great interview below outlining the gulf between politics and commerce which we are now witnessing ,the latter will always trump the former 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Informative 3

44 minutes ago, Cawn said:

Are they charging management fees for Gazprom.

How can they charge a percentage of value when there is no value. 

What’s 0.45% of zero?

Bobthebuilder
1 hour ago, Stuey said:

It is not an "investment" it is a savings account.

Lets see where you are after 12 months, I am going to use BATS as a comparison, todays price £24.55 with a 9.3% yield.

See you in a year.

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

Bobthebuilder
13 minutes ago, Clueless Imbecile said:

God bless all.

That is why I posted this last week.

Father, can you hear me?
How have I let you down?
I curse the day that I was born
And all the sorrow in this world
Let me take you to the hurting ground
Where all good men are trampled down
Just to settle a bet that could not be won
Between a prideful father and his son
Will you guide me now? For I can't see
A reason for the suffering and this long misery
What if every living soul could be upright and strong?
Well then I do imagine
There will be sorrow
Yeah, there will be sorrow
And there will be sorrow no more
When all soldiers lay their weapons down
Or when all kings and all queens relinquish their crowns
Or when the only true messiah rescues us from ourselves
It's easy to imagine
There will be sorrow
Yeah, there will be sorrow
And there will be sorrow no more.

Difficult days for the thread at the moment, but at least we are not being killed in the trenches yet.

Edited by Bobthebuilder
  • Cheers 7