DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 7)

spunko

39 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

I saw this and thought of the UKs Net Zero commitments

Screenshot_20240201_105445_X.jpg

Responding to comments they received upon sharing the news, they said: "We’ve found it pretty astonishing some of the nastiness in the comments. We have made this choice out of a place of survival for our family-run business and seeing people who are meant to ‘love all beings’ being awful to each other has really been upsetting.

Sounds about right!

• Agree 11
  • Bogged 1

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

UK rate held at 5.25%

Swati Dhingra opted to cut rates to 5%. Strange, I thought she had left the committee. Catherine Mann and Jonathan Haskel voted for a 0.25% rise.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 5

Castlevania
1 minute ago, Kendo said:

Swati Dhingra opted to cut rates to 5%. Strange, I thought she had left the committee. Catherine Mann and Jonathan Haskel voted for a 0.25% rise.

The Argentine who was always dovish left. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

The Argentine who was always dovish left. 

Ah, that’s right. Swati was Sunak’s choice.

47 minutes ago, Loki said:

UK rate held at 5.25%

Look at the GBP/JPY as soon as BOE announced
image.thumb.png.3e483e74e7c7133baa5554c4e40be42f.png

Looks like my uneducated theory is right. The Yen will gain value as soon as the BOE lowers IR's. I've got 2k GBP in Yen at 187.7JPY . I plan to double down and buy more JPY for as long as the rate is this high to later sell as the BOE lowers. I expect to make 20% relatively risk free.

• Informative 8

27 minutes ago, No One said:

Look at the GBP/JPY as soon as BOE announced
image.thumb.png.3e483e74e7c7133baa5554c4e40be42f.png

Looks like my uneducated theory is right. The Yen will gain value as soon as the BOE lowers IR's. I've got 2k GBP in Yen at 187.7JPY . I plan to double down and buy more JPY for as long as the rate is this high to later sell as the BOE lowers. I expect to make 20% relatively risk free.

The 20% relatively risk free ain’t gonna happen…you can have 5% risk free but you have currency risk in your trade and loss of the interest…and others..including the trend..

can you make 20%..sure but it has risk.. that saying the chances are good that Japan will end it’s negative rate policy..not sure when…sterling should weaken with its fiscal problems..which probably means that you should make some money..it will be interesting to see if it was worth effort rather than sticking it in the bank..Japanese stocks have been moving up and the yen does look undervalued ..your timing could be good..boj has been expected to change but they still are carrying on the old..be lucky..