DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 7)

spunko

SpectrumFX
25 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Didn't Zantac/Ranitidine get banned because of some link to cancer or something?

It did.

I gave the last of my stock to my brother in law. It was out of date by then, and the cancer risk was known, but he said that his indigestion was bad enough that he didn't give a shit.

xD

Edited by SpectrumFX
  • Vomit 1

Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

The Doctor is continuing to withdraw 25 kg of Gold at time from the various Bullionvault depositorys around Europe.

I wonder if the Doctor is a Bank or even a Country.

Holding account for Bullionvault itself, so they can doctor the books?

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2

Axeman123
2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

More bizarrely interesting details on this one.

Now remember Volvo Cars is owned by Geely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Cars

Polestar is owned by Volvo Cars, who are owned by Geely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polestar

Now Volvo Cars says it can't afford to fund Polestar so it is giving it to Geely who already own it in reality.

https://www.gbnews.com/lifestyle/cars/major-car-brand-polestar-volvo-electric-vehicle-sales

Yet Polestar Sales are going up and Volvo is going nowhere.

Makes total sense if Geely were planning to offload Volvo and keep Polestar, which would be the more strategically valuable part of the business. Getting their ducks in a row on structure in preparation without tipping their hand.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Milk of magnesia.

I've always had acid reflux, I eat spicy food late at night, can't avoid that. And I drink a bit. Can't avoid that either.

Best way to sort it out is a little touch of milk of magnesia before bed.

You can get it for about £4 in Home Bargains, but you've got to be lucky catching the delivery as the first old biddy who sees it will clear the shelf. As do I when I get the chance.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Chewing Grass
16 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Makes total sense if Geely were planning to offload Volvo and keep Polestar, which would be the more strategically valuable part of the business. Getting their ducks in a row on structure in preparation without tipping their hand.

Agreed, you only have to look at Volvo's latest offerings to see the 'brand' is dying on its feet alongside its clientele.

I give you the new EM90.

Wider, longer, fatter, taller, heavier and uglier than ever before.

Screenshotfrom2024-02-0122-03-32.jpg.0b44f99751b2f9683d046f92b43c772d.jpg

• Lol 5
  • Vomit 1

13 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Here is the economic guru when younger,Oxford student (of course) and government advisor xD ,zero ability.Looking the wrong way as usual.Imagine your daughter brought him home O.o

ben_ramanauskas.jpg

First question would be - have you got your pension sorted you four eyed cunt? 

• Lol 5

2 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

I used to have chronic reflux.  GP put me on Omeprazole.

New GP said it was time to come off them.  Wittered something about kidney damage if on them long term.

He said the proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole are actually counter productive as they reduce production of acid.

If the stomach doesn't produce enough acid then the lower oesophageal sphincter remains open and what acid is there can leak upwards into the oesophagus causing heartburn and ultimately Barret's Oesophagus and cancer.

Advice was to reduce the dose over a few weeks and then stop taking them - but I would get CHRONIC unrelentless heartburn and reflux for about a month.  So eat Rennies and drink Gaviscon - but see it through and I would be fine.

I've not taken Omepraxole for more than 5 years now.  Occasional bit of acid (Gavison maybe twice a month) but not like it was.

Good doctor.  Lifestyle solved it for me.  But Silicogel also woked.  Still have some if I eat a lot late for some reason.

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 1

6 hours ago, honkydonkey said:

It's not a vegan restaurant surely?

Trading standards say they have no problem so long as the establishment self-identfies as being a vegan restaurant and that all its menu choices are non-binary. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Agreed, you only have to look at Volvo's latest offerings to see the 'brand' is dying on its feet alongside its clientele.

I give you the new EM90.

Wider, longer, fatter, taller, heavier and uglier than ever before.

Screenshotfrom2024-02-0122-03-32.jpg.0b44f99751b2f9683d046f92b43c772d.jpg

The thing is, that thing's not selling because it's too long, tall, heavy or ugly. It's not selling because it's van-shaped rather than SUV-shaped.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, AWW said:

Just me here who's confused about how the fuck you can make three claims for asylum and why the fuck we grant it to fucking sex offenders?

Apparently his local CofE vicar sponsored his asylum application after converting him to Christianity. 

Btw not a joke.

• Bogged 7
  • Lol 1
  • Vomit 7

38 minutes ago, JMD said:

Apparently his local CofE vicar sponsored his asylum application after converting him to Christianity. 

Btw not a joke.

well he did turn the other cheek, by the looks of things...

• Lol 1

The Grey Man

Went to The Trafford Centre to night.

The last year I used it as a place to get my steps in mid week. Not been there for maybe 3 months.

For those not familiar. It is a mid range shopping mall. Free parking in South Manchester. Cheaper to get the metro into the centre from here sans parking fees.

There was a big section of the main mall using their cunning boarding of shops to be, hiding empty units. Footfall low, but expected at this time of year and day of the week.

Trust in those GDP figures. My arse.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 6

belfastchild
26 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Strangely enough, another bit of gastro antidotal in regards to a sign of the times.

Throughout my family whilst growing up, we’ve always had a tin of Andrew’s to hand for an upset stomach. Boots/Superdrug used to do their own version of effervescent powder (which they no longer do).

Well the Andrew’s tins turned to tubs (shrinkflation) which started to get smaller and smaller (more and more thicker plastic to hold less powder) and now has disappeared from the shelves completely.

They are now selling on Ebay for £40 a tub.

728551620.814452public.thumb.jpeg.d699f76de7dcd56b59467c69f7a744dd.jpeg

You now can’t get any remaining stock online anywhere. I saw a whole shelf full in Savers a few months back after seeing what they were going for on EBay so I swiped the lot, but never saw them since.

This stoked my interest so I emailed GSK who in turn said the brand is now manufactured by Haleon as below.

728551917.338348public.thumb.jpeg.d2c499543894e3bd8f6686f5c5d44122.jpeg

I then in turn emailed Haleon who replied with the below. 

728552076.025893public.thumb.jpeg.fc9d4ec80cb84851e4e78adb029c5302.jpeg

Clearly the demand is there for the product, but it seems from the above that production may not be financially viable.

So is this a canary in the coal mine for other established brands? 

Been meaning to sell the last of my GSK shares for a while now.
Might just use the dosh to drive around some of the out of the way pharmacies and wee local shops here and buy up liver salts supplies and put them on ebay.
Are you tracking the ebay listings to see if they get any sales?

• Cheers 1

DoINeedOne
14 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Might just use the dosh to drive around some of the out of the way pharmacies and wee local shops here and buy up liver salts supplies and put them on ebay.

9 live listings

173 listings sold in last 90 days 

So the sell through rate is great, i bet theres a pallet of that shit sitting somewhere in the backroom of a store

• Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, belfastchild said:

Yeah that’s sold prices not auctions

• Cheers 1

THE SOUP DRAGON
1 hour ago, No One said:

BT.A Just landed in my SIPP. I should celebrate, or if you hold the view that the company is giving me back my own capital, I should cry. To each their own.

HL being slow again nothing from either BT or VOD. The dividends don't even show as due in the fact sheets, interims have been omitted and just finals recorded, Don't pay a lot of credence to HL divi percentages but they were a useful source of information when the interims and finals were due. Makes me nervous when they can't get the basics right. 

• Informative 1