DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 7)

spunko

DoINeedOne
14 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Been meaning to sell the last of my GSK shares for a while now.
Might just use the dosh to drive around some of the out of the way pharmacies and wee local shops here and buy up liver salts supplies and put them on ebay.
Are you tracking the ebay listings to see if they get any sales?

9 live listings

173 listings sold in last 90 days 

So the sell through rate is great, i bet theres a pallet of that shit sitting somewhere in the backroom of a store

• Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, belfastchild said:

Might just use the dosh to drive around some of the out of the way pharmacies and wee local shops here and buy up liver salts supplies and put them on ebay.

Yeah that’s sold prices not auctions

• Cheers 1

THE SOUP DRAGON
1 hour ago, No One said:

BT.A Just landed in my SIPP. I should celebrate, or if you hold the view that the company is giving me back my own capital, I should cry. To each their own.

HL being slow again nothing from either BT or VOD. The dividends don't even show as due in the fact sheets, interims have been omitted and just finals recorded, Don't pay a lot of credence to HL divi percentages but they were a useful source of information when the interims and finals were due. Makes me nervous when they can't get the basics right. 

• Informative 1

Axeman123
11 hours ago, AWW said:

van-shaped rather than SUV-shaped

I agree. That is the future though.

Every vehicle is morphing towards that shape, people want more interior space but parking spaces etc are a hard limit on increasing external dimensions. Just like skyscrapers in Manhattan etc the only solution to limited real estate is to build upwards, in this case by stacking the passenger compartment on top to the mechanicals so it can run almost the full length of the wheelbase.

A lot of current gen hatchbacks have the base of the windscreen pretty much directly over the front axles, and the mechanicals wedged under the dashboard. That is also why the quarter light window has made a comeback, to resolve the weird expanse between the leading edge of the front doors and windscreen. Everything forward of that is just crumple zone. Sooner or later the quest for interior space within a given external size will win out over the cosmetics of wanting a bonnet sticking out.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Vomit 1

Bobthebuilder
13 minutes ago, THE SOUP DRAGON said:

HL being slow again nothing from either BT or VOD. The dividends don't even show as due in the fact sheets, interims have been omitted and just finals recorded, Don't pay a lot of credence to HL divi percentages but they were a useful source of information when the interims and finals were due. Makes me nervous when they can't get the basics right. 

HL are always slow with cash, not just divis but interest on cash holdings as well, interest is calculated to the 9th of the month but they dont tend to pay it out until around the 15th.

I have just done an ISA transfer into HL, the stocks are showing, but the cash part is still missing somewhere.

• Agree 1

belfastchild
1 hour ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

Vodafone divvy is in T212 :Beer:

Came home to it in on Aj Bell as well. Makes a fair dent in the losses!

Ok, the losses so far...

• Informative 1
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

Joncrete Cungle
4 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Came home to it in on Aj Bell as well. Makes a fair dent in the losses!

Ok, the losses so far...

My average buy price is 75.5p. Sometimes being poor has it's advantages xD

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 2

I do wonder if something is causing the media tide to turn against asylum seekers? It seems weird it seems that for once its getting some momentum behind it, and this acid story is a catalyst.

I can't help thinking it's all part of the plan? 

Make things turn to shit while talking hard policy, in the knowledge that Labour will be more lenient and will argue against it. That could sway some voters on the premise that it is shit now, but it could be even shitter.

• Agree 11

Axeman123

I don't beleive these US job numbers, and suspect by the end of the day the markets won't either.

Silver slammed by 70c/oz is algos responding to headlines IMO.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 3

3 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

I don't beleive these US job numbers, and suspect by the end of the day the markets won't either.

Yeah
revised lower after a few months,

• Agree 2

sancho panza

no surprise to many basement dwellers but UK dropping down the corruption league.The standards are set in Westminster,and they're getting lower by the year.

I dread to think where we'd be if they revealed the true depth of what went on during the coof.

Still there are 160 countires below us.Gives the polos somethign to aim for.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13037595/Britain-falls-lower-position-leading-global-corruption-index-Hong-Kong-Uruguay-Denmark-Finland-Norway-table.html

Britain falls to its lowest-ever position in leading global corruption index behind Hong Kong and Uruguay as Denmark, Finland and Norway top table

• UK comes in at a lowly 20th place with a rank of 71/100 - its lowest ever score

The United Kingdom has been given its worst ever score in a global corruption report.

The closely watched annual study by anti-graft organisation Transparency International ranks 180 countries on a scale from a 'highly corrupt' 0 to a 'very clean' 100.

But the UK, which historically had been ranked very favourably by the panel of experts, has in recent years tumbled down the order and comes in at a lowly 20th place with a score of 71/100.

This is a further two points down on last year's total of 73 points, which saw the UK ranked in 18th position - its lowest score since the index began in 1995.

And perhaps more worryingly, Britain has registered a consistent downward trajectory, experiencing a six-point decrease over the past five years. 

Transparency International said this was down to possible corruption in the awarding of PPE contracts during the pandemic as well as the perception that public accountability is weakening.

The Nordic countries meanwhile maintain their position at the top of the pile, with Denmark topping the chart with a formidable score of 90.

Finland resides close behind at 87, with Norway and Sweden sitting in 4th and 6th places respectively.  

image.png.32aa679c0c030af8ee2490d697814f36.png

• Agree 5
  • Informative 4
  • Bogged 1

Axeman123
7 minutes ago, Boon said:

I do wonder if something is causing the media tide to turn against asylum seekers? It seems weird it seems that for once its getting some momentum behind it, and this acid story is a catalyst.

Deprogramming IMO, the mist is clearing at the centres of power and suddenly it is clear that migration isn't automatically equal to economic growth. The computer models that said they were are revealed to be as useful as the COVID ones, if migrants did equal growth we should have so much tax revenue that we need a sovereign wealth fund to park it in and protect the economy from it.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 1

39 minutes ago, Boon said:

I can't help thinking it's all part of the plan? 

Make things turn to shit while talking hard policy, in the knowledge that Labour will be more lenient and will argue against it. That could sway some voters on the premise that it is shit now, but it could be even shitter.

Asylum is bad enough..

image.png.e650db56dd0955ee823026dcdf6853aa.png

But the real issue is shown with the whole picture up to June ..

image.png.452521f1c421a3a72782ee5288321627.png

The media tide is turning on immigration, I suspect they'll be a few wrist slaps to curb the recent reporting.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1861544/immigration-uk-population-2036

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, belfastchild said:

On this thread we have wine makers, beer brewers, potato growers, and many more food diy'ers...  So why not ----

Edited by JMD
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 5

Democorruptcy
58 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Did anybody else think they heard wailing from somewhere in London when those figures were announced? It might have been Uncle Andrew.

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Some diligent people on twitter did the legwork of tracing the 251 "charities" who are using taxpayer money to take out ads, pay lobbying fees (Bribes) etc in order to opposed the already pathetic Rwanda smokescreen.

Get that in your heads. You're paying taxes to fund groups who are actively working against this country by trying to allow as many third worlders in as possible and to keep those already here from being removed.

Paying tax is now an immoral act.

And i'd put Oxfam in that 'dubious charity' category. I actually used to donate to them but after some thread discussion on here last year, I changed my monthly donation to the below charity.

They operate several hospital ships, staffed mainly by volunteer health professionals from all over who do 3-month + stints. Ok it's founder is American (I searched for a similar British outfit but unfortunately there isn't one)... when I did my research I came across online woke criticism of them somehow being 'parochial and colonial' - which kinda convinced me that they must be doing good work!!

https://www.mercyships.org.uk/

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1