DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

sancho panza

Game changer I reckon,Farage coems back and the UK has a populist right wing part yof sorts.

I like NAderson one of the few Tories I've any time for(still wouldnt vote for them)

This could lead to a wipe out of the Tories

I cant disagree with much of what got hime sacked

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/03/11/lee-anderson-defects-from-conservatives-to-reform-u-k/

Lee Anderson Defects from Conservatives to Reform U.K.

Lee Anderson has announced he is defecting from the Conservative party, from which he is currently suspended, to Reform U.K. The Telegraph has the story.

The former Vice-Chairman of the Conservative Party was suspended from the Tories over his refusal to apologise for his claims that Islamists had “got control” of Sadiq Khan and of London.

He said: “country, constituency and then party” when asked what his message would be to Tory MPs and colleagues who may feel their electoral chances could be damaged by his actions.

The defection, which will be a blow to Rishi Sunak, follows weeks of speculation about the Ashfield MP’s next moves

Mr. Anderson sparked a furious backlash after he claimed last month that the capital had been “taken over” amid the weekly pro-Palestinian protests over the war in Gaza.

In an interview with GB News, Mr Anderson said: “I don’t actually believe that these Islamists have got control of our country, but what I do believe is that they’ve got control of Khan, they’ve got control of London.

“He’s actually given our capital city away to his mates… If you let Labour in through the back door, expect more of this, expect our cities to be taken over by these lunatics.”

Mr. Anderson was stripped of the Tory whip after he refused to apologise for the remarks, opting instead to double down on his comments although admitting his choice of words was “clumsy”.

Mr. Anderson met with Richard Tice, the leader of Reform U.K., the day after he was suspended from the Tory party, which fuelled speculation about a possible defection.

In the days that followed, Downing Street faced growing calls from fellow Tory MPs for Mr Anderson to be readmitted to the Conservative Party.

As news of Mr Anderson’s defection to Reform spread throughout Westminster on Monday morning, one senior Tory backbencher captured the mood by saying that “disbelief is the feeling amongst colleagues.”

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 4

11 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

I think the question is whetehr our Lodnodn elite will be able to contemplate these sort of bennie controls before a collpase and I jsut don't think they can.

They inhabit a world where they can jsut tap the national credit card and indenture another generation of biritsh kids with more 30 year debt.

Many of them are ex public school/oxbridge,nevr had a real job facing customers/patients/inmates/arrestees/enemy,they jsut send everyone else out to deal with the consequences of their incompetence.

I apprecaite you putting your figures out there as it give sme an idea of the parameters they need to meet to avoid systemic collaspe.It looks a really tall order for them in Westmisnter.I dont think theyre capable of taking such hard decissions

It's one of the msot likely ways they can kick the can for a few more years,not dish out state pension to people who've spent forty years saving for a private pension.

also means they can keep dishing out state pension to people who havent paid a penny in of their own moeny.

This is exactly the sort of stupidity we're talking about from our elite.absolutely zero common sense.you cna imagine the nigerian(or insert other non UK nation) scammers seeing this as a licence to print moeny.

Inetersting that they're going to use the investment vehcile that was so haevily scammed for coof laons.

I jsut can't imagine how this will end up coming back to taxpayers as a big fat loss.

They should kjsut lend it to John Lewis Partners and be done with it

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/11/labour-use-state-bank-fund-female-led-businesses-women-tulip-siddiq

Labour says it will use state bank to fund female-led businesses

Labour plans to set targets for funding female-led businesses through the state-owned British Business Bank and to launch a review of the financial exclusion of women, if it wins the next general election.

The initiatives, which will be announced on Monday by the shadow City minister Tulip Siddiq, form part of the party’s financial inclusion agenda, following a review by 10 City grandees earlier this year of Labour’s financial services strategy.

Siddiq will reveal plans for two new performance targets for the British Business Bank (BBB), the economic development bank best known for overseeing Covid funding schemes during the pandemic. That will include an “overall investment allocation target” towards businesses led by women, as well as those led by ethnic minority founders. The BBB will also be required to issue reports on the diversity of applicants it considered for funding.

The size of its funding targets have yet to be confirmed, but will be set in coordination with the BBB, Siddiq’s office said. However, a 2019 report by the BBB found that only 1% of venture capital investment in the UK went to companies founded by women.

I think what is interesting was one at the start of my awakening (around 2021) for me was the short 45 minute video by Ray Dalio regarding the rise and falls of empires. 

The thing that stuck in my head was that at the end of every currency/empire the elites have the choice....they can fix things or just print more money. And without exception they just print more money.

I watch this every 6 months or so....bread and butter basics for many of this thread but reminds me of the basics. 

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

Axeman123
40 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

“disbelief is the feeling amongst colleagues.”

He has already jumped ship from a previous party (Labour), he and the voters in his constituency are both massively out of sync with direction of the tory party under Pishy, and he has been shit upon by them removing the whip as a result.

Disbeleif? My only surprise was him waiting this long. Hopefully this is part of a co-ordinated strategy.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1

spygirl
1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

Racheal Reeves has started "expectation management", indicating IMO that she knows Hunt is now on a mission to hand her a stick of dynamite with a short lit fuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68527158

GHunt iso nly acting as a relay agent, passing on Browns turd.

The colatition were implenenting Darlings austerity cuts, the one that Brown blocked cos, well, what would Brown have to show as a achievement if all the give aways turned out to paid for an out of control finsec???

Again, from - 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/bulletins/publicsectorfinances/january2024

image.png.8e57bd9ac6e75527fd0963e4db94365a.png

You can see the deficit go fucking nuts in 07 and ramp up at a rate that only Uke gov has seen ,when invaded by Riskies.

Ten you see the long painful crawl back from 2010.

Which was upset by coof and boris n rishi being cretins and blowing all the painful reductions in 2 years.

UK - and the rest of West - need to be pushing for payment from Chuinklyland.

Levy tariffs, visa charges whatever on the lyingcunts.

Screw every penny out of the Chinks..

• Agree 3
  • Informative 4

spygirl
7 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I was talking to me dad about this.He is of the opinion that to save this country we will need to destroy the Tories first.Not them lose,but wiped to less than 50 seats.Gone.Stage two will be then to destroy Labour.Farage back will cement things and likely some other big hitters will join.I find it incredible the Tories won the red wall,and then they decided to do destroy the country.

Spains seems to have been going tur that for ~10y sicne 2010 n Euro blowup.

Cant remember the sequence. What ever was in opposition in 2010 was elected. Failed.

Then they tried the whoever was in power in 2010. Failed.

Now they are trying various firnge /non mainstream.

Its a long and painful process. And hasnt sorted stuff out.

Prime Minister Spys manifesto:

1) All migrants to pay for all public services plus 5k.

Brits go to Spain etc cos its warm n sunny.

And we pay, hat, ~2k/2weeks.

Migrants come from hot countries to access English  speaking school and jobs.

The cretins in power need to regnise this fact and start billing the full ammout due plus some profit.

2) Asylum seekers

None from countries where Western people go on holiday - India, ALbania and Pakistan - half of Bradford fucks off for Hols in Pakistan.

Asylum seekers have to have living costs to cover period til their claim can assessed.

3) Benefits.

Move to contribution based time limited, voer 5y.

See UC horus to 38h/w

Update poverty assessment to categorise household not working 60j/w as workless household rather than living in poverty.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

spygirl
4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'd vote for you, if you hired a Minister for Typos.

You LibDem.

• Lol 5

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

You LibDem.

Listen? Lesbian? Libido? Nope, not getting it... :D

• Lol 2

2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/11/labour-use-state-bank-fund-female-led-businesses-women-tulip-siddiq

Labour says it will use state bank to fund female-led businesses

Labour plans to set targets for funding female-led businesses through the state-owned British Business Bank and to launch a review of the financial exclusion of women, if it wins the next general election.

The initiatives, which will be announced on Monday by the shadow City minister Tulip Siddiq, form part of the party’s financial inclusion agenda, following a review by 10 City grandees earlier this year of Labour’s financial services strategy.

Siddiq will reveal plans for two new performance targets for the British Business Bank (BBB), the economic development bank best known for overseeing Covid funding schemes during the pandemic. That will include an “overall investment allocation target” towards businesses led by women, as well as those led by ethnic minority founders. The BBB will also be required to issue reports on the diversity of applicants it considered for funding.

The size of its funding targets have yet to be confirmed, but will be set in coordination with the BBB, Siddiq’s office said. However, a 2019 report by the BBB found that only 1% of venture capital investment in the UK went to companies founded by women.

Reminds me of the Formula 1 Academy, which has now replaced the F1 W Series that itself went bust last year due to lack of (financial and public) interest! Both these racing series have a mandate to get women drivers into the male dominated Formula 1. The thing is the F1 teams were already doing positive discrimination by using women test drivers, which I'm sure was meant to be their quick passport into becoming full racing drivers. However even after many years of trying none have been good enough to make the transition into racing.

Of course this lack of progress is seen as mysogyny despite in reality the F1 teams would love to have a 'good enough' women driver, after all I'm sure the advertising revenue would poor in. This situation is similar to the snooker world where the women there also don't win against men so there is no joint tournament. The facts surely speak for themselves, or am I missing something here?

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 2

20 minutes ago, JMD said:

Reminds me of the Formula 1 Academy, which has now replaced the F1 W Series that itself went bust last year due to lack of (financial and public) interest! Both these racing series have a mandate to get women drivers into the male dominated Formula 1. The thing is the F1 teams were already doing positive discrimination by using women test drivers, which I'm sure was meant to be their quick passport into becoming full racing drivers. However even after many years of trying none have been good enough to make the transition into racing.

Of course this lack of progress is seen as mysogyny despite in reality the F1 teams would love to have a 'good enough' women driver, after all I'm sure the advertising revenue would poor in. This situation is similar to the snooker world where the women there also don't win against men so there is no joint tournament. The facts surely speak for themselves, or am I missing something?

All snooker events have always been open to women. They just aren't good enough currently.

• Agree 1

spygirl
12 hours ago, sancho panza said:

The stats here ar eworht knowingbut ,more fundamentally,worth noting i tis being tlaked about.

Either the Graf paymasters have chainged or reality is begigning to dawn

my monis ont ehg raf paymatsers chanign

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/03/09/pensioners-need-to-prepare-for-something-to-give/

Pensioners must prepare to face a hard truth

The Resolution Foundation calculates that, thanks to the ongoing freeze on tax thresholds, up to 8 million pensioners could experience an average income hit of £1,000. The IFS calculates that the 60pc of pensioners who pay income tax will be £650 worse off a year come 2027, and a hefty £3,000 worse off if they are paying the higher rate of tax.

Cue the complaints: what are the Conservatives thinking, making life more costly for retirees, who have put in the many decades of work and contributions (and happen to make up a core part of the Tory voting bloc)?

Their outrage is not entirely unjustified. But it is by no means a pensioner-specific problem. Fiscal drag is the ultimate stealth tax – one that is affecting entry-level workers, people at the height of their careers and retirees alike. Millions of people are being made worse-off. The latest calculations from the Office for Budget Responsibility show 3.7 million additional people being pulled into paying income tax by 2028-29, while another 2.7 million workers will be dragged into paying the higher rate, thanks to these freezes.   

Everyone should be up in arms about the tax freezes – especially when the Tory party tweets “we’re cutting your taxes…again” just moments after the Chancellor sat down from delivering his Budget.

The OBR estimates that fiscal drag will pull in an additional £40bn to the Treasury by 2028-29 – four times the amount of the Budget’s NI tax cut, which will cost around £10bn. Taxpayers are not fools; they know full well what’s really happening.

But there is a harder truth that needs to be acknowledged. The pension system as it currently exists in the UK is an unsustainable one, yet it has been propped up time and again by successive Tory governments. The pivot towards giveaways for workers isn’t simply welcome: it is also long overdue.

And it is today’s workers, who have yet to claim their state pension, who are at much greater risk of never seeing it. It is one of the greatest cons of public policy, the idea that NI contributions are funnelled away into a pension pot somewhere, with a portion siphoned off for the National Health Service. Nothing of the sort happens. The state pension in Britain is a far less sustainable “pay as you go” system, which dishes out pension payments from yearly tax receipts.

Yes, pensioners have made their contributions and deserve to see the returns. But those returns are being paid for by working-age people today, and those financial burdens are becoming ever greater as age demographics shift. 

Already the costs are overwhelming government spending, with £1 in every £8 going on the state pension (which is estimated to rise to £1 in every £6 over the next five decades). The only way the state pension remains protected – for this generation and certainly for following generations – is to get more people into work, grow the economy and increase tax receipts through sustainable means.

This  -

Yes, pensioners have made their contributions and deserve to see the returns

The ones whove made 35y NI years, yep.

The 50%+ who havent can fuck off.

Scrap pension credits.

Play hard NI years.

Create some OP HJMO for work oddging OAPs, so the younger generation get the message.

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Errol said:

All snooker events have always been open to women. They just aren't good enough currently.

For sure snooker has always been open. 

You say 'currently'. But I think it's very peculiar that no women are still not good enough to compete in the same tournaments as men. Isn't it more accurate to say the interest, attitude, skill is just not there to begin with? My point is that I expect this same result, despite many years of trying, will be replicated in Formula 1.

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 5

MrFanciful
30 minutes ago, Errol said:

Isn't there an increased risk of women accidently moving the ball though?

• Lol 3

7 minutes ago, JMD said:

For sure snooker has always been open. 

You say 'currently'. But I think it's very peculiar that no women are still not good enough to compete in the same tournaments as men. Isn't it more accurate to say the interest, attitude, skill is just not there to begin with? My point is that I expect this same result, despite many years of trying, will be replicated in Formula 1.

Yes - agreed. Eventually one woman will presumably come along who is good enough. That's just for snooker though - which doesn't have the physical requirements of F1.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

731861013.751909public.thumb.jpeg.af017b31bd5e358e5e07a5175142e112.jpeg

They slowly seem to be waking up, not too shabby from Endeavour so far today.

They reported reasonable year-end results this morning, and that was enough to move the needle.

Silvercrest was another one reporting today and they killed it with tons of cashflow and repayment of debt. +17% on open.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 7

Noallegiance

I'm an incredible stock picker.

I routinely find myself in stocks that don't do things like open up 17%.

It's quite the knack.

Edited by Noallegiance
  • Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 8
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

I'm an incredible stock picker.

I routinely find myself in stocks that don't do things like open up 17%.

It's quite the knack.

Easier than you think

image.thumb.png.ef030d6ede90bd9029fbbd0ecd7f9207.png

• Bogged 2
  • Lol 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, JMD said:

Even our so-called 'industrial' class have been captured by centralised state thinking. For me the stand out example is Jurgen Maier, the ex-boss of Siemens UK, and is always particularly loathsome when he appears on Question Time (I know!, but I like to monitor the QT audience for signs of political change, unfortunately they are as myopically ignorant as ever were). Character like him really make your heart sink.

Mair's family roots are Austrian but he has lived here since his youth. Here's an example from his website, lots of diversity/equity mantra, rabidly anti-brexit, etc...

https://juergenmaier.co.uk/is-the-populism-tide-turning/

How much of Siemens' businessis based around government contracts directly or indirectly?  I bet a lot, Think they are a company that are just very good at greasing the wheels.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/fca-fines-advice-firm-for-pushing-pensioners-to-drop-defined-benefit-scheme/ar-BB1jGL3q

...so let me get this right, the government insists that if I want to transfer/cash-in a DB pension I have to use [and pay] for financial advice that I do not need/want, the reasoning is that I could get bad advice otherwise...?.....

So the claimants I imagine will need to be put back into the position they would have been should they not have transferred out.

So for @DurhamBorn , me and several others in this thread who transferred it would mean taking money from us 🤦🏻‍♂️😆

• Lol 3