DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

Virgil Caine
1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

I find it perplexing that they're so focused on these sorts of exercises to shower people with money, and yet at the same time so obsessed with keeping wage inflation down.

They are still trying to pump prime consumption because they don’t have any other ideas for generating economic activity. Presumably this sort of stuff also is temporarily hidden from the general inflation and other monetary stats. Funding the buying of shit we can’t afford and that we don’t need is precisely the last thing Britain needs. At least during the post Second World War period of economic austerity from 1945-54 the government realised that fact.

• Agree 7

tbh, if you've ever worked in it, most customers can't get their head around that maths of a part exchange and how it affects the payable amount. And if there's a settlement involved (the need to pay off the outstanding loan on their old car) you've lost almost all of them

Edited by afly
affected
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 1

4 hours ago, Royston said:

The latest helicopter money drop for the feckless debt junkies seems to be gathering momentum...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/martin-lewis-says-staggering-30000-28793210

3 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

Very telling that I had to go back through the article with a fine tooth comb to find what exactly people are expected to be compensated for! The only mention (car finance) that I saw is hidden in the MSE link. It really is all just a pretext.

Good to see Lloyds on the front foot like it was with PPI. They have already set aside £450m....and with PPI it shelled out £21,900,000,000 (£21.9 billion) which is a huge pat on the back for the directors leading the way. (sarcasm)

Now of course the reality is somewhat different.....the directors get a pat on the back, keep close to the gov agenda and influence, maybe even pay themselves a bit more bonus for being proactive....and no one really works out that its the customers paying for it themselves. 

I remember thinking the feckless were ringing up claiming their 'free money' and some never even had PPI but records weren't available so the banks paid anyway. The money was then added to Lloyds costs and was paid for by borrowers, savers and shareholders. 

Not one employees or director paid a penny from their salary, this wasn't a 'fine' but rather a ponzi scheme. All aboard....new train in town. 🚂🚂

Edited by Pip321
  • Agree 6
  • Informative 1
  • Vomit 2

Axeman123
2 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

God to see Lloyds on the front foot like it was with PPI. They have already set aside £450m....and with PPI it shelled out £21,900,000,000 (£21.9 billion) which is a huge pat on the back for the directors leading the way. 

Banks are de facto nationalised IMO, ever since 2008. Govt pumps money in via printing and then dispenses it to client groups in society like a slush fund. Banks will no doubt be big donors to DEI/WEF etc causes too.

• Agree 7

Royston
5 minutes ago, TNS said:

Still fucks me off how i didn't load up with PPI and finance when i was younger, probably be mortgage free on the payouts by now. It's like a reward for being a fucking idiot.

When I did get my first mortgage in 2000 and was somewhat naive I did have PPI for the first few months because I was given the impression it was compulsory, I soon realised it wasn't necessary and binned it off... yet when I applied for my PPI compo I was told there's no record of me ever having it.

As ever, no free money for me.

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 2

sleepwello'nights
16 minutes ago, TNS said:

Still fucks me off how i didn't load up with PPI and finance when i was younger, probably be mortgage free on the payouts by now. It's like a reward for being a fucking idiot.

We were given a mortgage indemnity insurance policy when we took out a mortgage some time ago. Didn't pay a premium as it was an incentive with the mortgage. We made a mis-selling claim, well why not, it was rejected because the policy paid out when we once made a claim. I think we were paid out something like £2.50! As it paid out it we couldn't claim it was mis-sold.

I only claimed because we never made any deposits when Buidling Societies were demutualising and I missed out on that. Just like the PPI claims because we never took out any.

I'm claiming for the car interest, well why not.  Also the emission claims stuff for the same reason.  

I reckon its all part of helicopter money schemes dreamt up by the government, with back handers somwehere along the line.

Edited by sleepwello'nights
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Bid to cover was still 2.5 though so they didn't need to buy anything

• Informative 2

AlfredTheLittle
2 minutes ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

You're on the money guys and gals and lamposts, buckle up.

Because multi vehicle insurance and olive oil have gone up? First world problems! 

• Lol 1

Red Debt Redemption
2 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Because multi vehicle insurance and olive oil have gone up? First world problems! 

Use your eyes I'm not ya dad listing everything for you.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

reformed nice guy
2 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

image.jpeg.7788084bc83350eff5dbabf0c48f9f5b.jpeg

• Lol 6

8 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

multi vehicle insurance and olive oil have gone up?

And you're laughing

youre16.thumb.jpg.84a310c901f3b53fa08f8c5f141ed4c6.jpg

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

spygirl
2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Anecdotal: Local Fabrication and Light Engineering Co has received Zero new orders since January, can't go on for much longer if nothing received in the next month.

A small business that expanded nicely but probably a bit too much.

Strongly, .I've picked a local metal fab as my testco.

Did lots of staircases n work vans.

I'd usually picka pub but they all went bust in 08.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

3 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Enjoy! :-)))

Worth watching just for the insurance inflation commentary impo.

• Agree 4

sancho panza

@spygirl and @DurhamBorn think you've both warned on this one

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/03/12/morrisons-posts-1bn-loss-debt-interest-payments-soar/

Morrisons posts £1bn loss as debt interest payments soar

Interest costs amounting to £735m help push the retailer further into the red

Morrisons plunged to a £1bn loss last year amid a surge in debt interest payments linked to its private equity takeover.

The supermarket chain, which was acquired by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for £10bn in 2021, fell deeper into the red for the year ending October 2023 as finance costs grew.

Accounts for Morrison’s parent company, Market Topco, show the group made a pre-tax loss of £1.1bn last year after racking up £735m in interest costs.

These were tied to external debt and inter-company loans, with the debt-financing bill 23pc higher than the £593m incurred in 2022.

Results for Morrisons’ holding company show that revenue slipped to £18.4bn from £18.7bn in 2023, while underlying profits, with excludes debt interest costs, rose to £970m from £911m.

Fuel sales plunged more than £560m to £3.4bn last year, which was before the company sold off its 337 petrol forecourts to Motor Fuel Group in a £2.5bn deal two months ago.

Morrisons is expected to use a large chunk of that cash to pay down its £5.4bn debt pile.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 7
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 1