DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

I live in a flat roof sink estate house with 2 Ukrainians, a Romanian, a Jamaican and an old drunk. And my kids a few nights a week.

Progress indeed. And they wonder why we want the world to burn.

Are they all in your house, if so I commend you on you Diversity, Equity and Inclusion score as validated by Blackrock.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cringe 1

Calcutta
2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Are they all in your house, if so I commend you on you Diversity, Equity and Inclusion score as validated by Blackrock.

Nah the house is owned by some boomer with a mortgage were paying off for him.

Occasionally the tubby African cleaner comes round, watches the telly all day then does a shit job of vacuuming the floor and fucks off.

This country is finished. I'm just enjoying the ride for now.

• Agree 8
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Cringe 1

Chewing Grass
4 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

Announced the Russian sanctions a few minutes before market close. 

Metal markets closed for weekend now. 

Interesting week ahead when metals market opens ….

Gold from the US Civil War was readily laundered back in the day, you bought a hard-rock mine in the middle of nowhere, carried the loot in on a few mules over a few years and added it to 'the melt' every week.

I suspect this was also done at some mines in Wales due to sometimes miraculous production.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 6
  • Cheers 2

reformed nice guy
20 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

I live in a flat roof sink estate house with 2 Ukrainians, a Romanian, a Jamaican and an old drunk. And my kids a few nights a week.

Progress indeed. And they wonder why we want the world to burn.

They are doing better than their grandparents.

Economists would count that as British intergenerational wealth improvement/creation

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

IMG_1550.thumb.jpeg.4ac98f797411a3b66a90797808cc0d5c.jpeg

This surely will only be good news for metal miners. Limiting supply - raising price? Looks like metal prices are bouncing on this ….. 🤪

Action on metals to “curb Russian President Putin’s ability to fund his war machine” Further illustrates the media are just the mouth piece of our leaders….because sanctions just don’t make sense. 

The headline (if we genuinely thought the Ruskies were evil and Ukraines the good guys…and we wanted the war to stop) would be…

“We piss about with sanctions, corruption and behind the scenes deals/trades….whilst war is fuelled to make a few people (East and West) richer and more powerful.”

Mentioned before I was awoken not by covid (I know, I know) but by the fact Germanys action to hurt Russia when the invasion of Ukraine occurred was to stop buying the much needed oil….i thought “what the fucks that about”. 

It’s like trying to win a fight by holding your own breath until you pass out.

Anyhoo….golds on a run and looks like battle lines are being drawn up. At least this time (unlike covid) I can see the wider agenda and try invest/benefit accordingly rather than be outside waving whatever coloured flag they tell me to. 

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I went and looked at a piece of land for sale in North Yorkshire last week. Was separate part of 10 acre place with a beautiful 8 bed house, surrounded by trees, completely secluded, huge circular driveway. 

Owner told me it was built in the 60s by an engineer from ICI. I thought how the fuck did an engineer afford this? It's going on the market for over 2 million, an engineer wouldn't be able to even dream of affording it.

The past is indeed a foreign country.

Gets me thinking though. In 1965 I could have bought an ounce of gold for $20 now it’s almost $2400. 

House prices are mental I agree but it’s depends what we measure them in…..and I guess it isn’t necessarily the price of the house we should have the issue with but the lowering of the relative wages. The net impact however doesn’t negate the point being made though ie average Joe can’t buy a house but perhaps highlights where the issue lies. 

Couple of people have already said on this thread that over the last few days they have made more from their shares than they make in a month….and I know it doesn’t prove the point but perhaps illustrates it….wages don’t make you rich, well averages wages.

I know I left work at 50 despite a good office job and good pay. Also pay in my 50’s is the wealth creation period but I just felt I wouldn’t be paid enough for my very precious time. Work needs to be better rewarded. 

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

goldbug9999
16 hours ago, Royston said:

Remind me again.. how many years is it that we have we been observing this "unsustainable" "everything bubble" that's seemingly permenantly on the verge of going pop?

Nothing is going pop nominally while a $trillian every 100 days is being printed. Something Ive pointed out to countless TA merchants on twitter who have all been harping about "muh yield curve inversion" or their 1920s comparison charts predicating a depression or whatever bollocks.

Edited by goldbug9999
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 2

Royston
4 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Nothing is going pop nominally while a $trillian every 100 days is being printed. Something Ive pointed out to countless TA merchants on twitter who have all been harping about "muh yield curve inversion" or their 1920s comparison charts predicating a depression or whatever bollocks.

Every time the markets do start to look like they're struggling even just little a bit it seems like some money magically appears out of thin air that is pumped into them to prevent even a minor correction from occurring.  

Edited by Royston
  • Agree 4

honkydonkey

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/jobs/earn-salary-over-100k-but-still-feel-broke/

Our friends who live in a council house diagonal to us go on three holidays a year and have a brand new car. I had far more money as a single mum. I used to have my nails done, my hair done, regular waxes. That’s not even on my radar anymore. My last haircut I won as a prize in a raffle. I was so happy. 

Tick tock. 

Edited by honkydonkey
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 5
  • Cheers 1

Lightscribe
7 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

You also said that central banks would never raise interest rates when I said they would on another thread in 2020. 

You don’t think these things can happen, because they haven’t happened in your lifetime.

Fact is, cycles exist, and we’re living through an inflationary one right now in which no western country is set up for because of thinking it would never happen like you did.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

Collapse / bust is coming in the stock market followed by recession and stagflation. 

Followed by massive printing and the continuing headlong journey towards the destruction of fiat*. 

* Maybe throw in war also. It will be really interesting to see what will happen if Trump gets back in power. TPTB will be doing everything in their power to stop this from happening though. 

• Cheers 1

Bobthebuilder
42 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

It’s not really about the type of work, the job of a ‘milkman’ has now been consigned to the realms of history like so many others; typographers, Telegraphist, switchboard operators etc.

It’s a job that was taken by the 40 year disinflation cycle. Everyone’s remembers up to 80’s and gold/silver/red top milk delivered to the door along with the odd orange juice, bread etc. Cheap labour, cost cutting and supermarkets made it unviable.

Milkmen still exist, I get milk, eggs, and butter delivered every week. Just picked mine up from the front door just now. Milk still comes in bottles that I rinse out and put back by the door.

• Agree 8
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

1hr 18mins : TLDR

You got a brief summary PLEASE

or similar to this 

IMG_1558.jpeg

That would be just a snippet of the first few minutes.

Summary ex-nuances, detail, etc per the video description you can quickly read....

"David has a pretty grim outlook for the stock market. He expects stocks to fall 20-30% soon, recover before the election as the Federal Reserve returns to QE, and then, once the election is over, "drop precipitously"

Follow David at https://fipestreport.substack.com/"

I'm not bothered with numerical projections as those will be what they'll be but we are clearly in a major (above normal!) level of pre election spin (economic fakery) and one would assume the new incumbent would like to get the accumulated shite out the way asap at the start of their term.  Although making assumptions about "The Blob" is difficult given their opaque agenda and approach.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Lightscribe
33 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Milkmen still exist, I get milk, eggs, and butter delivered every week. Just picked mine up from the front door just now. Milk still comes in bottles that I rinse out and put back by the door.

Well they’ve long gone from my area as well as the depots (I should think now the majority of the nation buys their milk from the supermarket)

But can they afford a house being a ‘milkman’ now is more the point I was making. 

• Agree 2

Chewing Grass
2 hours ago, honkydonkey said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/jobs/earn-salary-over-100k-but-still-feel-broke/

Our friends who live in a council house diagonal to us go on three holidays a year and have a brand new car. I had far more money as a single mum. I used to have my nails done, my hair done, regular waxes. That’s not even on my radar anymore. My last haircut I won as a prize in a raffle. I was so happy. 

Tick tock. 

That was an interesting read, the level of lifestyle delusion is impressive, the woman who regards herself as a teacher (on £4K), childless Claudia (in media), the frozen egg people. Seems Isolde principally talked to her mates for the article.

• Agree 7