DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

Mandalorian
2 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Just being told about how moving into nuclear will remove the west's dependency on russian energy.

Complete balls of course, but interesting to hear the narrative for the herd.

Screenshot_20240412-111716.thumb.png.04d9a22661e53e8240b95d732297b05f.png

Glad to see the decision makers are finally catching up with my long held thesis about uranium.

Will it solve the Net ZeRo 'problem?  Will it stop Poo-tin?

Dunno.  Don't care.  But it will increase the value of my uranium stash.

I love a slice of Yellow Cake in the morning.

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Castlevania said:

Energy stocks in general. Even Harbour is up circa 20% over a similar period (and it’s gone ex-dividend to boot).

Oil is holding up…the most interesting thing I learned today apart harbor rise is…

uae oil company had preliminary talks to buy bp but nothing happened…pegged currency to dollar…if cable continues to weaken and oil prices remain high then bp really is foreign takeover target..it seems as other posters have said that uk companies could taken over by foreign companies, no matter what their size is..be lucky..

• Agree 2
  • Informative 8
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
6 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

It’s because it’s a major miner, and is included in a lot of index funds and there’s been a lot of outflow. That’s why the majors haven’t moved much and are only just starting to slowly move in response.

The juniors move first as they’re not effected by that so much.

The west still think a gold diversion from treasuries and a strong $ is impossible and that it will reverse even though it’s been happening in front of their eyes. It’s not in their financial models.

The west hates gold. It’s kryptonite to them. Because if gold is thundering up it means something else is badly wrong in the system.
That then means their comfy existence is in danger of being compromised. They don’t want or like that.

They don’t believe in this bull run and are firmly still focused on US tech and AI and will continue to do so unless fear is brought into the markets.

If gold does indeed carry on from the indicated direction like it has been, the west will FOMO accordingly.

The majors will get a break once gold/silver price makes their earnings bounce and their rises in their ASIC costs firmly in the rear view mirror. They move last but the leverage of higher prices means once they do start moving they’ll gap up rapidly.

It's lagging majors not just minors. Though at least it's making an effort now.

Mandalorian

baffledbyzirp
2 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Very interesting. Powell selling bonds and has NO liabilities! Yellen got paid $7,500,000 plus in speaker's fees even though her speeches are diabolical. Most engagements with major financial institutions, quelle surprise! Bribery in advance me thinks? Her only liability is a refund of a fee for a cancelled speech. Nice work if you can fiddle it. GLA be lucky.

• Agree 10

leonardratso

looks like fres lagged the majors somewhat earlier, but it ended with a blow out today;

image.png.55c1f628494c0b9f82b83da0563ef645.png

Mind you show aint over till the fat lady sings eh.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

BurntBread
2 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

I haven't gone through in detail, but what struck me was that Powell basically has broad market exposure to everything in the US, plus some of the rest of the world, with emphasis on Western markets. Arguably, this is exactly what you want someone with the ability to  move markets to have: in some sense, if he acts dishonestly in his own interest, he is also benefiting uncle Sam and everyone there with a 401k.

Yellen on the other hand, as well as all the speaker appointments, seems to have invested a significant amount into individual shares, including, notably ... Pfizer.

• Agree 7

Mandalorian
12 minutes ago, baffledbyzirp said:

Very interesting. Powell selling bonds and has NO liabilities! Yellen got paid $7,500,000 plus in speaker's fees even though her speeches are diabolical. Most engagements with major financial institutions, quelle surprise! Bribery in advance me thinks? Her only liability is a refund of a fee for a cancelled speech. Nice work if you can fiddle it. GLA be lucky.

Powell is not daft, is he?

• Agree 3

Lightscribe
13 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

looks like fres lagged the majors somewhat earlier, but it ended with a blow out today;

image.png.55c1f628494c0b9f82b83da0563ef645.png

Mind you show aint over till the fat lady sings eh.

2:30 US market open. That’s why I said it this morning as FRES is a FTSE listing.

The UK are cunt nuggets through and through. They wouldn’t be able to recognise a rising trend if it slapped them in the face.

• Agree 6
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 1

22 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Not sure this person is going to save the USA xD

That's a bloke.

• Lol 3

Anyone know of a SEDY equivalent that can be traded in Krautland? It's not available on Trade Republic. I have some SEDY in a UK-based trading account but would like some more EM exposure.

baffledbyzirp

The Taliban will be shitting itself. Holy crap what would Ike, Paton or Major General Smedley Butler think on this subject? What air brushed version of history are we to be force fed next? Is the image of the Stars and Stripes being raised at Iwo Jima to be superimposed with a rainbow flag. I give up. I want to find a deserted island where the weather is good, fuck-off and spend my dotage watching reruns of 'Dad's Army' and 'In Sickness and in Health', getting pleasantly pissed and reminiscing about simpler less confused times.

• Agree 7

ThoughtCriminal

Can anyone have a stab at explaining this for me?

Why would the dollar losing oil monopoly cause it to go higher because of large amounts of dollar denominated debt outside the US??

• Informative 1