DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

Mandalorian
5 hours ago, janch said:

AJ Bell sent some interesting info on their ISA investors and their ISA millionaires.  This is the bit about shares.  My bold especially for @Mandalorian:)

Dividend reinvestment has historically been a way to supercharge returns in an ISA portfolio thanks to compounding benefits. Using dividend money to buy more shares allows an investor to increase their ownership in a stock at no extra cost. They should receive even more dividends at the next round of distributions due to their increased ownership, and the company might have even grown its dividend as well. When you repeat this cycle over the space of decades, the compounding benefits can really shine through and boost the investor’s wealth.

No shit!

If they didn't pay out the dividend you would be in the same position.

In other news, the sky is blue.

• Lol 2

Bobthebuilder
33 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

In other news, the sky is blue.

Its not, that's the sun, hence why its black at night.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

Mandalorian
Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

Its not, that's the sun, hence why its black at night.

Unfamiliar with Rayleigh scattering?

You could argue nothing looks like anything, it's just how EM waves interact with our retinas and how the brain interprets the data.

• Agree 1

Bobthebuilder
Just now, Mandalorian said:

You could argue nothing looks like anything, it's just how EM waves interact with our retinas and how the brain interprets the data.

It is shorter waves, but the sky is not blue Mr fucking clever clogs.

• Lol 6

Mandalorian
Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

It is shorter waves, but the sky is not blue Mr fucking clever clogs.

9_9

Errol
9 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

might buy myself some cobalt.

Pair it with a fine pauillac for maximum enjoyment.

• Lol 4

Mandalorian
26 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

BATS divi day tomorrow, might buy myself some cobalt.

Capital recycling does you no good, you know

Bobthebuilder
12 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Capital recycling does you no good, you know

I like your posts, but I do sometimes think it would be more interesting if you had been posting here 4 years ago.

I just cant take you seriously,

• Agree 5
  • Informative 2

sancho panza
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Telcos put prices up 7% might lose 0.5% of their customers if any.Coffee shop puts prices up 2% loses 4% of customers ,Telcos on PEs of 5 (9 with debt),Starbucks on PE of 20 ,25 with debt.Starbucks debt trebled during the pandemic to $25 billion and has been stuck there for 4 years.

Ive jsut coma scored SBUX

Chart 1/5 Income 3/5 Balance SHeet 1/5 FCF 3/5 Sector 1/5=> Coma score 9/25.

So really poor coma score 17 my normal buy level

BS deserves some csurtiny.Some $3bn in goodwill plus the likelihood that US CRE is being marked to mdoel rather than teh market.

ALl in all there's not much to sell on ,debts are real assets conceal.

image.png.aa5b83009c0da87e1f604b17064383e5.png

image.png.582f119ad5f1880411b66c5338d47d00.png

image.png.84a1eeee45b7d98602e2abb4edcc68ac.png

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 8
  • Cheers 1

wherebee
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Errol said:

Someone mentioned woodside a few days ago. Down another 2.69% today so far.

me, I mentioned it.  It's a long term play - it'll go down a bit, sideways a bit, up a bit, all the while pushing our nice divvies and eventually it'll go mental when politics changes.

bottom picking is for monkeys

edit: tick tick tick for australian politicians holding back local oil and gas companies

gghjk.png

Edited by wherebee
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 6
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Exactly. There's no such colour as magenta.

• Lol 1

ThoughtCriminal

It's a measure of how fucked we are that George Galloway is the most Right-wing MP in Britain, and it's not even close.

• Agree 10
  • Cheers 1

sleepwello'nights
7 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I got into a twitter argument yesterday (I know, I know) which led me to do a deep dive on the Labour Force Survey and it's methodology. The LFS is what every commentary you'll ever see about labour participation rates is based on a

Anyway, food for thought.

Government departments use the results of the study to identify how and where they should be using public resources. They use the information to check how different groups in the community are affected by existing policies and to inform future policy changes.

Funny that I thought policy changes were attributable to whichever minority group had the most successful lobbying campaign. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

ThoughtCriminal
14 hours ago, Harley said:

We call it the "warm milk company" due to the lack of coffee.  Someone tried to tell me last week that it's got better.  I doubt it.  I always liked Pret coffee but as with Greggs, only window shopping now.

Costco do Nespresso pods that are as good as any expensive cup of coffee I've ever had. Works out about 10p a cup.

Mind blowing that people are paying 5 quid for a cup of brown piss from these places.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 1

Harley
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, feed said:

Lyn, Killing it as always.  

Just been on Thoughtfull Money too.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Pip321
Posted (edited)

My chance to influence and change the world today….its the mayoral election day in North Yorkshire & York and what a choice.

Got to vote but a quick read of the statements and it’s house building (I guess for Ukrainians and immigrants), food banks (er…shaz & co), limiting council tax (a lie) and supporting local businesses/better transport (yep, only the labour guy is talking business).

Great….maybe this isn’t a day to change the world. 

Edited by Pip321
  • Agree 3
  • Lol 2

Pip321
19 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Costco do Nespresso pods that are as good as any expensive cup of coffee I've ever had. Works out about 10p a cup.

Mind blowing that people are paying 5 quid for a cup of brown piss from these places.

We froth the milk manually in a cafeteria (pump it by hand)….takes less 1 minute. Sounds sad but it is perfect. Secret is to let the milk stand 2/3 minutes, then add the espresso (from the other cafeteria) and it’s fab. Unlimited top ups too. 

We used to go for a coffee at Starbucks almost everyday…..went recently and compared to our home brew and the little Italian independent place it was awful. 

We still like to sit down in a shitty dark room with those yellow daft lights, old battered furniture, unplastered walls, trip hazard floor boards and old comfy seats but now only twice a week. Independent shop we use….cos staff are nice and they do a nice coffee. 

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Lightscribe
11 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

We froth the milk manually in a cafeteria (pump it by hand)….takes less 1 minute. Sounds sad but it is perfect. Secret is to let the milk stand 2/3 minutes, then add the espresso (from the other cafeteria) and it’s fab. Unlimited top ups too. 

We used to go for a coffee at Starbucks almost everyday…..went recently and compared to our home brew and the little Italian independent place it was awful. 

We still like to sit down in a shitty dark room with those yellow daft lights, old battered furniture, unplastered walls, trip hazard floor boards and old comfy seats but now only twice a week. Independent shop we use….cos staff are nice and they do a nice coffee. 

Used to have a bean to cup Gaggia machine (bought from a price mistake from Holland Phillips outlet) , but it took up too much space and required regular maintenance etc so sold it for more than I bought it for.

Nowadays I just grind beans in advance in an air sealed pot and just use a Mokka pot. I also use a frother (ooh er missus) on heated milk.

IMG_6640.thumb.jpeg.3ee1fc985101a04cdd68d50c80616fbf.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Love / Hugz 1
  • Cheers 2