DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

One percent
Just now, stokiescum said:

It’s actualy very mellow in the beer garden no bag heads or alcoholics threatening to kill people for 5 quid maybe it’s to hot for them I’ve actualy stood myself down from

cunt mode to meer mortal mind I’ve had a fair few pints so it’s for the greater good particularly for me 

You not at work tonight?  

No nor tommorow I put 3kg on last week has I did nothing but eat chips and get pissed but it was fucking fun so I apologise in advance for my cuntish behaviour 

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

On 05/07/2019 at 03:08, Andersen said:

One to watch?  Sports Direct (Mike Ashley) loose 2 key staff in 1 week https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mike-ashley-loses-second-key-110429556.html

Definitely something up today -- results delay like this is almost unheard of.

There is confusion surrounding the release of results from Mike Ashley's Sports Direct, after the firm failed to publish them early on Friday morning.  In a statement, Sports Direct said it was "still finalising" the results, but anticipated publishing them on Friday. It is extremely unusual for results to be delayed in this way, and one analyst called events "an utter shambles".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49124375

1 hour ago, dgul said:

They missed their delayed (2pm), delayed (midday), delayed (10am), delayed (7am) announcement.  

I can't imagine that the delay is benign.  Trouble getting accounts signed off?

And they've missed their 4pm promise.  News after hours on a Friday isn't a good look...

leonardratso
3 minutes ago, dgul said:

And they've missed their 4pm promise.  News after hours on a Friday isn't a good look...

yeah, got to give the big boys a bit of time to offload and the plebs to be stuck in until monday.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

yeah, got to give the big boys a bit of time to offload and the plebs to be stuck in until monday.

Out now.  Fundamentals not dreadful.  I'd expect the price to bounce up Monday, except...

The big deal is a tax-demand / fine from Belgium (EU) of 700m euro, which is possibly the cause of the delay (came yesterday).  That's quite a painful hit if they can't negotiate it down.

Edited by dgul

1 hour ago, Tdog said:

Ouch wonder if any other countries think SD owes them unpaid tax.

I think it is the usual 'all EU trade goes through the low tax country of...' situation -- so this will be the tax bill for all EU.  I can't work out why it is so much, though.  (even given that it is more fine than unpaid tax).

4 hours ago, dgul said:

Out now.  Fundamentals not dreadful.  I'd expect the price to bounce up Monday, except...

The big deal is a tax-demand / fine from Belgium (EU) of 700m euro, which is possibly the cause of the delay (came yesterday).  That's quite a painful hit if they can't negotiate it down.

I don't think they know what the tax bill is for.  I'm starting to wonder if there's been a little fraud going on.

20 hours ago, leonardratso said:

It all looks very dodgy indeed.

Castlevania

That Sports Direct results statement is something to behold. Mike Ashley goes off on one massive rant with half of it being about Debenhams before right at the end slipping in that they’ve been hit with a €700m tax demand.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Castlevania said:

That Sports Direct results statement is something to behold. Mike Ashley goes off on one massive rant with half of it being about Debenhams before right at the end slipping in that they’ve been hit with a €700m tax demand.

I also note the bit where he goes on about chief executives needing to be drugs tested.  I think there's been a bit of naughty...

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Tdog said:

The entire 'office stationary shop' market has been decimated by a mixture of JIT suppliers and the internet in general.  I don't know of anyone that uses them except as a convenience in emergencies.  

Wight Flight
32 minutes ago, dgul said:

The entire 'office stationary shop' market has been decimated by a mixture of JIT suppliers and the internet in general.  I don't know of anyone that uses them except as a convenience in emergencies.  

Agreed. The industry is going nowhere.

😀😀😀

• Agree 7

Castlevania
36 minutes ago, dgul said:

Yet WHSmith still survives...

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Yet WHSmith still survives...

It sells overpriced water at airports.

Captive market. 

Castlevania
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

It sells overpriced water at airports.

Captive market. 

If you have an empty plastic bottle any bar or restaurant at the airport after check in has to fill said bottle for free.

Wight Flight
13 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

If you have an empty plastic bottle any bar or restaurant at the airport after check in has to fill said bottle for free.

I didn't know that. I always refill mine from the tap in the gents.

Thanks for the top tip.

58 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I didn't know that. I always refill mine from the tap in the gents.

Thanks for the top tip.

There are water fountains at various points in the terminals to 👍

On 28/07/2019 at 21:53, Castlevania said:

And now Grant Thornton has quit.  Apparently the other big auditors have declined to take them on.  What a disaster.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, dgul said:

And now Grant Thornton has quit.  Apparently the other big auditors have declined to take them on.  What a disaster.

I am pleased to find so many fellow New Utd supporters among the rank of auditors ...

Who the fuck wants to try and sot out the mess created by that useless cunt Ashley and his collection of hangson and thick family, as they blunder along doing stuff with no fucking oversight at all.

Why in cunting fuck di they think that useless copper, Keith Hallaway, would make a good chairman?

Tony Harrison‎ to Ingleby Barwick Noticeboard!

1 hr ·

Just thought I would pop into Stockton to see what I was getting for the 20 odd million our council is spending on the Globe theatre. Haven't been along the high street for a long time. There are no words to describe. 50% of the shops empty, the rest consisted of charity shops, amusement halls, pawnbrokers and bars. The council have spent millions on fancy rusty lampposts, street fountains, and in their own words, a whimsical train which pops up once a day. Which planet are they on to think this town needed to be saddled with massive debt to bring back a theatre that probably 1% of the people here can afford or care about. Rant over.

Marty Harsley Totally agree the government are struggling to find a way to make high streets work while the truth is people’s shopping habits have changed to online Stockton council are just wasting our money

Neil Crawford They built a three star hotel in a one star town, I believe the high street was once on record as the widest street in Europe, .it does look poor now.

Louise Claire This is not specific to stockton, the whole country and indeed modern world are dealing with the same issues, Stockton is actually held in high esteem for bucking the trend with a wide range of enterprise opportunities such as the enterprise yard etc....

It also offers a wide range of cultural events to draw visitors to the high street and the fountains themselves draw visitors they were bouncing last week with families enjoying the sunshine etc.

The theatre hasn’t cost the council £20odd million either, a large amount came from grants specifically aimed at bringing buildings of its kind back into use, with a international provider (ATG) it promises to be a fantastic resource....as for 1% I find that a ridiculous statement pretty much everyone I know travels to London, Sunderland etc to see broadway shows, comedians and intimate
music events

Louise Claire The total capital outlay by the council will be £22m

However it’s income is estimated at £18m a year....a conservative estimate by a leading provider of such establishments....bet you’d be one of the ones moaning if another building of historical interest had been ripped down

???? Louise studies at Teesside University. See doesnt say what. I guess its not economics.

Anyone who knows Stockton does ntot enter into town.

Tony Harrison Louise Claire Stockton Council raised its council tax by the maximum allowed without a referendum. 2.9%. This is more than £50 for the lowest band A properties. Do you think this is acceptable that the poorest people in the borough are paying towards a theatre when there are others within the local area?

Stephen Markham It’s not a fountain, it’s a free shower for the homeless 😂
Seeing as though we are south of the Tees shouldn’t we be North Yorkshire and borough of Middlesbrough and not Stockton-on-Tees or Durham?

sancho panza

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/08/westfield-the-latest-shopping-centre-firm-to-be-hit-by-wave-of-cvas/

Westfield has joined the likes of Intu and Hammerson in becoming the latest shopping centre giant to reveal its rental income has been affected by a wave of CVAs and administrations.

For the first half of its year ending July 31, Westfield’s UK shopping centres saw like-for-like rental income decrease by 3.1 per cent.

It attributed the decline to its vacancy rate – which stood at 8.7 per cent – as a result of a growing number of retailers shutting stores through CVAs or administrations.

It also blamed the vacancy rate on leasing delays and non-renewals, brought about as a result of uncertainty around Brexit.

However, Westfield saw a 6.4 per cent uptick in footfall across UK shopping centres in the first half of the year, outperforming the wider sector by 770 bps.

It also booked sales growth from tenants in May and June, with 7.9 per cent and 7.1 per cent increases respectively.

Parent company Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield attributed the sales rise to the opening of its extension at Westfield London and “the continued growth of Westfield Stratford City”.

On 28/07/2019 at 22:02, dgul said:

You're getting mixed up with the business that was reborn from Staples and has already gone again. Office Depot is one of your JIT suppliers it trades as Viking Direct, as far as I'm aware it has no stores in this country.