DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

27 minutes ago, One percent said:

And builders. Apparently my idiot builder who walked off the job is heavily invested. 9_9  might have been why he was so stressed. xD

If there are lots of local individual investors, I wonder what the implications are for the price behaviour. Presumably they are more likely to sit on the losses,so decline could be slower than otherwise?  

5 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

If there are lots of local individual investors, I wonder what the implications are for the price behaviour. Presumably they are more likely to sit on the losses,so decline could be slower than otherwise?  

Dunno but practically every I talk to in the town has taken a punt. Don’t know how much though it I think it was a bit like gold fever when the shares hit the market. o.O

55 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

It will but the question is when the worlds populations only going one way 

Thats the pitch.

Its wrong.

Price of potash (yes I know sirius is not quite potash, whch is a bad thing) is set by a duopoly running in Belarussia n Russia.

They have large, open casts mines, much closer to Asia.

There's so much B and bollox around Sirius.

The worst one, which they use to make the figures work, is '100 year mine'

Bullshit.

Mines have an economic life of ~40 years.

After then, the resources are mined out, or the tunnel start collapsing.

Its not a if local have far to walk - Boulby opened 1974ish. The place is falling to bits now. It should have shut 10 years ago.

I went down Boulby a few years ago. Its fucked, being run to eek every last penny out.

47 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Sirius is a dire AIM idiot punters stock.

You arenot trading on fundamentals. You are trading against a lod of idiots perceptions.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Thats the pitch.

Its wrong.

Price of potash (yes I know sirius is not quite potash, whch is a bad thing) is set by a duopoly running in Belarussia n Russia.

Bullshit.

Its not a if local have far to walk - Boulby opened 1974ish. The place is falling to bits now. It should have shut 10 years ago.

I went down Boulby a few years ago. Its fucked, being run to eek every last penny out.

You arenot trading on fundamentals. You are trading against a lod of idiots perceptions.

from lse

Burford Capital SP stabilised after yesterday’s sterling defence of the company in an RNS and today notification of senior executive share purchase - all good for confidence.

What is needed here is similar action from the BoD and J Curve, the longer they are silent the more this looks like the plan to get rid of the PIs.

Let’s have confirmation of the date that SXX are to rengage with the bond markets - 3rd Sept?

It seems to be a British national pastime to rubbish British Companies, we seem to gloat when someone succeeds and and take pleasure when they fail, unlike the Americans who champion success. Why are we not seeing some press release from SXX confirming all the positives and calm the market, though I know the SXX share is now in panic territory and the shorters and day traders are in a feeding frenzy on the remains of whats left of the stalwart LT PIs. SXX should emply Sean Bean to promote the company with the slogan " This is not any old POLYHALITE this is YORKSHIRE POLYHALITE" That should see the share price rise

If you are worried about your investment here contact one of the local MPs near the project and emphasise (if you did like me) that you invested in the project because you wanted to support good jobs for an area that badly needs them. The government have crowed endlessly about post brexit opportunities and their support for them but if they fail to support this project those promises are very hollow. The instability in the bond issuance was certainly caused in part by the government changing its brexit stance, what are they going to do about it?

Totally agree , then they see it go back up and feel even worse , does look like the bottom Is 7.80 , keeps going back over 8 then we might see a few shorts close and a bit of buying. 

Very oversold now on a conspiracy , still plenty of time to get bonds through and the SP has become not real and disconnected with reality. 

Just because they want a better coupon rate and bonds may not be the full story other options may present themselves. 

This projects to far in now with lots of money at stake. My guess is the shorters have had their fill now and most people are content to wait it out or buy in this SP

These people need putting in an asylum.

Stockton!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-your-money-49295651

The town's approach to fighting High Street decline has been influential. A picture by a local artist is on the cover of the second report by retail tsar Bill Grimsey.

"I like to think we inspired Bill Grimsey," Mr Cooke says as he explains the council's approach to regeneration.

The town's strategy aims to keep people visiting the town centre.

To that end, the town promotes festivals and markets to draw in the crowds.

Last year's Stockton International Riverside Festival attracted 65,000 visitors, the council estimates, while more quirky attractions include the Stockton Flyer, a steampunk-style sculpture that rises from a stone plinth, clanking and whistling, every lunchtime.

Total fucking bollocks.

Like the other councils, all within ~15 miles of Stockton - Stockton, Mbro, Redcar, Hartlepool, Durham, even North Yorks.

They have a bloated public sector, which sucks all money out of he business and residents.

The 'retail czar' is just someone hwo got lucky with Iceland (falling to bits) and DIY sheds (fallen to bits).

Theres no fucing point spendign mone yto attarct people to the odd event. Its just not viable.

You need to make sure that Stockton is services its local population and that they work.

They need to slash LA employees by 50% and set business rates as low as possible.

And stop handing out money to doley scum.

• Agree 1

Jason Maxwell runs a business-backed not-for-profit body that aims to get visitors returning "again and again" to Stockton

These gormles fuckers doing not-for-profit, as its some kind of magic. Its not. All the money goes on salaries for the useless, like the bloke above running the BID, which is just another tax on local business.

Mr Maxwells linkin is very, err, sparse and vague between finishing school and working for the BID

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/business/business-news/stockton-traders-face-extra-tax-11374199

Hundreds of traders in a Teesside town will face an extra tax to help promote their area, after businesses voted in favour of a BID (Business Improvement District) plans.

They might want to look up 'help' in the dictionary.

Refurbishing the 3,000-capacity venue, which in its heyday hosted performances by the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, was originally expected to cost £4m. Its current budget is £26.5m.

Edited by spygirl

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Thats the pitch.

Its wrong.

Bullshit.

What a load of bullshit

https://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/business/sirius-minerals-reassures-investors-after-share-value-drops-1-9932081

A spokesman for the company explained that the trade war ramping up between the US and China had caused a negative impact on the market, prompting Sirius to postpone the bond issue.

How?

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

from lse

Burford Capital SP stabilised after yesterday’s sterling defence of the company in an RNS and today notification of senior executive share purchase - all good for confidence.

What is needed here is similar action from the BoD and J Curve, the longer they are silent the more this looks like the plan to get rid of the PIs.

Let’s have confirmation of the date that SXX are to rengage with the bond markets - 3rd Sept?

It seems to be a British national pastime to rubbish British Companies, we seem to gloat when someone succeeds and and take pleasure when they fail, unlike the Americans who champion success. Why are we not seeing some press release from SXX confirming all the positives and calm the market, though I know the SXX share is now in panic territory and the shorters and day traders are in a feeding frenzy on the remains of whats left of the stalwart LT PIs. SXX should emply Sean Bean to promote the company with the slogan " This is not any old POLYHALITE this is YORKSHIRE POLYHALITE" That should see the share price rise

If you are worried about your investment here contact one of the local MPs near the project and emphasise (if you did like me) that you invested in the project because you wanted to support good jobs for an area that badly needs them. The government have crowed endlessly about post brexit opportunities and their support for them but if they fail to support this project those promises are very hollow. The instability in the bond issuance was certainly caused in part by the government changing its brexit stance, what are they going to do about it?

Totally agree , then they see it go back up and feel even worse , does look like the bottom Is 7.80 , keeps going back over 8 then we might see a few shorts close and a bit of buying. 

Very oversold now on a conspiracy , still plenty of time to get bonds through and the SP has become not real and disconnected with reality. 

Just because they want a better coupon rate and bonds may not be the full story other options may present themselves. 

This projects to far in now with lots of money at stake. My guess is the shorters have had their fill now and most people are content to wait it out or buy in this SP

These people need putting in an asylum.

Let's face, in the scheme of things, the $500 million they have to pull in is a drop in the ocean considering the size of the project. I cannot see this project being abandoned for this amount. Someone like Branson could buy this amount with his pocket change.

jesus. thee people are morons.

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

you should calm down before you give yourself a heart attack.

I am in a zen like state of told-you-so.

Other people who I know, who were heavily/soley invested in Sirius ...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I am in a zen like state of told-you-so.

Other people who I know, who were heavily/soley invested in Sirius ...

I’m not but I did used to watch it and Iqe on aim 8-9 years ago I didn’t buy any Sirus 

18 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

Wework, that is if they manage to get listed in the first place

“community adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation”.

Yeeeesssssss.....

One think the US - and UK - wont be short of is commercial office space.

LAs are going to be converting out retail space to commercial units and hip high techers like me to work in them.

• Agree 1

On 13/08/2019 at 06:28, spygirl said:

Wow.

Just had a Burford head o nthe R4 business news @ 6.15.Wow.

What a lof of shit and bullshit and lies. Allegedly, as they are lawyers.

Those crims need need to be in jail rather than the business news.

Lessons have been learned ....

Burford CFO is off.

Thatll make for an uncomfortable weekend, as the CEO is - at the moment - married to the CFO.

leonardratso
27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Lessons have been learned ....

Burford CFO is off.

Thatll make for an uncomfortable weekend, as the CEO is - at the moment - married to the CFO.

did they announce it at 15.30 perchance?

image.png.e45a6675459a7c7389b2acb6234db8ee.png

and did OAP happy hour end at 15:30ish at spoons so all the old duffer SIPP buyers could get online;

image.png.dc04849d979cbeeee3f9cce370f12b0b.png

Edited by leonardratso

17 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

did they announce it at 15.30 perchance?

image.png.e45a6675459a7c7389b2acb6234db8ee.png

and did OAP happy hour end at 15:30ish at spoons so all the old duffer SIPP buyers could get online;

image.png.dc04849d979cbeeee3f9cce370f12b0b.png

Burford also said it was in the early stages of seeking a US stock market listing by the end of March 2020. The company pledged to pursue a listing on the London Stock Exchange Main Market if that was not possible. It is currently listed on the junior Aim marketplace in London.

Burford said the “deep liquidity” on Wall Street as well as the opportunity to “access a broad pool of US investors” who were more familiar with US litigation made listing there more appealing.

Yeah right. Bust by ~November.

reformed nice guy

It will probably take years before it collapses, but the We Company, which own WeWorks will likely collapse. They filed with the SEC for their upcoming IPO:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1533523/000119312519220499/d781982ds1.htm

Highlights include:

"We have a history of losses and, especially if we continue to grow at an accelerated rate, we may be unable to achieve profitability at a company level (as determined in accordance with GAAP) for the foreseeable future."

"Although we do not currently believe our net loss will increase as a percentage of revenue in the long term, we believe that our net loss may increase as a percentage of revenue in the near term and will continue to grow on an absolute basis."

"For any of these reasons, we may be unable to achieve profitability for the foreseeable future and may face challenges in growing our cash flows. We may not be able to continue to retain existing members, most of whom enter into membership agreements with short-term commitments, or to attract new members in sufficient numbers or at sufficient rates to sustain and increase our memberships or at all."

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, reformed nice guy said:

It will probably take years before it collapses, but the We Company, which own WeWorks will likely collapse. They filed with the SEC for their upcoming IPO:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1533523/000119312519220499/d781982ds1.htm

Highlights include:

"We have a history of losses and, especially if we continue to grow at an accelerated rate, we may be unable to achieve profitability at a company level (as determined in accordance with GAAP) for the foreseeable future."

"Although we do not currently believe our net loss will increase as a percentage of revenue in the long term, we believe that our net loss may increase as a percentage of revenue in the near term and will continue to grow on an absolute basis."

"For any of these reasons, we may be unable to achieve profitability for the foreseeable future and may face challenges in growing our cash flows. We may not be able to continue to retain existing members, most of whom enter into membership agreements with short-term commitments, or to attract new members in sufficient numbers or at sufficient rates to sustain and increase our memberships or at all."

Burford?

Nah, months.

Its v Quindellian, without dumb Ocker law firm.

crashmonitor
On 01/08/2019 at 15:51, sancho panza said:

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/08/westfield-the-latest-shopping-centre-firm-to-be-hit-by-wave-of-cvas/

Westfield has joined the likes of Intu and Hammerson in becoming the latest shopping centre giant to reveal its rental income has been affected by a wave of CVAs and administrations.

For the first half of its year ending July 31, Westfield’s UK shopping centres saw like-for-like rental income decrease by 3.1 per cent.

It attributed the decline to its vacancy rate – which stood at 8.7 per cent – as a result of a growing number of retailers shutting stores through CVAs or administrations.

It also blamed the vacancy rate on leasing delays and non-renewals, brought about as a result of uncertainty around Brexit.

However, Westfield saw a 6.4 per cent uptick in footfall across UK shopping centres in the first half of the year, outperforming the wider sector by 770 bps.

It also booked sales growth from tenants in May and June, with 7.9 per cent and 7.1 per cent increases respectively.

Parent company Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield attributed the sales rise to the opening of its extension at Westfield London and “the continued growth of Westfield Stratford City”.

I really admire investors that stick with their retail commercial investments in these times of uncertainty. I note Woodford's favourite share at the moment is New River Reit.

I'm not very good at spotting the dogs and it's a sector I don't invest in. I would have probably thought I had hit paydirt gold if I was proffered a share in a retail centre in 1987 whose big rentals were Ratners, Coloroll and Sock Shop. What could possibly go wrong.

• Agree 1

leonardratso

all fine companies (non of which exist anymore and in the grand scheme of things its like they never existed - much like everything and everyone).

4 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

I really admire investors that stick with their retail commercial investments in these times of uncertainty. I note Woodford's favourite share at the moment is New River Reit.

I'm not very good at spotting the dogs and it's a sector I don't invest in. I would have probably thought I had hit paydirt gold if I was proffered a share in a retail centre in 1987 whose big rentals were Ratners, Coloroll and Sock Shop. What could possibly go wrong.

I thought Ratners rebranded? H.Samuel is the same company, no?

On 15/08/2019 at 18:41, reformed nice guy said:

Highlights include:

"Hey freelancer come work at our office, which is just like the place you used to work at and hated in your coporate gig, except this time you'll have to pay £1k a month pleasure. But it's ok because we'll give you an 7 year olds school desk and chair we found in the skip and place it next to the toilets. You'll be so hip. You'll also get to play foosball with all the other mugs so it's totally worth £1k a month."

Or you could just work from home and use skype...all for £0.

Edited by gibbon
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

And a 2 second commute.

And then you go mad and start looking forwards to having a conversation with the postman.

It can be important to have some of the social interaction that comes with 'an office'.  But the Wework thing is bonkers expensive compared with what is actually needed.

• Agree 1