DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

200 years later look how it worked out for the generational landowners ;) They've done just fine.

Yes not has well in France though

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Does make you wonder what's happened to all the money that's poured into Africa in the last 40 years.

You'd think they'd have managed to come up with the idea of creating reservoirs and a piping system to get it to almost every single house like the rest of the world has managed.

Africa and Africans are fucked. Always have been and always will be. You can take the kaffir out the bush but you'll never take the bush out the kaffir.
I know as I'm from Africa. Rhodesia, a beauiful country, now Zimbabwe, a utter shit hole thanks to the British and US goverment and their insistance on "one man one vote".

3 minutes ago, harp said:

Africa and Africans are fucked. Always have been and always will be. You can take the kaffir out the bush but you'll never take the bush out the kaffir.
I know as I'm from Africa. Rhodesia, a beauiful country, now Zimbabwe, a utter shit hole thanks to the British and US goverment and their insistance on "one man one vote".

Bobthebuilder
6 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

maybe you then have the time to start a business selling 2nd hand Nokias from the back of your honda 50 or growing coffee or whatever.

Well put, reminds me of when I first moved to London.

Wanted to say thanks @Cattle Prod for mentioning the Guinness energy fund. I like that one, think I may be addicted. First fund I've bought in a long while.

Thanks everyone as always.

23 minutes ago, harp said:

I used to piss Zimbabweans off by calling it Rhodesia I even used to read a few books by a famous author from there they all said he isn’t African im

like if I said your kids not British you would go bananas I think he was 3rd or 4th generation Rhodesian and he wrote mainly about Africa bloody annoyed now I can’t temember his name

17 minutes ago, dnb24 said:

OECD M3 data- shows largest increase in m3 money supply in 2020-21 since 1981.

DFF73510-1E59-4669-AA66-5CFB18FA1B48.jpeg

See how its now moving from M1 into M3 ;) thats the place it sits before being spent.

sleepwello'nights

A few weeks back when the Gamestop short saga hit the headlines we had a discussion about silver prices. 

The few coins I ordered turned up today, a long story over messing up my new address led to the delay. Anyway I ordered from Germany, where the VAT margin scheme is used.  Even though the unit price has dropped a bit since I ordered the price I've paid is less than I would have to pay if ordering from the UK today. 

2 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

No, they will have less kids when they are better off. It's not common sense to have less kids when you need them to look after you. The price of oil is dirt cheap, and has been, along with capitalisms application of it, the single biggest factor in enabling people rise out of poverty. You can't do much work to help your family when you have to walk 2 hours each way to get some fucking water.

name an African country which had less kids as they got richer.

You can't.

Look at South Africa, where the Boers created untold riches and wealth.  I do not see any evidence that black populations cease to breed until external forces stop them.

apqxdgny2sl01.png

1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

A few weeks back when the Gamestop short saga hit the headlines we had a discussion about silver prices. 

The few coins I ordered turned up today, a long story over messing up my new address led to the delay. Anyway I ordered from Germany, where the VAT margin scheme is used.  Even though the unit price has dropped a bit since I ordered the price I've paid is less than I would have to pay if ordering from the UK today. 

I've been waiting for an update!  So no import duties or additional VAT?

2 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Like I said education only a thick fuck would walk 2 miles each way for water  .and let cows shit in your drinking water .money helps them have less children and the internet is opening up education and networking one such group were the Wedgwood and Darwin’s of those with ideas ie not dissimilar to how we use the internet on a whole range of subjects like don’t let cows shit in your drinking water it’s not good for you.you could of course counter with cheap fuel drove the industrial revolution ie cheap coal and I would point out the increase in education that created the people that could take advantage of the cheap fuel via innovation 

I think its a bit of a show, put on by African grifters.

But like kilted bagpipers in Edinburger.

When you see non pan handling films of Africa, most of it is pretty green n lush.

Cant be that much of a fly blown desert shitehole - co oare Afrucas mega fauna (Elephants, Rhinis etc) to UKs - fat single mothers

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I used to piss Zimbabweans off by calling it Rhodesia I even used to read a few books by a famous author from there they all said he isn’t African im

like if I said your kids not British you would go bananas I think he was 3rd or 4th generation Rhodesian and he wrote mainly about Africa bloody annoyed now I can’t temember his name

Wilbur Smith?

16 minutes ago, wherebee said:

You can't.

Look at South Africa, where the Boers created untold riches and wealth.  I do not see any evidence that black populations cease to breed until external forces stop them.

apqxdgny2sl01.png

They have less kids over here has I know several however many are sending cash home to surport relitives. One friends wife is a consultant and they have paid for a school to be built

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

When you see non pan handling films of Africa, most of it is pretty green n lush.

Cant be that much of a fly blown desert shitehole - co oare Afrucas mega fauna (Elephants, Rhinis etc) to UKs - fat single mothers

"If you put a walking stick in the ground in Africa, it will grow" ~ Some guy whose name I forget

sleepwello'nights
13 minutes ago, wherebee said:

You can't.

Are the African's in South Africa getting richer?

The example of the UK post WW2 showed that the reduction in population growth wasn't just general affluence but a combination of factors, including the increase in women in the workplace, the pressure of increases in housing costs, the desire for women to have careers and escape domestic chores.

I'm not denying that subliminal biological factors didn't have an effect. The population boom after the end of WW2 is clearly a response to the deaths of the war and there probably was a link with the growth slowing as the effects diminished. 

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Most of it’s a shit hole but there’s money to be made a couple of carers used to break certain 4x4 cars and ship them back to family to sell.they then bought land for them they quit care work to do this full time

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Fed sharply upgrades US growth forecast to 6.5% for 2021   

Central bank signals no rate rise until at least 2024 despite offering more optimistic outlook

https://www.ft.com/content/3d7704d3-a312-4294-95bc-90233f469ccd

If you've a lot of of variable debt then you need to be bracing...

Just came across this the other day great for pay walled websites

http://archive.ph just add the url you want to view

The article above is here https://archive.ph/WaBtO

9 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Wilbur Smith?

That’s the guy quite like some of his ancient African stuff the last one was based in Egypt dureing the time of the pharaohs 

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

That’s the guy quite like some of his ancient African stuff the last one was based in Egypt dureing the time of the pharaohs 

I liked the ones with Taita 

3 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I read a load of his stuff as a kid. I thought it was great.

13 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Are the African's in South Africa getting richer?

The example of the UK post WW2 showed that the reduction in population growth wasn't just general affluence but a combination of factors, including the increase in women in the workplace, the pressure of increases in housing costs, the desire for women to have careers and escape domestic chores.

I'm not denying that subliminal biological factors didn't have an effect. The population boom after the end of WW2 is clearly a response to the deaths of the war and there probably was a link with the growth slowing as the effects diminished. 

Not per head.

Whatever piss poor growth they get,  increase population doubles.

Just look at Ethiopea.

9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Not per head.

Whatever piss poor growth they get,  increase population doubles.

Just look at Ethiopea.

Is it nigeria that’s due to overtake South Africa has its largest economy

Archived