DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

9 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Well I'm ya 'go-to-guy' in regards to ... Chinese cooking!

(YES @leonardratso laughing at the back now! :Old:)

Anyway... I'll tell ya why?

During many UK winter years i spent a LOT of time in SE-Asia, and discovered a lot of secrets to their way of cooking, i used to get chatting to the cook and pick their brains some even let in into the back of the kitchen showing off their cooking skills!

If you guys tasted my secret dipping sauce you'd be coming in ya panties i kid you not! I've even approached a few UK companies to license the recipe, which I may try again in the future so I'll have to keep that one a secret!

OK, 1st up about soup making, from scratch cook a bone in the pot! your tip MSG, yeah great flavour enhancer, but I've run out of the packet that i bought over from the Far-East 2 years ago that only cost 29p over there! xD So instead I've been using a splash of 'maggi seasoning sauce' you can get it from most supermarkets for a £1.00 a bottle ...and this stuff does have MSG in it.

image.jpeg.2a381a5919ace467f3f2d25be7824c89.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a3d79f2228100cd8dfe12c32c7f86311.jpeg

My TOP tip for Chinese cooking:

Splash of Thai fish sauce AND coconut palm sugar - you can buy coconut palm sugar in the UK but it's EXPENSIVE, again I'm low on my 1 Kilo supply that cost me about 69p from the Far-East :-) however i used molasses and it's just as good.

Incidentally you could just use plain 'ol sugar but the way i do it ...it's the little touches that make ALL the difference also its healthier and it doesn't cost that much extra.

WARNING: ONLY use Tiparos Thai fish sauce - trust me the others in the UK are crap!

Most of my Oriental meals cost no more than a quid, if i get a lot of YRS reductions ...well you can guess what each meal would cost!:D

image.jpeg.024191a4746c6aa0b5b371a776226bf4.jpeg

Blimey, not only have we got Fanny Craddock (nee Buffett) here, now we have Fu Man Chu! :-) :-) :-)

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stinky Wizzleteats
11 hours ago, Barnsey said:

Like I keep saying, housing market 'creativity' has only just begun...

BBC saying Cornwall has overtaken London for property searches for the first time ever. Guess a property crash won't be evenly distributed

jamtomorrow
34 minutes ago, nirvana said:

nah bollox, up the yuro! :S

he doesn't like shitcoins either https://thedailycoin.org/2021/03/05/alasdair-macleod-bitcoin-will-die-along-with-fiat-currencies-video/

Dear God, please give us our 'daily coin' Amen

Dsiclaimer: I've had my daily coffee and nuts so I'm a but hyper at the mo :Jumping:

Also interesting that Coinbase Pro doesn't deal in £sss it's €ssss........the experiment is not quite dead yet :P

Is this the same MacLeod that spent most of 2020 saying the USD system would implode by year end?

working woman
35 minutes ago, nirvana said:

I've had my daily coffee and nuts so I'm a but hyper at the mo :Jumping:

Blimee! How much do you drink - a bucket full?         Porridge with banana and a mug of decaf tea for me this morning.

Back in to work today, 3rd time this week to get the shop (clothes) ready for reopening 12th April.

Unpacked a 150 box delivery, nothing interesting in it.  I suspect it is all last years summer stock which may have sat at the docks for months whilst the company went through a pre-pack administration. 

No idea if China is up and running making anything.  Anyone know? 

@DurhamBorn During conversation, the Store Manager said to me, "If you need any garden furniture, get it now as China aren't making any".  Someone she knows works in that line of work.  Sounds like you got out of your sideline in time. 

24 minutes ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

BBC saying Cornwall has overtaken London for property searches for the first time ever. Guess a property crash won't be evenly distributed

Another interesting trend - I live in the West Country and have chatted to a few young people (20's) who have given up their rented flats in London and are renting here whilst they can work from home. Whilst all the fun social things are shut in London, it makes sense.

@LightscribeThanks for the recipes and tips. I love Thai food.

Democorruptcy
12 hours ago, No One said:

results

sum
pcm	700	

pa	8400	274435.608
	9600	313640.6949
	10800	352845.7818
	12000	392050.8686

so assuming rent between £700 and £1000 pcm you'd pay between 1/4 million to 2/5ths of a million. I want to drive this tosser over with a JCB

Work out what you think an average mortgage rate might be over a 25 year term and do the figures you would pay for that.

The mortgage figures would need a deposit paying, on the figures you have already done there is no deposit to pay, you could keep it and invest it. Then offset the investment returns from the payments.

8 minutes ago, working woman said:

Blimee! How much do you drink - a bucket full?         Porridge with banana and a mug of decaf tea for me this morning.

i used to eat porridge and nanas but I saw the light and now it is coffee with chilli infused coconut oil and a gobfull of sunflower seeds or nuts.......breakfast is for pups!

I have a message from the enlightened ones, CARDANO TO THE MOON! Get in now

Right I'm off to talk to the sun gods, have fun!!!

tenor (1).gif

1 hour ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

Free Cornwall (from jumped up wankers born in the Home Counties that lived in London for a while).

1 hour ago, Stinky Wizzleteats said:

Definitely think we're looking at long term regional rebalancing of house prices, which will be accelerated by higher mortgage rates in time.

564b1ae2dd089528168b46b1.jpeg.393b7c7a5ef8f81d78aa85d04565022c.jpeg

Lightscribe
22 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Free Cornwall (from jumped up wankers born in the Home Counties that lived in London for a while).

Nope everyone needs to experience them. I’ve seen the perfectly shitty London suburbs be taken over by overpriced pop ups, wanky coffee shops and artisan bakers. I’m glad they’ve buggered off. Cornwall can have them, I’m sure it has a Waitrose to herd them into containment.

They belong in the Home Counties anyway. My favourite quote once was on the train upon entering London by a very well spoken young girl with her friends saying ‘Isn’t that cute all the houses are joined together!’

Lightscribe
11 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Definitely think we're looking at long term regional rebalancing of house prices, which will be accelerated by higher mortgage rates in time.

564b1ae2dd089528168b46b1.jpeg.393b7c7a5ef8f81d78aa85d04565022c.jpeg

You have to take that in context of what is considered London and it pretty much cuts off at the London peak in 2014/15 when it stagnated. Central London hasn’t really done much at all since.

The stamp duty saving was peanuts to the higher end and made no difference to flats at the lower end as no one wanted them and it made no odds to first time buyers who were priced out anyway.

F591C36E-DE94-4867-99D1-6F520AB82952.jpeg

Bricormortis
16 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Nope everyone needs to experience them. I’ve seen the perfectly shitty London suburbs be taken over by overpriced pop ups, wanky coffee shops and artisan bakers. I’m glad they’ve buggered off. Cornwall can have them, I’m sure it has a Waitrose to herd them into containment.

They belong in the Home Counties anyway. My favourite quote once was on the train upon entering London by a very well spoken young girl with her friends saying ‘Isn’t that cute all the houses are joined together!’

Heard similar from a woman from Sierra Leone. When she first arrived in UK she couldn't believe how utterly massive the houses were, until it then it dawned on her how we live in terraces.

12 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

You have to take that in context of what is considered London and it pretty much cuts off at the London peak in 2014/15 when it stagnated. Central London hasn’t really done much at all since.

The stamp duty saving was peanuts to the higher end and made no difference to flats at the lower end as no one wanted them and it made no odds to first time buyers who were priced out anyway.

1719824462_1.-House-prices-in-UK-nations-1-600x450(1).png.37dcaf98bc7f872716fdfc13218e96c2.png

Bit more up to date one there

Lightscribe
13 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I've been experimenting with cream in my coffee, delicious. Got too much of it though, 600ml is a lot to get through. Finally finished it this morning, 9 days past its use by date and about two weeks past its "consume within 3 days" warning. Just goes to show how ridiculous these dates are, when did dairy change from best before to use by anyway? Probably EU regs.

So for you bin scroungers, don't be shy about double cream! I bet @Yellow_Reduced_Sticker isn't. What unbelievable waste there is.

20210319_100804.jpg

A bit of Irish whiskey in the coffee too with the cream will go down a treat just to kick start the day. :)

On another note, in Dosboders frugalness tips, you can always make butter out of any reduced double cream at the supermarket.

https://www.farmdrop.com/blog/homemade-butter-easy-recipe-under-30-minutes/

17 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I've been experimenting with cream in my coffee, delicious. Got too much of it though, 600ml is a lot to get through. Finally finished it this morning, 9 days past its use by date and about two weeks past its "consume within 3 days" warning. Just goes to show how ridiculous these dates are, when did dairy change from best before to use by anyway? Probably EU regs.

So for you bin scroungers, don't be shy about double cream! I bet @Yellow_Reduced_Sticker isn't. What unbelievable waste there is.

20210319_100804.jpg

I love it when the double cream is 75% off at Tesco,i tend to make butter with it,easy in a food processor.I got a big haul of food monday night at Tesco,5 packs of cubed Irish Beef for £1.25 instead of £5 each,a few 750g 5% steak mince 88p etc.

As for the Soy for Chinese,as mentioned above i find Pearl River the best for an authentic takeaway taste as thats the one 90% of them use.Lee Kum Klee is actually a bit nicer,but i use Pearl River because my kids love chicken chow mein from the takeaway and you get it exactly the same (with MSG of course as well).Has to be Pearl River Superior though the dark one,and also the light.

If you want Satay the one they all use is called Jimmys Satay sauce.

For noodles you want Lucky Boat no1 ,thats what nearly all takeaways use,a trip to a chinese food shop and you can stock up on all the basics.I have found a cheap alternative though are Lidls chinese egg noodles.In the chow mein they are very similar and at 45p for 3 portions nice and cheap.

Popuplights
28 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I love it when the double cream is 75% off at Tesco,i tend to make butter with it,easy in a food processor.I got a big haul of food monday night at Tesco,5 packs of cubed Irish Beef for £1.25 instead of £5 each,a few 750g 5% steak mince 88p etc.

As for the Soy for Chinese,as mentioned above i find Pearl River the best for an authentic takeaway taste as thats the one 90% of them use.Lee Kum Klee is actually a bit nicer,but i use Pearl River because my kids love chicken chow mein from the takeaway and you get it exactly the same (with MSG of course as well).Has to be Pearl River Superior though the dark one,and also the light.

If you want Satay the one they all use is called Jimmys Satay sauce.

For noodles you want Lucky Boat no1 ,thats what nearly all takeaways use,a trip to a chinese food shop and you can stock up on all the basics.I have found a cheap alternative though are Lidls chinese egg noodles.In the chow mein they are very similar and at 45p for 3 portions nice and cheap.

I tool your advice yesterday and ordered up the fresh yeast off the Bay. Got some 00 flour, and will try pizza bases at the weekend. I have already done some with strong bread flour, and they were good. 

I am using a 30 year old Kenwood chef with a dough hook.

1 hour ago, Lightscribe said:

My home region ha been stuck at 2004 nominal prices.

17 years with no nominal change.

if IRs rise then I think itll go back to the the values seen in the mid 80s.

Almost 35 years of no increases.

I dont follow London as I ve interest and buying and staying there.

However ... grapevine does seem to point to stagant for a good 5 years if not longer.

The London housing ahs driven by mainly migrants, who depend on inworks subs, moving into rentals.

London ins is now majotirry foreign born. Brits are minority.

Remove the inwork sus/bennies then youll remove the migrants and youll remove the last 10-15 of London HPI

IM OK with a ~200k/300k northern house going down ~20% of the next 10 years.

I can eat that loss and the low IRs make the mortgage a non brainer.

I dont think the same can be said of a ~50% nominal fall on a 700k house.

10 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

I tool your advice yesterday and ordered up the fresh yeast off the Bay. Got some 00 flour, and will try pizza bases at the weekend. I have already done some with strong bread flour, and they were good. 

You'll need some of this, its even better than the Pizza Express sauce Tesco have stopped selling.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CL4ZY5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

34 minutes ago, spygirl said:

My home region ha been stuck at 2004 nominal prices.

17 years with no nominal change.

if IRs rise then I think itll go back to the the values seen in the mid 80s.

Almost 35 years of no increases.

I dont follow London as I ve interest and buying and staying there.

However ... grapevine does seem to point to stagant for a good 5 years if not longer.

The London housing ahs driven by mainly migrants, who depend on inworks subs, moving into rentals.

London ins is now majotirry foreign born. Brits are minority.

Remove the inwork sus/bennies then youll remove the migrants and youll remove the last 10-15 of London HPI

IM OK with a ~200k/300k northern house going down ~20% of the next 10 years.

I can eat that loss and the low IRs make the mortgage a non brainer.

I dont think the same can be said of a ~50% nominal fall on a 700k house.

Fair to say that the SE has a much higher proportion of WFH compatible jobs? Again, further supports the shift of house price balance back towards areas of necessary physical presence for employment, which tends to be the cheaper areas of the UK.

Castlevania
1 hour ago, Lightscribe said:

Anti money laundering checks killed off Central London.

15 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Anti money laundering checks killed off Central London.

I think it was major factor, at least in high (posh) and low (battersea chinese launder money flats).

That, and the continued contraction of finsec employment.

59 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

That will be perfect.When the yeast comes cut it into 25g chunks,wrap each in clingfilm and freeze,iv found its still fine after a year 25g will do 1kg of flour so if you are doing 500g usually for 2 pizzas freeze in 12.5g chunks.If i remember i get one out and unwrap and put it in the jug to defrost for a bit before use,but works fine if left frozen then tepid water put on,

Iv found allowing at least 10 minutes,13 better for the mixing with the dough hook makes a big difference.

Bobthebuilder
17 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Iv found allowing at least 10 minutes,13 better for the mixing with the dough hook makes a big difference.

Just gotta say.

Kitchen Aid food mixer.

Best bit of kit in the world if you're gonna start getting serious about cooking. The add-on attachments such as the sausage maker, meat mincer, pasta rollers, ice cream makers, grain milling, etc, etc, etc.

Lifetime guarantee, not cheap but the dogs bollox.

Archived