DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

UK Govt Coronavirus Response: Sceptics Thread

sancho panza

Red Debt Redemption
1 hour ago, Pip321 said:

As someone who never followed the ‘conspiracy’ theories and plodded along in life blinkered and happy….my awakening came when I saw something that even I didn’t feel was right nor did I understand. It was the Ukraine/Russia war and the speed the West were desperate to start sanctions…despite the obvious need for Germany to use oil/energy more than Russian need for Mickey Mouse fiat currency. I won’t digress but I then started to look….a Matt Le Tissier type moment and I thought, oh fuck….maybe the media is NOT playing with a straight bat on all the stories I have read over the past 30 years. 

So too little too late and at the time I just followed the queues to the death camps and was vaccinated x 3 but I will not have my 4th. The driver at the time was my poorly mum….I was sold that I was protecting her and I fell for it. 

But it is now useful to know what to do now.

So are we saying…take Vit D, eat well, stay lean and healthy, avoid routine flu jabs too, use anti inflammatories. Anything else…..or am I now in the hands of the gods. 🤢

Think @The Masked Tulip mentioned nattokinase, bromelain and curcumin.

• Cheers 1

The Masked Tulip
29 minutes ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

Think @The Masked Tulip mentioned nattokinase, bromelain and curcumin.

2 hours ago, Pip321 said:

As someone who never followed the ‘conspiracy’ theories and plodded along in life blinkered and happy….my awakening came when I saw something that even I didn’t feel was right nor did I understand. It was the Ukraine/Russia war and the speed the West were desperate to start sanctions…despite the obvious need for Germany to use oil/energy more than Russian need for Mickey Mouse fiat currency. I won’t digress but I then started to look….a Matt Le Tissier type moment and I thought, oh fuck….maybe the media is NOT playing with a straight bat on all the stories I have read over the past 30 years. 

So too little too late and at the time I just followed the queues to the death camps and was vaccinated x 3 but I will not have my 4th. The driver at the time was my poorly mum….I was sold that I was protecting her and I fell for it. 

But it is now useful to know what to do now.

So are we saying…take Vit D, eat well, stay lean and healthy, avoid routine flu jabs too, use anti inflammatories. Anything else…..or am I now in the hands of the gods. 🤢

From Dr. McCullough'z telegram:

Multiple rounds of #CovidVaccines and C19 illness? Base Spike Detox can be consider and other agents can be added to regimen:

Nattokinase 2000 FU (100 mg) bid
Bromelain 500 mg qd
Curcumin 500 mg bid (nano, liposomal, +piperine)
Need 3-12 months or more.

1 minute video:

https://rumble.com/v33wkm8-dr.-peter-mcculloughs-new-base-spike-detox-formula-nattokinase-bromelain-cu.html

https://t.me/C19ExpertChannel/3243

Nattokinase can be brought from:

https://www.vitacure.co.uk/nattokinase

Tumeric / Curcumin

https://www.vitacure.co.uk/curcumin

Bromelain can be bought from Amazon.

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 3

Many thanks guys that’s incredibly helpful. I will also look at natural food sources for these tablets too (if I can).

Consciously thinking about what I eat makes a huge difference. A couple of years ago I went in what I called my 1970’s diet…

Basically typical day was porridge (with raspberries, 1/2 banana cooked in) for breakfast, then eggs on toast for lunch…maybe with baked beans and finally meat and three veg for tea…..and it was a diet, but I never felt better.

There were other things eg if I have a curry (which I like) it was smaller, more chicken and lots of veg added ie 1/2 rice and lots of broccoli and cauliflower.   

However I fell off the rails (went back on pastries and bread🤦🏻‍♂️) but if I think carefully selecting some of those vegetables (with Vit D) helped enormously. 

I have always played football and at 55 still play 3 times a week….it’s then when you notice how fit/fat you are. 

Back on the proper food today….plus some natural supplements👍🏻

Sure this is covered in this thread…..but listening to the chap about vaccines and Vitamin D etc took me back to my initial thoughts in 2020…..it occurs to me that not only are do black people has less vitamin D (which he mentioned) but I also remember the correlation to weight.

I will use weight as an example but there other similar factors like this. Weight is a funny thing because it’s cause and effect….ie being over weight and the impact it has in your health is a huge bandwidth in terms of why someone is overweight. For those who are overweight due to eating pastry, bread and chocolate and don’t exercise are likely also hugely under nourished in terms of all sorts of vital vitamins and minerals. They are unhealthy all round. 

We sometimes get someone with a balanced diet (albeit too much food) with muscles in their calves/arms etc whilst not classically shaped but are strong as an ox..eg a healthy rugby type chap. They are putting strain on themselves, would benefit from losing a stone or two…but more likely function fine until old age.

I recall thinking that Covid seemingly to me had two hurdles to overcome before it made you at severe risk. 

Pre vaccine My mum was frail and she caught it, lost her sense of smell for a bit but no other symptoms at all…so covid failed at the first hurdle because my mum was not really affected. Maybe she had had a flu a few months before and was full of antibodies? 

Then the second hurdle…a friend of mine (pre vaccine) was severely ill for 2 weeks, flat out soaking wet sweats in the night ill. He recovered…no issues….covid failed the second hurdle because he was relatively fit.

However I knew someone who had severe health issues….caught covid was ill for a month and died. Very very sad….I could see that it was a combination of issues ie first he had to have the initial bad reaction (which my mum who was equally as frail, didn’t) and then he had a weakness which the terrible flu symptoms etc were too much for him.

So being relatively fit helped if you were someone who suffered from those initial symptoms. I was fit and jogging a lot in April 20 and caught covid with fairly bad reactions but bizarrely woke each morning feeling fine but by 1 o’clock was in full flu mode. Didn’t jog during this time but rested. Better after about 10 days but completely lost my sense of smell and taste….returned slowly and fully after maybe 2/3 months.

So maybe it was less about being fat but more about the consequences of being fat and what else being fat says about that persons general health.

So it’s diet content, supplements and staying active from now on….which I guess it should be anyway. 

Edited by Pip321
  • Cheers 1

Holy crap, I went to the doctors earlier this year….I can’t even remember why, maybe annual blood pressure check which is always too high. I knew as an aside he gave me a vitamin but I didn’t know which one. 

Just checked and he prescribed 20000iu Sunvit D3, three tablets once a week. That’s a max strength tablet (it does another tablet at only 2000) and also he prescribed three times the recommended dose on the packet. I even remember ringing the doctor just to double check dosage was right.

Christ knows what my Vit D levels were (and what they are now) but I think it’s worthy of some attention. 

Sorry for several posts….I am seemingly late to the party and know of a couple of unexpected deaths recently and my concern and awareness has just crossed the line. 

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 2

The Masked Tulip
7 hours ago, Pip321 said:

Many thanks guys that’s incredibly helpful. I will also look at natural food sources for these tablets too (if I can).

Consciously thinking about what I eat makes a huge difference. A couple of years ago I went in what I called my 1970’s diet…

Basically typical day was porridge (with raspberries, 1/2 banana cooked in) for breakfast, then eggs on toast for lunch…maybe with baked beans and finally meat and three veg for tea…..and it was a diet, but I never felt better.

There were other things eg if I have a curry (which I like) it was smaller, more chicken and lots of veg added ie 1/2 rice and lots of broccoli and cauliflower.   

However I fell off the rails (went back on pastries and bread🤦🏻‍♂️) but if I think carefully selecting some of those vegetables (with Vit D) helped enormously. 

I have always played football and at 55 still play 3 times a week….it’s then when you notice how fit/fat you are. 

Back on the proper food today….plus some natural supplements👍🏻

You also need to have magnesium, zinc and K2 with your D3. These are important otherwise it is a waste of time taking the D3 by itself.

Both the K2 and D3 should be eaten with something fatty and you need to try to give 8 hours between the K2 and the D3 - take one in the morning and one in the evening.

• Informative 1

The Masked Tulip
6 hours ago, Pip321 said:

Sure this is covered in this thread…..but listening to the chap about vaccines and Vitamin D etc took me back to my initial thoughts in 2020…..it occurs to me that not only are do black people has less vitamin D (which he mentioned) but I also remember the correlation to weight.

I will use weight as an example but there other similar factors like this. Weight is a funny thing because it’s cause and effect….ie being over weight and the impact it has in your health is a huge bandwidth in terms of why someone is overweight. For those who are overweight due to eating pastry, bread and chocolate and don’t exercise are likely also hugely under nourished in terms of all sorts of vital vitamins and minerals. They are unhealthy all round. 

We sometimes get someone with a balanced diet (albeit too much food) with muscles in their calves/arms etc whilst not classically shaped but are strong as an ox..eg a healthy rugby type chap. They are putting strain on themselves, would benefit from losing a stone or two…but more likely function fine until old age.

I recall thinking that Covid seemingly to me had two hurdles to overcome before it made you at severe risk. 

Pre vaccine My mum was frail and she caught it, lost her sense of smell for a bit but no other symptoms at all…so covid failed at the first hurdle because my mum was not really affected. Maybe she had had a flu a few months before and was full of antibodies? 

Then the second hurdle…a friend of mine (pre vaccine) was severely ill for 2 weeks, flat out soaking wet sweats in the night ill. He recovered…no issues….covid failed the second hurdle because he was relatively fit.

However I knew someone who had severe health issues….caught covid was ill for a month and died. Very very sad….I could see that it was a combination of issues ie first he had to have the initial bad reaction (which my mum who was equally as frail, didn’t) and then he had a weakness which the terrible flu symptoms etc were too much for him.

So being relatively fit helped if you were someone who suffered from those initial symptoms. I was fit and jogging a lot in April 20 and caught covid with fairly bad reactions but bizarrely woke each morning feeling fine but by 1 o’clock was in full flu mode. Didn’t jog during this time but rested. Better after about 10 days but completely lost my sense of smell and taste….returned slowly and fully after maybe 2/3 months.

So maybe it was less about being fat but more about the consequences of being fat and what else being fat says about that persons general health.

So it’s diet content, supplements and staying active from now on….which I guess it should be anyway. 

If you are fat the D3 goes into the fat and stays there. It does do what it needs to do throughout the body. This is with regard to D3 that is made naturally from sunlight.

• Informative 3

A solid question.Hospitals are rammed,A&E struggling and it's only the start of November.

Truly the scale of this fuck up is epic.

Look at the all cause mortality in scotland.We've discussed all cause mrotality here throught the pandemic.Hence we've known for some time it wasn't really a pandemic,

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/11/01/when-will-we-have-an-inquiry-into-the-current-record-excess-deaths/

When Will We Have an Inquiry into the Current Record Excess Deaths?

Lady Hallett, Chair of the U.K. COVID-19 Inquiry has not had a good week. Lord Frost, Professor Heneghan, Dr. Jefferson and Fraser Nelson are among the commentators and witnesses who, to borrow a phrase much loved by Angela McLean, the Government’s Chief Scientific Officer, have effectively accused her of being something of a f***wit. Not a phrase, you understand, that I’d use myself.

Figure 1 is a chart I’ve copied from National Records of Scotland analysis of winter deaths. I’ve indicated in red some of the more notable pandemics that have occurred during the 70 or so years covered. The Asian flu pandemic in 1957-8, the memorable Hong Kong flu of 1968-9. In 1999-2000 there was a widespread flu outbreak; along with many of my colleagues I caught it myself, it was a nasty bug.

image-102.png Figure 1

Looking at Figure 1, following each pandemic deaths reverted to the mean the following year. But not this time. Despite Covid carrying off the vulnerable elderly, deaths have continued to increase.

Well, figure 5 shows the Covid deaths (the blue line near the bottom of the chart), and the all-cause deaths (the red line at the top of the chart) totalled for each four month period.

image-106.png Figure 5

And, what a surprise it is. Deaths during the December-March period of 2022-23, a period when Covid had all but disappeared, during one of the mildest winters on record, a winter with no significant flu outbreaks, there were more deaths than in any of the ‘pandemic’ periods.

Why is the Scottish Government spending millions of pounds to find out why more deaths weren’t averted during the pandemic period when they aren’t addressing the subject of excess deaths now when deaths are even higher?

Perhaps if you’re interested in the answer to this question you could ask your MSP. I’m sure Lord Brailsford and his chums would be delighted to follow up the current inquiry with yet another looking at “what actions, if any, taken during the pandemic period on Jan 1st 2020 to Dec 31st 2022 had any consequence on excess deaths in 2023?”

• Agree 6
  • Informative 4

6 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

It's embarassing that someone as inept as this managed to gain such a strangle hold on govt policy.

Screenshot_20231101_115134_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231101_115046_Samsung Internet.jpg

he was the goto guy for models to support whatever government scam was going on

• Agree 9

16 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Nothing to see here,you will absolutely move on............

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/10/31/mark-groeneveld-20-becomes-fifth-dutch-cyclist-to-die-or-suffer-serious-heart-problems-this-year/

Mark Groeneveld, 20, Becomes Fifth Dutch Cyclist to Die or Suffer Serious Heart Problems This Year

2023-10-30-19_20_50-qiEF7vbRTEzdXFMyYxws

In the early hours of Monday, October 23rd, the 20-year-old Dutch cyclist Mark Groeneveld passed away, apparently of a heart attack, after having dropped out of a race in Hong Kong earlier in the day. Several reports (here, for instance, in Dutch) claim that he dropped out of the race for mechanical reasons and that his subsequent collapse was “unrelated”.

In a statement on Facebook, his team X-Speed United writes: “While the circumstances of Mark’s passing are currently under investigation, we have received preliminary information that suggests it may have been due to a heart attack.”

This would make Groeneveld the fifth Dutch or Flemish cyclist to be stricken by serious heart problems this year. Groeneveld’s death comes just one month after the Flemish cyclist Nathan Van Hooydonck got into a car crash after suffering what the Belgian paper De Morgen has described as “cardiac arrest” while driving. The incident happened on September 12th, just two days after the conclusion of the Tour of Great Britain, in which Van Hooydonck helped his teammate Wout van Aert of Team Jumbo Vista to victory.

Van Hooydonck, who was 27 years old at the time of the incident, would have to be placed in an artificial coma. He would subsequently undergo surgery to have a defibrillator implanted. He has retired from professional racing.

Just two weeks before the Van Hooydonck incident, in the early hours of August 29th, the 32-year-old Dutch cyclist Wesley Kreder of the French Cofidis team suffered what he himself has described as “cardiac arrest” while sleeping. “I’m happy to be alive,” Kreder told the Dutch public broadcaster NOS. Kreder has also announced his retirement from competitive racing.

Two other professional cyclists, the 35-year-old Flemish cyclist Sep Vanmarcke and the 25-year-old Dutch cyclist Jarno Mobach, announced their retirements this summer after they were both discovered to have heart tissue scarring. Mobach is a former winner of the junior version of the prestigious Paris-Roubaix race. Vanmarcke announced his retirement in July and Mobach in late September, just a couple of days after Van Hooydonck’s announcement.

As previously reported on the Daily Sceptic here, Flemish cycling already had a serious scare in the summer of 2021, when three members of just one Flemish cycling team developed cardiac problems and would be diagnosed with myocarditis shortly after being vaccinated against COVID-19.

Robert Kogon is the pen name of a widely-published journalist covering European affairs. Subscribe to his Substack and follow him on X.

Could be covid/vaccine related. However , since the relaxation of testing in 2020 because covid, the peloton average speeds have gone off the chart. Every chance some of this is doping related.

• Informative 3

On 01/11/2023 at 11:45, sancho panza said:

And, what a surprise it is. Deaths during the December-March period of 2022-23, a period when Covid had all but disappeared, during one of the mildest winters on record, a winter with no significant flu outbreaks, there were more deaths than in any of the ‘pandemic’ periods.

According to the latest from the BBC it's all because of the lockdowns and people exercising less/drinking and eating more/being lonlier etc etc.  They always have a reason but it's never anything to do with the vax.

This morning on R4 Today they said there is an increase in alzheimers in the over 65s because of the above factors in both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated......

I nearly spat out my coffee:CryBaby:

• Informative 3
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, janch said:

According to the latest from the BBC it's all because of the lockdowns and people exercising less/drinking and eating more/being lonlier etc etc.  They always have a reason but it's never anything to do with the vax.

This morning on R4 Today they said there is an increase in alzheimers in the over 65s because of the above factors in both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated......

I nearly spat out my coffee:CryBaby:

They would not have used those words unless there was a problem…

• Agree 8

1 hour ago, Kiwibobby said:

They would not have used those words unless there was a problem…

Absolutely.There's clearly a problem.

I know Im spamming the Sceptic but their output is very good

What do the public know?

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/11/02/karl-lauterbach-begs-germans-to-line-up-for-fifth-jab-as-millions-of-doses-go-unused/

Karl Lauterbach Begs Germans to Line Up for Fifth Jab as Millions of Doses Go Unused

Federal Health Minister Karl Lauterbach has again called on people to get a booster vaccination. “Despite the pandemic and awareness campaigns, the importance of the Covid booster is apparently greatly underestimated,” he tells Spiegel. “So far, unfortunately, only a fraction of those for whom it is recommended have had a booster vaccination.” He calls on all at-risk groups and older people to catch up and ideally combine it with a flu vaccination.

According to the vaccine uptake statistics of the Robert Koch Institute, only about 2.5 million people have received three or more boosters. This means that only a fraction of those over 60 are likely to have sufficient protection against Covid.

Lauterbach urgently needs to boost vaccine uptake. The pharmaceutical contracts concluded under his predecessor Jens Spahn have secured much larger quantities of vaccine than are currently being used. Between September and November, about 14.1 million vaccine doses of monovalent vaccine targeted at XBB 1.5. will be delivered. An additional 10.6 million vaccine doses of Novavax XBB 1.5. vaccines will also become available, as soon as they are approved by the European Commission.

What do they know?

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/11/02/quarter-of-americans-know-someone-killed-by-covid-vaccines-nearly-half-would-join-lawsuit-poll/

Quarter of Americans Know Someone Killed by Covid Vaccines, Nearly Half Would Join Lawsuit – Poll

A quarter of Americans know someone killed by the Covid vaccines and nearly half of Americans would join a major class-action lawsuit against the pharmaceutical companies, a new poll has found. Steve Kirsch has more.

Rasmussen Reports has just released yet another devastating survey about the Covid vaccine.

Its latest survey, released at 10:30am EST on November 2nd, confirms (yet again) that the Covid vaccine is a train wreck, the biggest healthcare disaster in our lifetime.

The key conclusions:

1. 47% personally know someone who was killed by the Covid virus.
  2. 24% personally know someone who was killed by the Covid vaccine.
  3. 42% said it was somewhat likely or very likely they would join a major class-action lawsuit against pharmaceutical companies for vaccine side effects. That would make it the largest class action in U.S. history by a long shot.
  • Informative 4

7 hours ago, sancho panza said:

47% personally know someone who was killed by the Covid virus

I'm surprised it's that high. Everyone I talk to about it "knows someone who knows someone" killed by COVID, but not many know anyone, personally.

We had a poll here in Summer 2021, and about 1 in 10 personally knew someone who died of COVID.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

I'm surprised it's that high. Everyone I talk to about it "knows someone who knows someone" killed by COVID, but not many know anyone, personally.

We had a poll here in Summer 2021, and about 1 in 10 personally knew someone who died of COVID.

Died of or with?   

• Agree 6

On 03/11/2023 at 07:12, BurntBread said:

"47%" of "1,110 American Adults" asked by "national telephone and online survey"

I wouldn't scale our poll to the whole country either.

On 03/11/2023 at 07:26, One percent said:

Died of or with?   

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/public_surveys/questions_covid_19_october_26_and_29_30_2023 (emphasis mine)

1* Do you know someone personally who died from the COVID-19 virus?

Edited by apples
wrong number!
  • Informative 2

On 29/10/2023 at 15:33, The Masked Tulip said:

You also need to have magnesium, zinc and K2 with your D3. These are important otherwise it is a waste of time taking the D3 by itself.

Both the K2 and D3 should be eaten with something fatty and you need to try to give 8 hours between the K2 and the D3 - take one in the morning and one in the evening.

Thanks for all the steer and thought I would share my actions which I would class as first steps in the right direction. For K2 I am sticking with diet, perhaps not enough, but eating ‘normal’ food with K2 in it….basic eggs, broccoli, spinach and chicken are staples anyway for me. Looking at food levels my zinc and magnesium look ok too. I think the key is I might normally go a few days without veg ie pastries, sugar etc but what this new regime does is ensure I am eating 4/5 portions of quality veg a day and that serves about 5 purposes not least general health.

I have bought more routine level D3 because clearly when the doctor gave me 60000 ui intake a week I was low….listening to the videos this might not be enough but will compliment with foods and being outside for a period each day. 

Lastly exercise….and strength gain. Footie 3 times a week sounds great but I am changing that to twice and fitting in strength and running because it adds variety and less injuries. At 55 football injuries are a common event and often mean I am out with injury for a week each month.

Thanks again….I will keep reading and learning….but seemingly eating well and age appropriate exercise are huge for all kinds of health benefits.   

• Informative 1

The Masked Tulip
3 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Thanks for all the steer and thought I would share my actions which I would class as first steps in the right direction. For K2 I am sticking with diet, perhaps not enough, but eating ‘normal’ food with K2 in it….basic eggs, broccoli, spinach and chicken are staples anyway for me. Looking at food levels my zinc and magnesium look ok too. I think the key is I might normally go a few days without veg ie pastries, sugar etc but what this new regime does is ensure I am eating 4/5 portions of quality veg a day and that serves about 5 purposes not least general health.

I have bought more routine level D3 because clearly when the doctor gave me 60000 ui intake a week I was low….listening to the videos this might not be enough but will compliment with foods and being outside for a period each day. 

Lastly exercise….and strength gain. Footie 3 times a week sounds great but I am changing that to twice and fitting in strength and running because it adds variety and less injuries. At 55 football injuries are a common event and often mean I am out with injury for a week each month.

Thanks again….I will keep reading and learning….but seemingly eating well and age appropriate exercise are huge for all kinds of health benefits.   

We make no D from sunlight in the UK from mid Sept till the end of April. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

We make no D from sunlight in the UK from mid Sept till the end of April. 

The sun always shines on the righteous…..and in Yorkshire that includes us all.😉

Appreciated, good point. Will still go out as habit forming for when the sun does actually turn up in the North….

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

They knew the risks of covid were being overstated from very early on.

This is from the BBC as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67275967

'Get Covid and live longer'

As the second Covid winter wave built, messages appear to show Mr Johnson's faith was faltering in the ability of lockdowns to control the virus.

On 15 October 2020, Mr Johnson said he was "rocked" by analysis that the average age of those dying was over 80, adding: "That is above life expectancy. So get Covid and live longer."

The messages were sent one day after the three-tier system of restrictions was rolled out in England.

Mr Johnson goes on to say "I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff". In other words, the PM seems to have been losing faith in the central argument for lockdown his government had been making for months - namely, that it was necessary to limit the number of cases to a level the health service could cope with.

When Mr Cain asks how his new outlook would change the government's policy, Mr Johnson says: "It shows we don't go for nationwide lockdown."

But on 31 October, just over a fortnight after the exchange, the government did announce another lockdown in England.

Mr Johnson has not responded to the evidence heard in the inquiry so far but is due to give evidence later this year. He is "co-operating fully" with the inquiry, his spokesman said this week.

image.thumb.png.ac7c8fec4c7f1e9ef52ee2f6421be3e2.png

• Agree 2
  • Informative 5
  • Bogged 1

The first of many I suspect.

Class action launched versus AZ

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/11/08/oxford-astrazeneca-covid-jab-defective-claims-legal-case/

Oxford AstraZeneca Covid jab was ‘defective’, claims landmark legal case

Victims of VITT - a new condition identified by specialists - question the Government's monitoring of the vaccine's rollout and its efficacy

The Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine has been branded “defective” in a multi-million pound landmark legal action that will suggest claims over its efficacy were “vastly overstated”.    

The pharmaceutical giant is being sued in the High Court in a test case by Jamie Scott, a father-of-two who suffered a significant permanent brain injury that has left him unable to work as a result of a blood clot after receiving the jab in April 2021. A second claim is being brought by the widower and two young children of 35-year-old Alpa Tailor, who died after having the jab made by AstraZeneca, the UK-based pharmaceutical giant.

The test cases could pave the way for as many as 80 damages claims worth an estimated £80 million over a new condition known as Vaccine-induced Immune Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis (VITT) that was identified by specialists in the wake of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine rollout.

In the months following the rollout, the potential serious side effect of the AstraZeneca jab was identified by scientists. Following this, it was recommend it no longer be given to the under-40s in the UK because the risk of receiving the jab outweighed the harm posed by Covid.

It is understood AstraZeneca, in its legal response, denies causing Mr Scott’s injuries.

Official figures from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) show at least 81 deaths in the UK are suspected to have been linked to the adverse reaction that caused clotting in people who also had low blood platelets. In total, almost one in five people who suffered from the condition died as a result, according to the MHRA’s own figures.

Victims and their lawyers question the Government’s monitoring of the rollout and point out that while Germany suspended the vaccine’s use for the under 60s at the end of March 2021 over the risk of rare blood clots, the UK stopped giving it to under 30s on April 7 and took another month to ban it for the under 40s.

Official figures obtained under a Freedom of Information request show that out of 148 payouts made by the Government under the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme, which provides compensation to those injured by vaccines or to bereaved next-of-kin, at least 144 went to recipients of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Fewer than five people under the scheme received vaccines other than AstraZeneca.

Families complain the amount paid out under the scheme – a fixed tax-free sum of £120,000 – is insufficient, prompting them to bring the legal cases in the High Court against AstraZeneca.

The test case was lodged by Mr Scott after he almost died after receiving the vaccine. 

Mr Scott suffered a catastrophic bleed on the brain and doctors called his wife, Kate, three times to tell her to come to the hospital to say goodbye to him. 

Mrs Scott said the couple were being forced to sue AstraZeneca because the Government’s compensation scheme, and the £120,000 paid out to her husband, was inadequate. 

Mr Scott, who was 44 when he had the jab, has had to give up his job as an IT software developer. Mrs Scott said: “We are private people but we cannot stand the injustice of it. We have been lobbying the Government for 18 months for fair compensation for the injury caused by the vaccine.

• Informative 6
  • Cheers 1