DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property crash, just maybe it really is different this time

haroldshand

Democorruptcy
5 hours ago, haroldshand said:

Well Nationwide up again 2% in one Month and now up 11% Year on Year, I just piss myself with some of the posts I have read on TOS over the years, is it even possible to be more wrong and out of touch.

Is there anyone left here that is still under the illusion that prices are going to drop and considering Hong Kong along with the Afghan debacle and the fact that we have 800 south coast immigrants just strolling into the UK without a care in the world and welcomed with 4 star luxury Hotels  and emergency cash payments with some  now predicting   immigration numbers close to half a  million year on year.

Brexit, control of our borders?

WHERE

To be fair there were quite a few regular posters on ToS who bought when prices dipped before they started QE in 2009 and left rates at 0.5% when RPI was 5.7% in 2011. It was obvious it had turned back up in 2012 before HtB in 2013. I didn't buy but around that time split with my ex and set her up mortgage free, in a house at the same price it had sold for in 2003. Next door sold for 70% earlier this year.

I didn't buy because I didn't know where I wanted to live and I still don't know.

• Agree 2

HousePriceMania
11 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

Again, why the lies?

Again, you have some serious problems. 

I don't want to ignore you, I want to keep a record of your posts.

Are you the sick bastard that stalked TheCON and his family ?

Do I need to go to the police now too ?

3 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Again, you have some serious problems. 

I don't want to ignore you, I want to keep a record of your posts.

Are you the sick bastard that stalked TheCON and his family ?

Do I need to go to the police now too ?

Again, why the lies?

HousePriceMania
Just now, Don Coglione said:

Again, why the lies?

Again, why the weird fascination with someone who left the UK due to various factors, one of which was some sick bastards stalking him ?

2 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Again, why the weird fascination with someone who left the UK due to various factors, one of which was some sick bastards stalking him ?

2 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

You haven't left Northampton, as evidenced by your posts as your original avatar.

To be clear, @HousePriceMania is @TheCountOfNowhere

• Informative 2

33 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

TCON: "Hello, police, I would like to report someone who called out my bullshit on an anonymous internet site and was mean to me."

Police: "OK, click...".

The internet: What a c*unt.

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, Don Coglione said:

You haven't left Northampton, as evidenced by your posts as your original avatar.

Yes, that's correct.  I've said that before, here and on HPC.

You seem pretty confused, really serious confused.  :Jumping::Jumping::Jumping::Jumping::Jumping::Jumping:

TheCon doesn't post on here or on TOS now, he's retired to France for good now., you've even had it confirmed here on several occasions where he posted from.

I developed UK Property Lion with/for him before he left and I use TheCON on HPC to promote the UKPropertyLion index, hence the posts.  I enjoyed posting there so much to wind up dickheads like you that I continue to do so. 

I personally know TCON very well having worked with him in Northamptonshire, the place where we both lived :/,  for years and he even lodged with me when he was in the UK last time working for a few months.

You clearly are a shite stalker if you have missed all that.

I am also @HousePriceMania ( one of several people to have run it ) and @UKPropertyLion on twitter.  I helped PropertyLog get off the ground a bit and have 1 other account on TOS which I no longer post on.

No lies, no deceit, no great secret, nothing that's not been posted before here and on TOS, if you'd sent me a PM i'd have been happy to explain it but for some reason you think you can discredit someone and call them a liar, on an anonymous internet forum :Jumping: when no one cares and no one is listening. 

Seriously, who ever you are or whatever your problem is, go and get some professional help.

I will tell you one thing right now though you weird rancid little prick, if you are the crazy arsed stalker who caused my friend's family so much distress then if you come near me or my family I will call the police.

You better hope they turn up.

Do you understand ?

CC

@spunko

for reference.

• Informative 1

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, Don Coglione said:

TCON: "Hello, police, I would like to report someone who called out my bullshit on an anonymous internet site and was mean to me."

Police: "OK, click...".

The internet: What a c*unt.

Pin on For Real Though..

HousePriceMania
2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Please not another derailed thread. Can you please just put each other on ignore?

I think that is for the best :Beer:

Good bye crazy stalker man.

image.png.3226025bf225ccd05402071926c19623.png

Edited by HousePriceMania

1 hour ago, Don Coglione said:

Who really gives a shit if it is the same person or not, at least they've been doing their bit to get the message about the insanity of high house prices out there, on his twitter account for sometime. 

Time to put this thing that bothering you to bed and move on.

Edited by Hancock
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

Please not another derailed thread. Can you please just put each other on ignore?

They can take it to my Kenny Rodgers thread if they like  :Old:

• Lol 1

1 minute ago, Shamone said:

They can take it to my Kenny Rodgers thread if they like  :Old:

Funniest thing i ever heard on TV was when Frank Skinner, described to Mr Rogers, what Kenny "Rogers" Roasters translates to in England.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, spunko said:

Fair play, Spunko - it is your forum, after all.

Personally, I would prefer that it were not populated by liars.

The end.

• Agree 1

On 26/08/2021 at 11:37, Frank Hovis said:

Fair point.

And well played sir! :)

It's long term holding of cash with no thought of any other investment that most people do and is a guaranteed way to lose money in real terms.

Cash is just to dangerous and as much as I think property is a far better option I am not blowing hard earned money on the crap that's out there now. It was only 5 years ago I held about 90% cash from a previous house sale, now it is only about 10% and that's just for cashflow or if a nice little whatever/money earner comes along.

My money is now spread all over the place that isn't cash and in 2017 I probably held 5% in crypto which now in 2021 is now in excess of 97% plus and that's with taking my original sum back and a little profit. I am aching to buy property, but no way in the UK, for starters I have accepted it is very unlikely to fall in price and like I said it is just painful to part with money for the crap you get now.

• Agree 1

On 31/08/2021 at 18:18, HousePriceMania said:

Expected....by whom ?

I see more help announced today for people to get "affordable" housing again today...just as the market is tanking again.

"Tanking"

What total dross.

Nothing is tanking from where I am sitting and don't get me wrong I only wish it was true, in fact I would suggest things are speeding up and from I am sitting there are plenty of people with money out there.

Was working in South Beds Village last week and as hard as we tried we couldn't get a plumber for this very pleasant divorcee in her new home and who wanted a basic bathroom, she was willing to pay £7K and nobody was interested, work is plentiful right now and it's a case of whatever you want you will get..

Sorry mate, but your crash is way off

P.S   Are you are a sock puppet?  

Very similar posting style to someone on  ToS and Motley Fool that I knew

10 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

is just painful to part with money for the crap you get now.

Per my postings on other threads I think desirable locations in Cornwall went mental this last year and are heading for a big correction.

Could that be the trigger for which we have been waiting so long?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Per my postings on other threads I think desirable locations in Cornwall went mental this last year and are heading for a big correction.

Could that be the trigger for which we have been waiting so long?

I only wish you was right Frank but I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree. I had a secondary option should a crash not happen 5 years ago of Suffolk and Northumberland where there was still some good value, now they have gone mental as well.

With 400,000 entering the UK for the foreseeable future according to some experts and not including the ones we know nothing about I am afraid people will be willing to pay or borrow anything as they fight like rats in a sack

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

I only wish you was right Frank but I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree. I had a secondary option should a crash not happen 5 years ago of Suffolk and Northumberland where there was still some good value, now they have gone mental as well.

With 400,000 entering the UK for the foreseeable future according to some experts and not including the ones we know nothing about I am afraid people will be willing to pay or borrow anything as they fight like rats in a sack

I think I can see it straighter because I have no "skin in the game". I have a pleasant house without a mortgage in which I would be happy to live the next several decades. I'm not waiting for anything to happen.

I thought your calling a Lockdown crash was premature and I'm not anyway calling a crash now; though maybe, who knows.

I'm saying that there was a ridiculous amount of "froth" in the Cornish seaside housing market this year and estate agents reported multiple bids above asking price for anything decent.

Those bids are no longer happening and the "buy at any price" vibe has gone.

In the cold light of day people will realise that they have paid too much and the houses aren't worth that.

My single anecdotal on this is that a house neighbouring one my gardener works on sold this summer for some daft price.

My gardener, affable chap that he is, got chatting to the buyer and he said, without any prompting, that he thought he had paid too much.

When the bad weather comes and the storms are rattling the eaves there are going to be a lot of people sat thinking "how much did I pay for this?".

My confident prediction is seaside Cornwall down 10% from current prices by spring.

Whether that will acquire momentum or spread out I don't know; but it could.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Bobthebuilder
8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

When the bad weather comes and the storms are rattling the eaves there are going to be a lot of people sat thinking "how much did I pay for this?".

I think a lot of new incomers to the shires get a bit of a shock at the cold, wet and darkness that comes between mid-October until March.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I think a lot of new incomers to the shires get a bit of a shock at the cold, wet and darkness that comes between mid-October until March.

Certainly in Cornwall the TV has been selling them the dream this past year; there was a different celeb talking about "my Cornwall" every bloody week.

Rick Stein, Caroline Quentin, Fern Britton, Gordon bloody Ramsay, Michael Portillo, Simon Reeve and another three or four I forget.

As foreign travel was banned everyone in TV decided upon a paid holiday in Cornwall with some talking head saying how nice it was.

Nowhere is that nice.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

So after the Tories have given second home owners an 18 month tax break they're going to clamp down on them. (FTBers werent paying SDLT anyway)

Its Jenricks name at the top, that bought and paid for wanker will never do anything to rock the property price bubble.

Jenrick is like some horrid creature that has been created to put people off voting Tory, he has every single repugnant attribute the worst kind of kind of mythical Tory is alleged to have. Besides i believe he owns several mansions himself.

Edited by Hancock

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

It's not about tge 2nd home tax discount.

Its the reworking of FHL, namely removing the small biz rate relief.

This was due before covud.

As it stands LAs get fuck all - no tax, no ukgov funding (6k/head)

HMRC get fuckall. As a rule theyll be after 30% of revenue as tax.

The locals getting nothing more than hassle - constant parties, parking hell.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1