DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Individual house thread

Frank Hovis

One percent
5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

HouseS

She was blowing the IO BTL increases.

And from Zoopla, so total made up BS.

Its bad enough people getting fixated on what they think their house is worth.

My bloody mothers done this. Not that shes selling anytime. Not that the idiot EA knew that.

And, as I said, hes a moron. If you need a valuation then you need to use chartered surveyor (not that they know much/see far in future) not  cretin.

Was it Nick?  

spygirl
42 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Er, no. You forget the money printing - plebs have got poorer, but a lot of people have become enormously rich. Richer people will buy property with cash, and rent them to people on lower wages who will scratch an ever-more-difficult living. The proportion of owner-occupiers will steadily fall.

While there are more people than there is available housing, and the tax regime encourages/permits accumulating property, prices may fall a bit with higher rates, but there can be no crash. 1 million+ immigrants a year will ensure this, in fact I'd imagine it will get worse.  

Money printing went to the banks and UKGOV benefit bill.

People on bennies cannot get a mortgages.

Locally, using Scabby as the tow big enough that youd want to live in, there are fuck all FTBS.

And theyve been as rare as hen teeth since 2008.

Most people under ~45 are on benefits, to a greater or lessor extent. And have been milked by IO BTL.

Most people over ~55 have a hosue and wont be bale to get another mortgage.

There is *LITTLE TO NO* market.

https://www.home.co.uk/search/property.htm?location=scarborough

Set radius to 6 miles.

Search by price

841 flats n houses For Sale.

https://houseprices.io/?q=scarborough

Quick whiz thru actual sold prices - taking out the big farms/commercial premises - and its looking like median sodl price is around 150k-200k.

Thats really pushing it for local wages,so more likely to be people selling up other houses, or moving from elsewhere.

Anyhow, back to home.co.uk

50 pages of houses fo sale.

You have to go to the last 5 before you get to the sort of prices prices are selling for.

The adjustment downwards is going to be brutal.

• Agree 1

spygirl
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Was it Nick?  

It was.

Feckless#1 ahd gim round when shes getting a value for the house for the court cae - not a dvioce as she wasnt married.

He coems up with a uts figure, which was good for her.

I said - Youll not that get thru court if they challenge it, cos theyll want a figure from a CS.

Anyhow, she was so pleased with the high valution that motha wanted her house valued.

Im like why ffs?

Oh, its 350k. Im really happy with that.

her mates logn dead hubby valued his house at 500k ~20 years.

He sat in that house with a For Sale for ~6y til he died of cancer.

Then the wife sold up for ~300k (it was a small holding) and moved into the village.

• Lol 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Money printing went to the banks and UKGOV benefit bill.

People on bennies cannot get a mortgages.

Locally, using Scabby as the tow big enough that youd want to live in, there are fuck all FTBS.

And theyve been as rare as hen teeth since 2008.

Most people under ~45 are on benefits, to a greater or lessor extent. And have been milked by IO BTL.

Most people over ~55 have a hosue and wont be bale to get another mortgage.

There is *LITTLE TO NO* market.

https://www.home.co.uk/search/property.htm?location=scarborough

Set radius to 6 miles.

Search by price

841 flats n houses For Sale.

https://houseprices.io/?q=scarborough

Quick whiz thru actual sold prices - taking out the big farms/commercial premises - and its looking like median sodl price is around 150k-200k.

Thats really pushing it for local wages,so more likely to be people selling up other houses, or moving from elsewhere.

Anyhow, back to home.co.uk

50 pages of houses fo sale.

You have to go to the last 5 before you get to the sort of prices prices are selling for.

The adjustment downwards is going to be brutal.

No.

While there is pressure on housing with an ever-increasing population, it can't happen.

1m+ a year is massive, a significant city's worth of people every year, all while building fuck all.

It's true that low wagers and benny types won't get a mortgage, but richer people will, and they'll rent to the poorer people.

Empty, unsold, unrented houses will make a crash, that's only going to happen in small localities which have become so undesirable/rough/dangerous that even wannabe landlords are scared off. There are simply too many people, and not enough houses. 

• Agree 3

One percent
16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

It was.

Feckless#1 ahd gim round when shes getting a value for the house for the court cae - not a dvioce as she wasnt married.

He coems up with a uts figure, which was good for her.

I said - Youll not that get thru court if they challenge it, cos theyll want a figure from a CS.

Anyhow, she was so pleased with the high valution that motha wanted her house valued.

Im like why ffs?

Oh, its 350k. Im really happy with that.

her mates logn dead hubby valued his house at 500k ~20 years.

He sat in that house with a For Sale for ~6y til he died of cancer.

Then the wife sold up for ~300k (it was a small holding) and moved into the village.

Odious little runt of a man.  

spygirl
26 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

No.

While there is pressure on housing with an ever-increasing population, it can't happen.

1m+ a year is massive, a significant city's worth of people every year, all while building fuck all.

It's true that low wagers and benny types won't get a mortgage, but richer people will, and they'll rent to the poorer people.

Empty, unsold, unrented houses will make a crash, that's only going to happen in small localities which have become so undesirable/rough/dangerous that even wannabe landlords are scared off. There are simply too many people, and not enough houses. 

Migrants donr have the money to pay for the houses, or skills to get a job.

HousePriceMania
1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Er, no. You forget the money printing - plebs have got poorer, but a lot of people have become enormously rich. Richer people will buy property with cash, and rent them to people on lower wages who will scratch an ever-more-difficult living. The proportion of owner-occupiers will steadily fall.

While there are more people than there is available housing, and the tax regime encourages/permits accumulating property, prices may fall a bit with higher rates, but there can be no crash. 1 million+ immigrants a year will ensure this, in fact I'd imagine it will get worse.  

https://positivemoney.org/2019/09/bank-of-england-confirms-positive-money-analysis-of-house-prices/

BANK OF ENGLAND FINALLY ADMITS HIGH HOUSE PRICES ARE DETERMINED BY FINANCE, NOT SUPPLY AND DEMAND

• Agree 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
38 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Migrants donr have the money to pay for the houses, or skills to get a job.

Doesn't matter, they don't pay the rent.

• Agree 3

swiss_democracy_for_all
13 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

https://positivemoney.org/2019/09/bank-of-england-confirms-positive-money-analysis-of-house-prices/

BANK OF ENGLAND FINALLY ADMITS HIGH HOUSE PRICES ARE DETERMINED BY FINANCE, NOT SUPPLY AND DEMAND

That's only part of the argument. Cheap money is one part. Supply is another part. Tax legislation favouring rentierism is another part. Government paying rent of bennie class (including working bennie class) is the last part.

Cheap money getting slightly less cheap, which is all that's happened, won't be enough on it's own to create anything more than mild downward pressure. Change the other parts, and something might really happen. But there is no political will for this.

sarahbell
6 hours ago, Royston said:

Current owners bought in August '22 for £1.2m, they've done nothing at all to the house it was fully modernised by the previous owner and the glamping business was already up and running when they bought it in '22.

18 months later its apparently worth an extra half a million...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/144831248#/?channel=COM_BUY

Curious why they've got it listed as commercial/hotel when it's no such thing, the house is a private residence. 

It's got glamping nonsense and a cabin in the garden

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

£700k for a 2 bed is really taking the piss.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/142193387?

Did you clock the neighbouring property? That cedar clad modern modular building style that people seem to love.

In their head I guess they look at bit Grand Designs-y. To me they just scream "cheap and readily available finance".

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 17-37-50 Check out this 3 bedroom bungalow for sale on Rightmove.png

Edited by spunko
only 1 neighbour

Wight Flight
33 minutes ago, spunko said:

Did you clock the neighbouring property? That cedar clad modern modular building style that people seem to love.

In their head I guess they look at bit Grand Designs-y. To me they just scream "cheap and readily available finance".

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 17-37-50 Check out this 3 bedroom bungalow for sale on Rightmove.png

The whole thing is just fugly.

Even got the boiler exposed in the kitchen.

Bobthebuilder
6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

The whole thing is just fugly.

Even got the boiler exposed in the kitchen.

Because of the boilers proximity to the sink it should be in a cupboard, reported as at risk on a gas safety test.

• Informative 2

Royston
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

It's got glamping nonsense and a cabin in the garden

It still seems odd to have it as a commercial listing though, it means it's not visible on a standard rightmove search for residential property and the bulk of the value of the property lies in the residential house rather than the glamping business. 

In fact I happen to know the reason they're selling up after only 18 months is because the business is not as profitable as they were expecting. 

nirvana
On 15/04/2024 at 19:07, Sasquatch said:

For £2.5 mill, I'd much rather have this.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/146466794#/?channel=RES_BUY

i used to know a couple who lived in Appletreewick somewhere near.....wasn't that one.....it was sorta 'round the back'......but google maps won't let me walk there lol

They were a funny old couple....had a fancy grand piano, always did good grub and wine.....RIP

edit: wasn't there it was closer to Ilkley, think I'm getting confused with the pub lol

Edited by nirvana

nirvana
On 15/04/2024 at 21:27, One percent said:

It seems well over priced. 

cos it's just around the corner from Ilkley.......which they think is posh for some reason....

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

One percent
1 minute ago, nirvana said:

cos it's just around the corner from Ilkley.......which they think is posh for some reason....

Ah, that’s the place they don’t allow hats.  :)

• Lol 1

nirvana

fuk me I used to live in the Golden Triangle.....I thought it was further west, Ilkey, Otley.......

christ I was posher than I thought :CryBaby:

edit: fuk me twice I had 4 houses in the golden triangle (not all at once).......I'm off to cry, nice weekend all :CryBaby:

1920px-Golden_Triangle_(Yorkshire).svg.png

Edited by nirvana
  • Cheers 1

HousePriceMania
6 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That's only part of the argument. Cheap money is one part. Supply is another part. Tax legislation favouring rentierism is another part. Government paying rent of bennie class (including working bennie class) is the last part.

Cheap money getting slightly less cheap, which is all that's happened, won't be enough on it's own to create anything more than mild downward pressure. Change the other parts, and something might really happen. But there is no political will for this.

There's a real sickness in the UK, you could stand pointing a world destroying meteor hurtling towards the earth and the British would be saying, "our house prices will keep going up anyway".

• Agree 2

roundhouse
11 hours ago, Royston said:

Current owners bought in August '22 for £1.2m, they've done nothing at all to the house it was fully modernised by the previous owner and the glamping business was already up and running when they bought it in '22.

18 months later its apparently worth an extra half a million...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/144831248#/?channel=COM_BUY

Curious why they've got it listed as commercial/hotel when it's no such thing, the house is a private residence. 

RM also quote its rateable value so it is commercial, but agree doesn't sound like the house itself is a hotel. 

• Agree 1

spygirl
5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

SELLER INSIGHT

It was the opportunity for multigenerational living that first drew us to this property,” say the current owners of The Rectory. “We were living in Surrey, my elderly father was in Kent, and we were setting up our own business needing access to London, so we drew a circle on the map to determine how far we were willing to move. Initially, we were looking for a house for us and our young family, and another nearby for my father, but when we found The Rectory with its own Coach House in the grounds, we increasingly liked the idea of all living together. As the Coach House was in use as a B&B, my father ended up living with us in the main house, which with its 7 bedrooms including two master suites is more than big enough! In the years since, it has been wonderful to see young and old thrive in a family home where everyone has their own space.” Warm and welcoming, this is the ideal home for everyday family life and entertaining alike. “The house flexes to accommodate our needs, whether there are ten or a hundred people in it,” the owners say. “The kitchen is the heart of the home, as a place for cooking, eating and spending time with family and friends. Everyone tends to gather around the big kitchen island and guests often say they don’t want to leave! Large doors open onto the outdoor kitchen complete with hot and cold running water, barbecue and fridge for seamless indoor-outdoor entertaining. The southwesterly facing patio is a real sun trap, so is wonderful for al fresco dining.” Indeed, the secure grounds serve as an extension of the indoor living accommodation. “Approaching three and a half acres the semi-moated gardens provide a wonderful sense of space and seclusion,” say the owners. “This is a real haven for wildlife, from koi in the moat and pond, to kingfishers hovering over the water and birds singing in the trees. Our children have loved growing up with so much land to roam, the large grassy areas having played host to trampolines, climbing frames and games of every sport you can imagine over the years. It is a playground for young and old alike: a particularly special memory of our time here is of my father walking 100 laps of the garden to raise a record-breaking sum of almost £40million for NHS charities during the pandemic!”

Strange.

My memory is mainly the OTT grifting.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2